Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

An Expected Journey: S5 ranked with Nameless

Creator: The_Nameless_Bard January 21, 2015 9:00am
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 9:48am | Report
Well, just dodged for the first time this season. I was gonna pick Ezreal and just drag myself through it, but that seemed like a waste of my time. I got an idiot (who was going top lane) who was whining because the top pick wouldn't ban Kat ("ban Kat or lose game" over and over). Pretty sure it was Karma (might have been Annie support, but I doubt it) support on the enemy team and our support picked Janna with Ignite into a team of high damage **** and told me to "dodge or deal with it" when I said "hey can you take Exhaust please? I don't ADC much, so I'd like to play pretty passive and just worry about keeping up on CS"....but this is a guy who rushes Rod of Ages on Vel'Koz support and doesn't buy Sightstone for 25-35 minutes on Morgana support. ok then. Apparently that ****'ll get you to gold, because he was gold last season.

plus no Jarvan IV ban and I really didn't feel like playing ADC against a Jarvan IV.

I'll pass on that one.

Question to go with that: are Ezreal and Graves (with Quinn as a "they banned one and picked the other of my other two picks" pick) good enough for if I have to ADC?
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 10:11am | Report
Yeah, Graves is one of, if not the strongest ADC right now, and Ezreal isn't the best but he's certainly viable.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 10:18am | Report
Yeah, Graves is one of, if not the strongest ADC right now, and Ezreal isn't the best but he's certainly viable.
I thought so. I know Quinn's pretty low on the ladder, but I know her well enough to usually not lose lane with her and mostly keep up on CS if I'm forced to play ADC and can't get Graves. I prefer to mostly pick Ezreal against stuff like Jarvan IV, because I hate trying to CS with that champion (though I sorta pulled it off last time I played him).
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 2:11am | Report
Graves W, if well used, is the most bs ability in the game.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 6:29pm | Report
Things I did right: Areas where improvement is needed:
  • Was a little annoyed with Jayce for not paying any attention to what the team needed and got a bit snippy at the beginning
  • op.gg didn't want to take a replay of this game T-T
  • The Lee Sin asked me not to ban Jarvan IV, but unfortunately the chat was super laggy for everyone and I'd already clicked him by the time I saw he'd asked that. Luckily he wasn't mad about it.
  • Unstoppable Onslaught cannot be interrupted by Monsoon is unstoppable, go figure. I shoulda known that.
notes:
  • Up for my series....yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
  • Shaco is an annoying little *****. Also what is with all these people picking Leona into Janna, so far most of them can't land Zenith Blade and if they manage to they telegraph so bad that I can just interrupt them with Howling Gale no problem.
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 6:48pm | Report
Things I did right:
  • Good use of Glacial Fissure, especially combos with Last Breath from OTG.
  • Decent vision control, could be better
  • Did a pretty good job of blocking **** and keeping people alive.
Areas where improvement is needed:
  • Wasn't quite as ballzy as I could have been early in bot lane, we were winning all the trades and I kinda wasn't capitalizing on that at all
  • Not great use of Face of the Mountain Shield.
  • Got early locket because Cho was fed and then immediately wished I'd gotten armor first instead. That was annoying.
notes:
  • One more win to win my series!
  • First duo queue since my provisionals
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 28, 2015 7:40pm | Report
Things I did right: Areas where improvement is needed:
  • Vision control not so good.
  • Really should just have build utilitank instead of rushing Morellonomicon, oh well.
  • For some reason Ahri really wanted my *** even though I wasn't even remotely a threat.
notes:
  • Skipped a division!
  • 6 game win streak, wow.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2015 12:27am | Report
Congrats! Keep it up :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 29, 2015 12:28am | Report
jhoijhoi wrote:
Congrats! Keep it up :)

Jhoi what happened to your ranked stuff? :D
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 31, 2015 3:07pm | Report
Jayce, you wouldn't believe how busy I am, now that I'm back teaching. Or at least, I'm busy when I'm not procrastinating by reading ranked threads on MOBAFire 8D Was thinking of trying for placements today after I've marked a few year 8 literacy exams (30 to go!). I'll update my ranked thread then, with all the glory or failure :)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig unintentional collab with Jovy and me ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide