Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100's Quest for Platinum (Season 3)

Creator: Wayne3100 November 25, 2012 4:47pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2013 5:36pm | Report
not a fan of heca, i reckon? =3

Sig made by Hogopogo
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2013 10:50pm | Report
I don't own Hecarim, lol. He's on my wishlist of champs, though I also need 6k IP for Lifesteal Quints and another 7.4k for Hybrid Pen Marks @.@

Whenever I get forced to jungle I have to choose between Cho'Gath or Lee Sin. Can probably still pull off a good Amumu, too, just haven't played him in a while. Should learn Jarvan IV/ Xin Zhao/ Vi, but meh, screw jungling :P

Edit: List of champions in the OP so outdated, lol. Most recent top laners I've been testing, btw: Trundle and Shyvana.

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Luther3000
<Sharpshooter>
Luther3000's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 18, 2013 11:36pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

I also need 6k IP for Lifesteal Quints

i claim full credit for giving you this idea even though it was probably khazem and share your pain
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 1:38am | Report
It was Khazem, but you can haz the credit :3

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Phil15
<Member>
Phil15's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 10:27am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

Should learn Jarvan IV/ Xin Zhao/ Vi, but meh, screw jungling :P

Tbh Jarvan IV and Xin Zhao are fairly easy to learn shouldnt take you long
Joxuu
<Fabulous>
Joxuu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 19, 2013 12:58pm | Report
Just noticed that you're sort of "starting" from Silver I also.
Good luck. Was a lot harder to raise up a division than a tier in gold.

"A person giving you advice isn't perfect and has their own shortcomings but they may give you the piece that you're missing."
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 20, 2013 1:28am | Report
*ran lifesteal quints on ad-carries before it was cool*
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 11:56am | Report

Game 68

Solo Queue

Decided to play MF because she fit the comp I had well (also I bought her Mafia skin during champ select :D). Our Wukong claimed he had a 10 game winning spree, though Elophant told me he had only won 1 game before and lost the 5 games before that. But yeah, whatever, go top if you want it so badly.

I had 60 cs by the time the enemy Tristana had 25 and then she dc'd, so the fact that Wukong gave First Blood and wasn't doing too well in laning phase didn't matter much as I got a lot of cs and some kills, too. Our Akali was initially behind as well, but picked up a triple kill in our first teamfight and snowballed from there. Tristana reconnected but it didn't matter, pretty easy win.

Game 69-71

Duo Queue with TheRedPenguin

After the MF ranked game I played two more normals with her and played really well, so I decided it was time for ranked again and asked TheRedPenguin to duoqueue.

In the first game, I laned against Riven and made a really big mistake by not noticing my Elixir of Fortitude hadn't been activated when I thought it had. I gave her First Blood before realising.
Despite getting back into the game after that because she wasn't warding and Pengu ganked for me a couple of times, we lost in teamfights as the enemy "support" Fizz (wasn't taking cs, but didn't build any support items) ended with a 23-2 score. Yeeeeaaah....

In the second game, I played Irelia v Kayle (wasn't sure what to pick, but figured she should be able to do well) and played a lot better. Probably the best game I played today.
Zyra mid started out badly against Anivia but came back strong late game, while Thresh (Penguin) & Vayne went even in lane against Leona - Caitlyn, which allowed the Vayne to eventually pick up some kills and snowball.

Finally, the last game was probably the weirdest. I agreed to trade Renekton for Ezreal and play AD, but when I asked the guy to swap with me, nothing happened. With about 5 seconds to go, our swap was still unsuccesful and I figured "**** it, I'm gonna have to play this guy", so I tried changing my summoners to Ignite - Flash (rather than Barrier- Flash) and reset my masteries (I only have 1 page which I fill in during champ select), but things didn't really work out so I basically ended up using Barrier and having 0 masteries. Like, none at all.

Game was good though, I won lane vs Malphite because he kept spamming abilities until he went oom and I had Health Regen quints (I actually misclicked the wrong rune page, too, but at least it changed normally) which helped me deal with that quite easily. Pengu came top to dive him a couple of times, avoiding the Diana - Ryze lane he was in completely by simply getting fed in the sidelanes. The Ezreal said he wasn't a good AD player, but he did fine overall and eventually snowballed too. Their Vayne was still pretty strong because of kills she got on our support and jungler, but in teamfights she'd just melt because Penguin would jump on her, gg.

Won the games I deserved to win (based on my own performance), lost the one I thoroughly deserved to lose. Still not sure why the red pot didn't activate, to be fair, but I should not have given First Blood.
Also, Achievement unlocked: Win a ranked game without masteries :D (riotpls)

LP: 76

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 4:50pm | Report

Game 72+73

Duo Queue with TheRedPenguin

I started the Zed game really well and got First Blood on the enemy Fizz I was laning against. A few minutes later, I killed him a second time. As bot lane (Pengu supporting a random Sivir) was losing and top was struggling, I tried helping out but only made matter worse. In top lane their jungle Shen counterganked me with ult, in bot lane my ult on Tristana got screwed up because of her Rocket Jump, after which I ended up somewhere halfway between her and her support ( Taric) rather than next to her and I got Exhausted, Dazzled in tower range and killed. From there the game was pretty much unwinnable, a bit unlucky but at least I learned not to ult a jumping Trist again. Didn't play too well either so w/e.

Second game I played Trundle top and despite being only slightly ahead of Jarvan IV (I had a ~30 cs lead throughout the laning phase), it was obvious that I was winning trades with him (rushed Randuin's Omen because they also had a Xin Zhao jungle and ofc an ADC).
Penguin was meanwhile again trying to avoid his lane ( Diana vs Mordekaiser) as much as possible and focused on getting bot fed, which worked out rather well as our Lulu - Draven won the lane. The enemy Mordekaiser was still a huge force to be reckoned with (getting some kills bot lane as well), but overall we were ahead and we won the first few fights convincingly (I ran in and tanked everything, Pengu and the Draven dealt the damages while Lulu kept us all alive) and then snowballed to victory. Man I love Trundle top.

Also we were both laning against Gold III's that last game and did pretty well (Penguin was actually able to 1v1 Morde after he got some kills).

LP: 80

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2013 6:31pm | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:
The enemy Mordekaiser was still a huge force to be reckoned with (getting some kills bot lane as well)

Pheyniex's jungling rule of thumb: camp Mordekaiser early. =3

sad some people don't realize it.

gl on other games, for both if you keep duo'ing.

Sig made by Tamy

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide