Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

S5 Ranked: One Way Ticket to Hell

Creator: Wayne3100 January 21, 2015 8:10am
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 8, 2015 5:20pm | Report
Game 27-29

Duo'd my series with GMD's smurf (which he hadn't played a single game on yet this season).

I regret picking Caitlyn in the first game. I was facing a Blitzcrank - Ezreal lane (with a random teammate supporting me on Janna) and we got completely crushed because Cait simply isn't strong enough to fight the all-ins which a good Blitz forces by landing hooks. Way to ruin a 100% win rate. The two of them were extremely toxic towards me and the rest of my team on all chat btw, so much that even their teammates kept asking to report them. I guess they were trying to make me go on tilt?

Anyway, to make up for what was no doubt my worst game of the season so far, I played a Sivir - Vel'Koz lane with GMD twice, first versus Leona - Vayne and then versus Tristana - Nami. In both lanes I managed to get a cs lead simply by shoving the wave into the enemy tower constantly, and considering the aim on Leona's Zenith Blades / the fact that the Nami was constantly forced to heal Tristana while she was missing cs under tower due to her E meant we had little to fear from our opponents in lane.

The rest of our team was doing pretty decent in both games too, with the only worry being Jarvan IV doing a lot of work early on in the final game of the promos. Ultimately that didn't get Cho'Gath & Ahri far enough ahead to really make an impact though, especially since for some reason Ahri still managed to be far behind in cs.

Honestly don't think there's much else to talk about in either of those games though, we played solid in lane and then played the teamfights better (as a team) too, so I went from 0-1 to 2-1. Promoted to Gold I :)

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2015 3:41am | Report
....Post spotted.

Congrats once more on getting gold 1! You'll be plat in no time c: Have you decided yet what your goal is for the Wayne account?
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2015 6:42am | Report
Where the heck do you keep getting all those cat pictures? Do you have a special cat folder?
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2015 9:03am | Report
Quoted:
Congrats once more on getting gold 1! You'll be plat in no time c: Have you decided yet what your goal is for the Wayne account?

Thanks! I'm going to try reaching my season goal (Diamond) on this account for now. Considering the fact that the MMR of this account is pretty good right now (getting plat III/IV teammates and opponents), I should be able to climb relatively fast assuming I don't completely butcher my win rate (74.3% after playing the games posted below).

With that said...

Game 30-35

Two more duo games (yesterday) followed by four solo games (today).

The reason I'm highlighting the first game (GMD made a screenshot because my client died ._.) is because it was the closest game and also the most challenging one for me individually. Our LeBlanc and Malphite were actually supposed to swap in champion select, but failed to do so because of a client bug, so it was no big surprise to see them fall behind in their lanes relatively fast.

Because of this, most of the mid game teamfights went somewhat like this for me:
  1. Deal with a fed Riven
  2. Survive due to Vel'Koz CC and/or Exhaust
  3. Deal with a fed Kassadin
  4. If still alive, die to Shaco using Deceive x_x

This resulted in me dying without getting kills fairly often, but the important thing which I felt I did well was to always at least deal damage before dying, giving others on my team the chance to clean up; had I tried to run instead, I probably wouldn't have had any influence at all. Our team played most teamfights pretty decently, which combined with our dragon control made the difference in the end. I also managed to pick up some kills near the end to make my score more bearable.

In the other games, I learned that my Thresh is quite rusty, that I still hate (jungling against) Vi and that it sucks to farm well but not get any kills in teamfights :(

Time for promos!

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2015 12:20pm | Report
Luther3000 wrote:
Where the heck do you keep getting all those cat pictures? Do you have a special cat folder?
You think it's hard to find cats on the internet?

Good luck in your promos Wayne :3!

by jhoijhoi
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2015 12:32pm | Report
Quoted:
You think it's hard to find cats on the internet?

Good luck in your promos Wayne :3!

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 10, 2015 12:46pm | Report
http://porkmail.org/era/unix/award.html#cat

Good luck with the promos! Still waiting for that 31/0/0.

EDIT: try not to make it a 3/10/0
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2015 7:45am | Report
Zzzzz, could've figured this was going to happen now...

Game 36-39

The first game was over after 20 minutes and was very uneventful. The third and fourth game took a little longer but were pretty similar in terms of how onesided they were, with (almost) all our lanes being behind and one of our teammates having high ping in game 3, too.

There's a bit more to talk about in the Sion game. I traded him for LeBlanc (which I secured for someone else) because I felt like he would do better vs Satan than my usual options and soon found out that I was right about that. I managed to get a cs lead and a kill top, while LeBlanc also started well in the mid lane and secured First Blood.

Our bot lane initially seemed to be doing great (with Miss Fortune picking up two kills), but Graves managed to pick up three kills shortly after, so they ended up somewhat even. In fights, however, the big difference was that Miss Fortune (due to poor positioning / having no escape) was a pretty easy target for Fizz/ Jarvan IV to jump on while we didn't have much to lock down Graves. After dying three times in the first 25 minutes, he never died again and decided most fights in the enemy team's favor. After getting their fifth Dragon and a Baron buff, they were able to secure the win.

I felt rather useless in teamfights (with Black Shield and Cataclysm leaving me unable to hit priority targets with my ultimate), but am not sure how much more I could've done. Back to 90 LP, so I should be able to reach promos again soonTM

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 12, 2015 12:20pm | Report
Damn it Wayne, I had a celebration gif ready and you just had to go ahead and ruin it for everyone, didn't you?

by jhoijhoi
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep February 16, 2015 12:17am | Report
Game 40

No real point in including a screenshot of my match history since it's only one game.

As you can see this game eventually turned out to be pretty one sided, but there are still a few things I can mention just for the heck of it:

• With Amumu and Maokai picked by the enemy team already and with Leona being a popular choice for support in my elo range, I should've probably picked Janna instead of sticking to my support comfort pick.
  • Wow, people sure get annoyed easily. Twisted Fate was a little late to buy items and move from spawn, which was reason enough for Pantheon to ping spam him (not really sure what he was trying to achieve by that, do pings increase an ally's movement speed?). TF then called him an idiot, which was reason enough for Pantheon not to give him any blue buffs for the rest of the game and ask the enemy team to report TF for being "toxic" at the end of the game (despite there being no further incidents after that).
  • Twisted Fate also fell behind to Anivia early (the guy already has 205 games on her this season o_o) and Pantheon fed her another kill when she was 2-0, which didn't help to relieve the tension. Luckily, Caitlyn and I were doing great in the bot lane because Leona showed up late but Lucian decided to walk into Flay range despite that, meaning both his Heal and Flash were down early and Cait was able to easily gain a cs lead. We also had good Dragon control (3-0), which always helps.
  • I'm amazed Lucian got 3 kills given the fact he only dealt 6.9k damage to enemy champions. I mean, even I dealt 9.6k....
  • I thought I used my Face of the Mountain active on Caitlyn in one of the teamfights (as she was being focused), but didn't realise I actually hadn't until after she had already died ._. We still won the fight easily, but I should keep an eye on that in the future.

Take 2!

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide