Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

S5 Ranked: One Way Ticket to Hell

Creator: Wayne3100 January 21, 2015 8:10am
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 3, 2015 12:44pm | Report
Ok, so I know that in my previous update I said I probably wouldn't be posting about my smurf again, but I actually have no idea when I'll start playing on my main and it's probably not a bad idea to get back into the habit of posting about games again, soooo I changed my mind.

I'll probably be sticking to a two-images-per-post format, with the left image being a screenshot of my match history and the one on the right being a highlighted game which I'll talk about in a bit more detail (click for full size). I also added a third champion for every role in the opening post, which is completely unrelated, but I just wanted to mention that.

So, with that said:

Game 11-19

As you can see, I've been playing whatever I've felt like playing / whatever the team needed since finishing my placements, and so far I'm pretty happy with the results. I was actually forced into jungling Pantheon in both games I played him (because of Jarvan IV / Rek'Sai being banned), but looking back I have to say I'm glad I did.

With other junglers (like the two I just mentioned), I tend to back after clearing one of the two buffs + 3 smaller camps (which grants enough gold to upgrade Hunter's Machete). Because of Pantheon's passive, however, I've found that I can clear both buffs + 2 other camps and still have more than enough health to go for an early gank whenever I play him (which most people don't seem to expect from junglers nowadays).

In this game, I went top after clearing Gromp > Blue > Wolves > Red and got First Blood on the enemy Xerath (after he and Lissandra had an early fight which left both of them at low health), then immediately went mid and got another kill on Ziggs, which allowed me to get Ranger's Trailblazer, Mobility Boots + wards at 5:19 minutes into the game. This made me fast enough to react to Nidalee's first gank by counter ganking and killing her before using my wards to establish vision control around the Dragon area and taking it.

After this, we should've probably been able to steamroll the enemy team, but due to a combination of individual mistakes and poor team communication most mid game teamfights went pretty back and forth, with the poke from Xerath and the damage from Jinx being especially annoying to deal with. Luckily we did manage to keep control of the objectives (5-0 in Dragons, 2-0 in Barons) and eventually we pushed them back further and further before closing out the game.

Promoted to Gold III :)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 4, 2015 3:45pm | Report
wow your stats are great!!1
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 2:58pm | Report
Before I talk about these games, I just want to mention that I renamed this account to Wayne because that name became available today (after 2.5 years of inactivity of the guy who used to have the IGN). Yay! :D

Game 20-24

Now I'll admit, I could've picked a better game to highlight.

For example, I could've mentioned how in the Rumble game my cs was god awful and how I really wish I could become good at farming with him one day. I could've mentioned that, on the flipside, my ultimates that game were actually all really good and that I'm proud of myself for that. Alternatively, I could've talked about the Pantheon game, mentioned that I felt like I was choosing good moments to gank but I still struggled to outperform the enemy Udyr, and I could've went on to tell you about how their lanes eventually got ahead far enough for them to slowly take over vision/objective control all across the map. Finally, I could've talked about how awful I played in the Syndra game (with the exception of a few max range stuns) and said that I'm still not sure how I got away with that.

Instead, I'm highlighting the last game. Not because there's much to talk about here (it was a pretty one sided game, as you can see), but because of something which happened earlier today. Before I played the Syndra game, I entered champion select as second pick and picked Caitlyn before seeing two teammates both pick jungle at the same time and lock in. This was obviously followed by a collection of OMGs and WTFs from said teammates, before they eventually decided that Udyr would simply have to lane mid. Our last pick then also picked Blitzcrank (which for some reason seems to be everyone's favorite choice when picking a support for Caitlyn even though it makes zero sense), so I decided to dodge.

Now, if you look at the screenshot (again?), you might notice how I got pretty close to 100 LP (definitely closer than I expected when I went into that game having 67 LP). In fact, I'm pretty sure I was exactly 3 LP away from it..........

...asfdsgerjhoperhnopsbngriwisobdfubsvskcjbmvniwuefuisbvdvondpoghoidfb >.>

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 5:30pm | Report
Good thing you're 3 LP away from it now and not 12/whatever you would have lost from that game!
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 5, 2015 5:42pm | Report
How it would feel like to post the Pantheon game:

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 8:20am | Report
Quick update since I doubt I'll play any more games today.

Game 25 & 26

Boy oh boy this game was frustrating. Bit of a wall of text incoming. I'm sorry.

Based on the screenshot this might be a somewhat odd statement to make, but I don't think I've ever played a Syndra lane as well as this before. Seeing as I'm not a mid lane main, I normally tend to be quite passive and try to simply get ahead by farming better than my opponent. Despite (unnecessarily) dying to a gank early in this game, however, I actually started taking advantage of Lissandra's low range after a couple of levels and tried poking her with my Qs as often as possible. This caused her to lose a lot of cs and I eventually managed to kill her with the help of Fiddlesticks. Bot lane also started off pretty well and our first couple of (small) teamfights resulted in us getting a bunch of kills, so things were looking good for us.

Unfortunately, being so aggressive left me vulnerable to ganks from Vi and Irelia (who was doing quite well) and the enemy team decided to abuse this hard. My score went from 8-2 (during the mid game) to 8-9 (at the very end of it) because of my inability to deal with the ganks / focus on me in teamfights, and even though that freed up Caitlyn a bit the enemy team still had little trouble dealing with her too.

Looking back, I think the problem for me was a combination of two things:
  • Although I placed wards very frequently, I was hesitant to place my wards deep into the river because I feared Vi/ Irelia might be there, which combined with Lissandra CC is a free kill for their team. At the same time, however, this meant that - while playing aggressively - I was almost constantly at risk of not seeing a gank coming before it was already too late. I should've taken the risk to place them deeper, because even though that could backfire it would at least keep me safe for 3 minutes, denying Lissandra a way back into the game.
  • Regardless of placement, I didn't check my wards often enough while I was being aggressive because I was so focused on poking Lissandra. I'm hoping my map awareness in mid lane will improve over time if I play the role more (as it did in top lane).

Going into this game, I knew we needed an early lead because of how strong / easily executable their teamfight looked. We managed to get that lead, but then simply didn't play well enough to keep hold of it. The laning phase of this game still gave me a huge confidence boost, but I realise that's no excuse for me to die so often afterwards, so I definitely have that to work on. This would also be a good time to mention I hate Vi.

...Won the game after though so I did reach my series \o/

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 8:56am | Report

Grats on series and good luck, buddy c: Looking back, do you really think it would have been better to risk warding deeper into their territory? Because I'd think you were right in not doing that, if Vi was ganking you so much, and especially if Irelia was roaming frequently as well. I think it would've been better to have asked Fiddlesticks or someone else, your support, to do it for you.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 7, 2015 9:14am | Report

Myeah, the problem was I placed most of my wards quite near the lane even before I was frequently getting ganked, which despite my reasoning for it is a bad habit. I mean, knowing how easy it is for Lissandra to set up a gank and knowing that I don't check the map often enough (yet), a ward so close to my lane isn't even really going to help me anyway.

I do agree that after the first few ganks it would've been better to ask Fiddlesticks to visit mid too (or have him / the support ward for me), yeah. I was too busy being sad about my lane going to **** after I played so well to consider all of that during the game though, oops.

Out Of Pancakes
<Inhouse Addict>
Out Of Pancakes's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2015 1:33am | Report
Gl for series!
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2015 2:06am | Report