Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2016 9:19pm | Report

This one came down to the wire. We beat them off our Nexus. Won another team fight. Took Baron. I Teleported to Bot lane where we had a big minion wave approaching their tower. Punched through that tower and the inhibitor. Unfortunately, our Jhin went Mid and took out their Mid outer tower which was an unnecessary waste of time. If he had followed the rest of us in we would have ended the game. Everyone except Thresh gets killed when the enemy team respawns. He tried valiantly to defend the base, but the rest of us were down too long to take out Caitlyn before they were able to finish off our Nexus.

Their team was a pain in my void butt because they had multiple ways to cancel my ultimate, so it was hard to get a full channel ocme late game. There were some times I probably should have waited longer before ulting so probably need to work on that aspect of my play.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2016 10:11pm | Report

Apparently Trinity Force Diana is a thing. Got stomped six ways to Sunday on this one. Bot was holding even so I was trying to focus some attention on Mid and Top but Diana turned up almost every time. By the time she got her ult it was really hard to get away from her.

One mistake I made was noting that Diana was taking the Rift Scuttler Top side. Syndra got Lee low so I was going over their to gank but I guess Diana must have warned him of where I was because he chose that moment to ward the bush. I might have been able to skate between the Rift Scuttler vision and the ward vision and come around on Top of him, but I chose to go Top instead and try to make a play on Vladimir. And guess who showed up. Yep. Diana.

And another mistake I made was going in too early on I think it was Vladimir. I should have considered that Malphite was too low to help us and Syndra needed to hit her stun first before I went in. But I moved too early. Vladimir killed me and I think Malphite and then Lee Sin teleported in and the two were able to finish off Syndra. At that point we had lost our outer Top turret and our outer Mid turret and where living in our jungle so I was not able to get much farm.

Well, mistakes were made. Will try to improve on them and then do better the next time.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2016 9:44pm | Report

I won a game with a Yasuo on my team. A Yasuo that fed Renekton most of laning phase, despite me ganking and killing Renekton as soon as I got my ultimate.

Twisted Fate really wanted a tank. First asking Yasuo to play someone tanky. I concur. Either you are a Yasuo master and just face roll with him or you are probably going to feed and this is Silver so.... When Yas locked in he TF really wanted me to pick a tank. I opted for Warwick because of Zed and Elise. Too much mobility and not a lot of defenses. Warwick is your psychopathic werewolf lock down.

It worked out nicely that I picked up a double kill on Lucian and Alistar before even getting my ultimate. That let me almost finish Enchantment: Bloodrazor on my first back, which in turn helped me clear faster. Got ultimate and then ran up to Top lane for the aforementioned gank on Renekton. Ganked Bot a few more times and Mid as well for some kills on Zed. That put everyone in decent position to take this one home. I also keep running into Elise on her way to gank places so I was able to warn my team without getting chunked out by her in the process.

Enjoyed having a winning Bot lane and a doing decently Mid lane. That meant that taking Dragons went smoothly.

It was fun to make a solid contribution to the team and take home a victory. I enjoy picking junglers that are right for the circumstances and having that pay off.

One thing I did try to do was wait until Alistar used all his CC before ulting anyone. I learned the hard way that a good Alistar can make Warwick extremely sad. The one fight I got booted off of Lucian I still had Flash up so I was able to just Flash back in to secure the kill.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2016 11:11pm | Report

Don't remember a lot of details on this one. Vi and Azir tag teamed Veigar. Bot wasn't doing great and neigher was Top. We kept being dead at bad times so that meant they had dragon control and they just did better with at pushing and taking objectives in general.

Bot lane got wrecked. Top lane got wrecked. Mid was doing ok and I was doing pretty well, but it wasn't enough to make up the difference. Had the fun times of ulting people and having them Flash out of the fight rather than staying in or moving forward to allow me to initiate so had a couple of wasted ults.

Felt like I should have got more work done early game.

Kog'Maw was super whiney. No peel. Uhm you walked right up to Amumu who is full AP and you have no MR. What did you think would happen?

Amumu was hard to deal with since he could jump on one of our tanks and still get Kog since the aforementioned Kog was positionally challenged.

Sivir also got big which meant we had to deal with a considerable amount of AD and AP damage which was hard since we were behind. I should have bought Spirit Visage or at least a Spectre's Cowl prior to completing Dead Man's Plate and really I should have probably bought Randuin's Omen since were starting to deal with crits from Sivir.

Since we couldn't seem to manage to keep Kog'maw alive we didn't have enough damage to deal with the rest of their team. GG.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 6, 2016 11:16pm | Report

Not my finest Vel'Koz game in terms of stats. Graves ganked a couple of times for me, but Annie did a good job of sniffing them out or staying far enough back that I couldn't quite get a Tectonic Disruption or a Plasma Fission on her in order to keep her in place long for either myself or Graves to finish her off.

Aside from that Graves and Singed were causing mayhem. And at least Ahri was doing well in Bot. Overall the team did a decent job of pressuring our advantages or stalemating potential game turning dives/roams, so we ended up coming out ahead.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2016 10:18pm | Report

Maybe I should just play Warwick? He seems to be agreeing with me. Main trick is knowing who to ult. Locking down squishies especially the nasty mobile ones is satisfying. Garen did a good job beind super annoying Top lane and Caitlyn and Alistar were doing work in Bot lane. That left me to babysit Brand who needed it. However he was kinda of slow to respond at times so we didn't get to take advantage of some opportunities I set up. That meant the later part of early game was somewhat dry for me.

And we got 1 v 5d by Irelia. GG.

Had a good thing going with Bot lane, should have stuck with it, but made some time to try and kill of the Irelia who was kicking the **** out of our Malphite after she molested me in my jungle which cost me both of my buffs. Malphite did manage to kill her and get the buffs back, but that was the last good note out of that lane. However by the time she had Trinity Force I shouldn't have gone anywhere near her.

So, squishy assassin type. Irelia with Trinity Force is a no-no. Remember that.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 7, 2016 11:08pm | Report

Just doing monkey things. Farm was kind of atrocious. Spent too many ults on non-essential targets. Got it together later in the game and made sure Jhin was dead or running for his life every fight. Then there was peeling Fizz off of Ashe but really the team, especially Blitzcrank did a good job with that by dragging Fizz away every time he got onto Ashe. So poor Fizz might get some decent damage off but then he was getting ping ponged between Annie, Blitzcrank, and sometimes Darius, with me throwing some damage and the occasional knock-up in if it kept enough of them off the rest of my team.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 8, 2016 11:16pm | Report

Fizz was rocking it in Mid. Vayne was being spotted in Bot lane. She tried so hard to kill Caitlyn and Soraka at one point, but Soraka just kept healing Caitlyn while they ran back to their turret from the mid point of Bot lane. Karma did respectably in Top vs Hecarim.

We got Olafed. This despite me killing Olaf at least twice and almost killing him a third time except Quinn didn't respond in time. On Top of that we weren't quite **** well enough in any of our other lanes that we were able to drive home advantages there.

At another point they had four Bot so I pinged Quinn to go take their Top tower. She spent a good chunk of that time killing the Krugs. She got the Top outer tower. They continued to siege our Bot outer turret so I told her to keep going since we were fending them off pretty well. She did manage to take a chunk out of inner Top tower, but if she had gone when I pinged her she would have gotten that tower too.

We managed to pretty much ace them in our base so we ran up Mid but we took time to kill off the minion waves to try and get some of our own minions in their base since I didn't think we could actually brute force their Nexus turrets. We got their Nexus turrets but by that time they had respawned and ended up wiping the floor with us so it was GG.

My sound cut out for some reason so I had to do this game without being able to hear the game sounds. The main story of this game was Jhin and Morgana kicking the crud out of their Bot lane. After that it was me ulting and Smiteing Illaoi when she tried to ult in team fights. I hate that champion. She can be 0-3 and if you try to gank her you are probably getting double killed from full health. Worse than Heimerdinger in terms of wow the damage from her ult. And of course Lee Sin was camping Top lane since Garen didn't have Flash so that meant Illaoi was not 0-3 when she started to become a headache.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2016 10:52am | Report

Our Taliyah was struggling against Yasuo which she really shouldn't have been from what I know of the match-up. And she was a little crazy about initiating and going ham at inopportune times. Ekko was kind of breaking even against Gragas and Bot lane was not syncing up well which left them dead a couple of times while the enemy laners got away on minimal health. Hecarim was also getting work done around the map. Bot lane kept being dead before I could get to them, so I focused my attention Mid lane and Taliyah and I were able to put down Yasuo a couple of times. Late game apparently Gragas disconnected, which turned what was basically a stalemate into us starting to see some advantages. I hung around to peel Hecarim off our carries but ulting him anytime he ulted in on them, which allowed us to kill him off making a 3v5.

Had a couple of satisfying 1v1s verses Hecarim were he underestimated me and came out on the losing end.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2016 11:46am | Report

Usually not a good sign when one of your teammates annouces "Are we ever going to win one today?" That was Tahm Kench who I guess was duoing or trioing with the players besides myself and Fizz.

Shaco got work done early and ended up huge. He was pretty much able to one shot Lucian with Tahm around....

I don't know what Malphite was doing. He had several nonsensical ults which really didn't accomplish much. He also didn't buy a Sightstone which was costly as we had several deaths due to lack of vision.

I should have bought a Locket of the Iron Solari to try and mitigate some of Brand's damage. That was an oversight on my part.

First loss on Warwick since I started playing him again, despite having a pretty good stat line. :(

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide