Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Super OTG World: Season 5 Shenanigans

Creator: OTGBionicArm January 7, 2015 1:20pm
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 2:31pm | Report
Games 12-13: I feel like I'm being punished.

Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 3:19pm | Report
My ADC page has three flat MR and six scaling MR, is that ok?

If it's a general ADC rune page, it should have 9 flat MR. 6 scaling MR would be a specialized rune page for late-game if your lane opponents don't do much magic damage.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 25, 2015 11:02pm | Report
Not a new game post but our good friend Amanda made me this pretty baller banner for my thread:
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 12:53am | Report
Skipped a game; my bad, but I'm seriously getting tired of the Ignite bm at top lane. I'm also sick of seeing enemy ADCs go like 13/2.
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 1:53am | Report
I always take ignite when I top in solo queue. Snowballing lane with aggressiveness and roaming with a lead rather than TPing is better IMO.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 1:56am | Report
Then why does everyone hype TP? Why do I ever follow anything anyone says if it's apparently wrong by the time I do it?
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 2:48am | Report
Ehm, the fact that he prefers Ignite doesn't make Teleport "wrong". I think TP is more commonly used, but you'd have to check probuilds to be sure.

Anyway, in solo queue you can definitely use either, it's just a matter of playing it right. An Ignite user will have higher kill pressure in lane, which he should be looking to abuse in (early) trades. On the flip side, if he dies or gets forced back to base (for example by a gank from the enemy jungler), he will obviously lose out on more than a Teleport user would if the minion wave gets pushed to his tower. Teleport users are also able to influence other lanes with a TP gank, but it can be extremely punishing if that doesn't work out for them.

I personally prefer using Teleport in all of my games (because I kinda feel like you have to snowball when picking Ignite for it to be worth it), but you could also let it depend on your champion pick (by using Ignite on an aggressive laner like Renekton while using Teleport if you're playing a tank like Maokai, for example).

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 5:13am | Report
Yah it's not wrong, but I personally think people use it too much in solo queue. I suck at making TP plays so I've started running Ignite in almost every lane on top lane. If neither jungler shows up at top lane much, then 90% of the time I win lane for free, and my lane opponent fails to make any useful TP's other than TP'ing top lane to not miss farm.

I think people are too focused on TP because it's what everyone in competitive uses. Though there have been more and more people using Ignite recently, I think.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 9:44am | Report
TP is better for a competitive setting - there's literally no doubt about it, but regarding solo queue it depends on your preferences. Most people don't take TP because they don't understand how to think ahead and manipulate the macrogame enough to use TP effectively (manipulating the minion wave to gain an advantage while having TP like big trades, zoning, tp ganks, tp splitpushes, etcetc), or they don't like having to focus on how the whole game is going rather than their own champ. Also, simply enough ignite is easier to use and also very effective.

Honestly speaking though, with how solo queue currently is, all you need to do to win is to focus on your win conditions, think actively in game, and you can improve and climb.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 26, 2015 12:36pm | Report

Game 15: Think I'm gonna take a break now.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide