Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

VexRoth - All That Is Ranked

Creator: VexRoth January 26, 2015 10:41pm
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2016 3:58pm | Report

Match History

Illaoi was getting pooped on early by Renekton. I came top to try and nip that in the bud. We killed Renekton when he dived Illaoi]] under turret, but he killed Illaoi so we only came out a little ahead from the assist gold. I came top one more time after that during the laning phase and ended up dying to Renekton who was 2 levels ahead of Illaoi at that point. I told our Illaoi player that I couldn’t come to help again until after I had some armor. They said they understood. Cool.

But the rest of our lanes were doing well and so one fed Renekton turned out not to be enough for them.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2016 4:05pm | Report

And I made it in to Silver 2. :-)

Match History

Their Poppy was stomping our Singed. He didn’t know her new kit at all. I tired to talk him through the changes during the middle of the match while doing jungle camps. Despite being pretty far behind, he still made himself a nuisance, which relieved pressure from other areas of the map.

Our other lanes were doing decently and so we were able to rotate around a little and give each other a hand, so we eventually just started out team fighting them and winning sieges.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 1, 2016 4:21pm | Report

Match History

My duo partner queued us up again into another ranked matched before I realized what was up as I wanted to actually take a quick break to savor getting into Silver 2.

Welcome to Silver 2. XD

Vladimir opted into Lulu which my brain said had to be a ****py match-up. It is. Lulu stomped him with a little help from Master Yi here and there. Champion.gg has that match-up as Lulu the 57% favorite. Oy! My duo partner 2nd picked Vayne and got counter picked with Quinn and Sona. I tried to rotate Bot and gank after doing my Red Buff but he and Blitzcrank were already so low that they waved me off the gank attempt. I had to back at that point which put me in the unfortunate position of only having enough gold for Hunter's Talisman and a Health Potion, which is not horrible but it isn’t as good as a completed Stalker's Blade. If I had that we would have picked up a kill on either Lulu and possibly Ekko but they both ended up getting away by the skin of their teeth.

So, every lane was losing. I did what I could but it wasn’t enough. I didn’t feel like I would be able to farm out an Enchantment: Devourer so I went for Enchantment: Warrior instead. It certainly gave me a decent amount of up front damage, which I used to pick up some kills, but by that point, Lulu was so big I couldn’t assassinate people unless they were really low as her Help, Pix! and Wild Growth basically made my target unkillable.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 3, 2016 2:53pm | Report

Match History

Yay points on the board in Silver 2! I've been staying away from ranked while I have a cold, though overall my play in normals has been pretty good.

Supported the person I sometimes duo with. They have moments of brilliance and sometimes moments of WTF. They only had 2 WTF moments that I noticed this game. I suppose many moments of brilliance can look like WTFs if you fail spectacularly. XD

Pantheon kept up a regular stream of ganks Bot lane, which helped get us ahead. I had a good ultimate up near their tower that stymied a counter engage from their team, so we were able to back out relatively unscathed.

Kha'Zix DCd for a while. Not sure if was rage or actual equipment or connection issues as he eventually came back and helped in securing the game.

We crushed them in a team fight and then rotated to take Baron, which was little early IMO, but turned out to be a good call. 2nd Baron. Lee Sin tried to dash in and Wukong Flashed in to try and stop or steal, but I saw them coming so I ulted them both to screw up their intentions. It helped that Orianna was late to the party so we didn’t have to worry about her ulting us in the pit.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2016 12:04pm | Report

Match History

Back and forth but we had the momentum. Thing was it was at the point in the game that either team could have won with a good team fight and a solid push after. Caitlyn go caught out in Mid lane and died. We gathered at our outer Mid tower. It was low so I pinged us off of it, Ryze went in anyway. The rest of us should have let him die but didn’t so we got aced and they cleaned up. The End.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 10, 2016 1:35pm | Report

Match History

Uh yeah. I am going to stay out of ranked for a bit. Things just aren’t clicking. I told the team who I was banning. Told them I was jg, told them that I was picking an AD jungler. Next pick blind picks Xin Zhao. Helped teach Corki how to play the updated Corki (this is becoming a theme) while waiting for minions to spawn. Helped him get ahead by dent of setting up things so he gets a double kill. Then chaos. Like we literally can’t coordinate putting a penny into a coin slot. Some of that is my fault. Just feel like I am off rhythm and their CC didn’t help me find my rhythm as anyone I would go after would just flash away and I would get CCd into oblivion while they walked away with 5 health. Argh.
Predacon
<Member>
Predacon's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2016 9:43am | Report
It always surprises me when someone picks a character they aren't familiar with for ranked, reworks included.

Humble Riven Main
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 11, 2016 12:05pm | Report
Predacon wrote:
It always surprises me when someone picks a character they aren't familiar with for ranked, reworks included.

In this case the person was hovering Lucian and Corki alternatively. I suggested they go with Corki since we needed some magic damage. Of course that was assuming they knew how to play both, which turned out not to be the case. He actually did fine until he started to try to do too much. I think he got ahead and felt compelled to try and carry the game, which put him in some awkward spots.

I'll occasionally try counterpicking if I am vs someone that I don't have a good pick for. Eg all my usual top lane picks have and abysmal win rate against their champion, but this generally doesn't turn out well, because you have to know why the champion you are picking beats the other champion.

It can work if you say jungle Aatrox and end up top vs a Shen. In that case you have a good idea why the champion works and it is a match-up that heavily favors Aatrox.

In this game the enemy top and jg were a husband and wife duo on Skype together, with the wife being Gold. Being able to call in a TP reinforcement in the event of a countegank is a good card to be holding.

Main things where I didn't play well, my team comp didn't synergies that well, and we weren't as organized as the other team. I can only fix one of those things reliably (my play).
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2016 8:02pm | Report

Match History

Picked Shyvana as they were all relatively immobile.

On average we outplayed them early game and were more organized during mid game. Post mid game though we started to be all over the map and it cost us in getting picked off. I put my foot down and said, we get inihibs and then we baron and pinged baron like crazy after we took the inhibit when my team was trying to reengage at half health with the other team having home guard advantage. Fortunately Bard took up the call and started pinging Baron too, so we rolled out just in time to avoid getting caught out by Zyra and Thresh, took Baron, and went all mid together and finished out the game.
VexRoth
<Veteran>
VexRoth's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 20, 2016 9:14pm | Report

Match History

Amumu seemed like a good fit for a comp as we were lacking in magic damage and I thought Wukong and I might be able to get up to some nastiness together.

Our Leona, as is common with the breed by my observation, was a little ham. Despite some questionable positioning and engages on her part we went ahead when they tried to dive us under our inner mid turret while Udyr was off split pushing in Bot lane. Wukong and I got a lovely wombo combo on them which gave us four kills. It was still pretty chaotic thereafter, but with an item advantage and some picks here and there we were able to start winning team fights.

I might start going Randuin's Omen or Dead Man's Plate before Frozen Heart to have some health to go along with my Enchantment: Cinderhulk as I felt a little squishy and died more times in fights than I thought I should, though I tended to last long enough to engage and then peel them off of Ashe so that might be good enough. If I just want to be an engage bot Turbo Chemtank might also be a worthwhile way to get some health.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide