Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2016 7:08am | Report

Queued as a foursome, two whom I've played with before and one that was new. Early game went reasonably well, with our lanes getting more kills than theirs. Riven especially was doing well vs Yasuo though several of their fights were close. Mid-game some positioning and decision making problems started showing up. In the midst of that their Volibear started to get really big. Fortunately Riven was far enough ahead that they could 3v1 as long as Volibear wasn't around to snack on her when she got to low health. We managed to piece things together well enough that we would have more people standing after team fights than they did which allowed us to pick up the win.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2016 7:18am | Report

Queued with the same foursome again for this one. However in this one we weren't so lucky with respect to our Top lane match-up. The Teemo just got ****ped on by Yasuo then went AFK into a bush for the next 15 minutes until they finally fully DCd/quit the game. Which at least meant they weren't feeding the Yasuo more kills directly, but meant we were a champion down. And really we were 2 champions down, because the Lux who was a new to me person we had picked up just went full stupid. Like positioning and decision making, which wasn't great in the previous game, went completely down the gutter to point that they were a liability and worse meant our ADC also got the shaft. Viktor did what they could, but between the two other somewhat functional members of our team we weren't able to stem the bleeding.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2016 6:07pm | Report

Odd game. Alistar invaded into our Blue side jungle way deep. I had to Flash but I picked up the kill on him, so nice start. Then Malphite invaded my Red side and took my Red Buff but nothing else then ganked Top lane for a gank on Darius that netted them a kill. He returned quite quickly and ganked Darius again, though Darius got away that time. I dropped a ward for Darius and then went about my business. Then Malphite is back at it helping their Bot lane pick up a kill on Sivir and him only having a Hunter's Talisman and Refillable Potion to his name. And somehow we were absorbing all that and making progress, despite my first gank on Fiora not netting us a kill. Ryze was actually good with the reworked Ryze. First one I've run into so far. He kept Vladimir in a reasonable amount of check and roamed well to pick up kills or otherwise chunk out targets. About the 23 minute mark I locked down and then solo killed Fiora keeping her out of the fight and my team just ran into their base which already the mid inhibitor down, killed anyone that respwaned, and took their Nexus. So yay!
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2016 9:14pm | Report

This one was a little rough until it wasn't. Nocturne got pretty fed early on and his ult delays the ability to use Stand United so I couldn't help in a lot of cases even if my ult was up. Still, Brand was doing pretty well against LeBlanc and I was doing fairly well. Shaco was okay in lane according to my duo partner who was ADCing, however my duo partner said he personally screwed up a couple of times in a row, and missed virtually every ult he used, which was mostly what was causing the headaches in Bot lane. Shaco did manage to split push the two towers in Bot lane, so go Shaco. However he didn't buy a Sightstone which I'm pretty sure got me killed at least once, when I found a while Lucian where he had no conceivable reason to be. So kind of looking ugly, but then we won a team fight or two and then quickly mopped up the game.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2016 9:20pm | Report

This was the Fizz and Pantheon show. Pantheon stomped Trundle and then started roaming to spread the love. Since there was point in the game where he could pretty much 3v1 that went nicely in our favor. I did meat shield duties and tried to flip Katarina every time she ulted my team, but a lot of the time she was already dead so I didn't have to bother. By Mid game we had this one pretty much in hand.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 27, 2016 8:57am | Report
VexRoth wrote:

Going to check my graphics card driver to make sure it is up to date.

I updated my graphics card driver and used the Nvidia software to optimized League. Between that and the patch, the graphical glitches I was seeing with respect to the client seem to have gone away. No client crashes either over 3 games last night so, hopefully everything is back to happy.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2016 10:32pm | Report

Slowest early game evah. Laners playing it super safe. No one out of position, everything just stationary around Mid or pushed up enough that it would have required a turret dive. Mid game picked up some speed but then Gnar apparently DCd, so they turtled and just waited to wombo my team ever time they tried to siege Mid. You would think my team would learn by the third time... I just busied myself with split pushing while my team got immolated. Late game they were pushing down Mid and Jhin singled out Annie with his ult so I went on her. Still didn't immediately get the kill. That was sort of the story of the game. Everyone always had Flash up when I went on them so the would get away with only a quarter of their health left, unless I had Flash up too. We managed to clean up that team fight barely and push to victory.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2016 10:37pm | Report

Best Xerath I've every played against. He **** stomped us pretty much by himself. Twitch who was already behind from laning phase just got deleted by Xerath every time he respawned. Seriously. Twitch would go to farm and Xerath would be there and in range to ult. Dead Twitch again. We couldn't manage to hold them off down Twitch despite having a super fed Gangplank on our squad.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2016 10:42pm | Report

Our Bot lane crushed their Bot lane and we were even or better everywhere else. I did a good job of getting all of Kindred's marks before they could. Couple of successful ganks vs Vlad with some help from [Udyr]]. Lux was the main problem and I managed to pick her off with my ult toward the end of the game and that allowed us to push to victory.

Died a couple of times by going too deep on turret dives given the amount of and duration of the stuns they have. We got a kill in each of those cases, but still something I need to curb.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 28, 2016 10:51pm | Report

This game was irritating. I don't care for one of our trio's predilection for playing Yasuo in the first place. That ended up forcing our Top laner to go Cho'Gath into a matchup he didn't care for all that much. Then Yas feed his *** off to Jax and Jayce. The first time I pinged him back because his health was way too low, but he didn't listen to me (not on voice com, but he might not have listened anyway). Mid-Late game, the game was fairly evenly balanced however Yas announces that we have to try and rush the win now because his parents wanted him off the computer. Dude in promos. Stay. No joy. So yeah, where we were sort of holding as 5, as 4, we couldn't manage, partially because Cho'Gath tilted when Yas DCd after feeding in lane.

Need to freaking remember not to ult Jax when he is using Counter Strike as it just makes him do a helluva lot of damage at the end of the duration or when he reactivates it.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide