Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100's Quest for Platinum (Season 3)

Creator: Wayne3100 November 25, 2012 4:47pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 3:21pm | Report
PsiGuard wrote:

1. If your MMR is higher than your current rank, your LP gains will increase and losses will decrease in magnitude. This might explain a bit why you're facing higher ranked opponents.

I'd love to believe it is, but then I wouldn't have needed so many games to 'fix' my MMR when I was trying to reach gold, right? :|

I dunno, for a system that is trying to be "predictable" when it comes to LP gains (aka a system that makes it possible or even easy to determine one's MMR) it's pretty damn confusing at times. I didn't realise duoing influenced the rating that much though, that's a bit absurd.

But like I said, I suppose it's good practice at least.

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 27, 2013 3:40pm | Report
Nothing is predictable when information is being hidden from you. Either way, just play with the flow. If you play consistently well, MMR or LP gains shouldn't matter. Enjoy yourself.

Sig made by Tamy
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 8:36am | Report

Game 115+116

Duo Queue with DiscipleD (GMD's smurf)

First game we got trolled by a guy who wanted to pick Teemo or Aatrox only. Our captain banned Teemo (as shown on this image), then the enemy team banned Aatrox and the guy trolled by picking Heimerdinger when we already had a mid. Not much to say, started out really well and outfarmed Tristana by a lot early, but ganks from their jungle Evelynn decided the lane.

Second game top and support were open so I went top as Zac while GMD supported a random as support Morgana. All lanes did pretty well, especially bot and top, as we both snowballed pretty hard. The Kha'Zix I was laning against started pretty aggressive and got me into my passive not long after I escaped from a Malphite gank, but I also had him low and he couldn't kill me because our jungle Xin Zhao was around. After that I killed Kha'Zix a couple of times 1v1, then Malphite tried ganking but I killed Kha again and got away from Malph, and finally Xin Zhao came for a gank cuz.... well, why not :P

I built completely different items than I usually do ( Locket of the Iron Solari + Rylai's Crystal Scepter rather than my usual Sunfire Aegis start) and I still don't know why, but I was pretty far ahead so it worked out just fine.

Lose three games, win one, 27 LP. Flawless logic once again.

LP: 27

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 8:43am | Report
You should try playing a solo queue game if you want to try and determine what your mmr is.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 28, 2013 3:26pm | Report
^ I get what you're saying, and yes, I agree that playing alone would make it easier for me to determine my MMR based on my teammates and how high I get placed in the picking order, but at the same time, I should still be somewhat able to determine my MMR while duoqueueing and LP gains should still be predictable. Sure, GMD and I always end up as 4th and 5th pick (as gold III and gold V, with high gold teammates and enemies), but LP gains aren't influenced by duoing at all and based solely on my rating and the ratings of the people I play with / beat or lose to.

I'm just saying though, if I would've won a game and then lost three I wouldn't have 27 LP. Now, because I lost first and then won, I do. Meanwhile, the difference in terms of MMR is minimal, if there's a difference at all. It's just dumb :P

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 29, 2013 3:35pm | Report

Game 117

Duo Queue with TheRedPenguin

Third time I laned against a Vayne top as Zac and the hardest time I've had against her so far. The fact that both her auto attack and Zac's Stretching Strikes have a 550 range sounds cool, but there's still a slight difference between them as ability range is calculated from the center of a champion while auto attack range is calculated from the edge of a champ. As a result, Vayne often hits her auto while Zac misses his Q :(

Anyway, my cs was atrocious - as is too often the case on Zac - but the game itself went rather well. Vayne forced me into my passive early on but suicided to the tower as our jungle Evelynn came to finish her off (so I got the kill :3) and after that I was able to deal with her. I also got a lot of kills in early teamfights, which allowed me to snowball and become incredibly tanky while still dealing good damage because of Zac's base damages and Sunfire Aegis.

The enemy Kassadin mid did get kinda fed early (which of course is worrying), but in the end it didn't matter much as both other lanes were ahead (Pengu played Draven bot with a random Jarvan IV vs Ezreal - Janna) and our teamfighting comp was a lot better, gg.

LP: 54

As for my MMR, all I know is I was first pick and we had a gold IV teammate + two silver I's who were at 100 points. Enemies were gold III, gold III, silver I, silver I and silver I.

Sooo.. higher than gold IV means it's good, I suppose? Iunno, so far I haven't had any negative signs apart from how long it took me to qualify for gold promos :P

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 30, 2013 4:13pm | Report

Game 118-122

First, I played a really good game as Orianna against a plat V Ahri (though his MMR may've been lower), but we lost due to some bad positioning in several teamfights in a row. I then picked it back up by playing a game of Zac top in which I beat an Elise rather easily.

Knowing that one win might let me reach my promotional series (as I was at 74 LP after those two games), I randomly decided to pick Draven in the champion select of the next game. Although I did reasonable in lane, I played absolutely atrocious after that, as I lost any sort of map awareness because I was so focused on catching his axes. Not doing that again.

Anyway, I was forced to jungle the game after and Jarvan IV was banned, so I decided to try Zac's jungle and I have to say I like it a lot. The enemy team had a jungle main on Hecarim, so I figured I'd have a tough time, but our Renekton top was doing really well against Jayce and that allowed me to completely focus on other lanes and go for the occasional counterjungle attempt (in the end, I got the enemy blue buff twice and stole wraiths a couple of times). The end result of all this was a pretty damn good game. Zac's ganks when maxing E are so scary, lol.

Finally, after having to top and seeing the enemy team pick Renekton, I decided to see if my Kennen is still any good and this happened:

LP: 100

Gaining a lot more LP than I'm losing (-13, +33, -14, +35, qualified for promotionals), hoping I can skip a division.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 10, 2013 11:42pm | Report
Forgot to update this yesterday, but basically I played the first game of the promos (duo with GMD's smurf again) because I'm leaving for 2 weeks today (couple of hours from now) and I wanted to make sure I won't decay by the time I get back.

Ended 5-1-6 as Elise, made a pretty dumb mistake vs Singed in lane after killing him with the help of Udyr, after which he got a lead on me in cs since I hadn't played Elise in a while and I needed some time to get used to her auto attack again.

Our Lux struggled to hit any of her skillshots, but luckily GMD had a very good game on Thresh and he landed a lot of good hooks, which made teamfights significantly easier for us as we picked up lots of objectives and eventually won the game. I played a lot better in teamfights than in lane too, assassinating some key targets after jumping on them in spider form. GMD had a 8-2 score at the end and pretty much carried it :P

SCORE: 1-0

I'll still be around on Mobafire since I'll have internet during my holiday, but I'm not expecting anything to happen in terms of ranked play until I get back ;)

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 8:24am | Report

Game 124

There's some weird visual bug which is why it's not showing that I'm 1-1 my series now, but yeah, this one's going down to the wire. Never played against such a passive Jarvan IV before :|

Things were looking good for our team when both Ryze and myself were pretty fed mid game (I didn't kill J4 in lane but did outfarm him and got his tower --> yes, I know, based on the screenshot you wouldn't say so :P), but we gave them a free Baron because it wasn't warded and they forced us back after that. Then our Caitlyn got hit by Nidalee spears every time before we were able to engage and the game slowly shifted. They eventually got another Baron or two and won the game, well played by them but frustrating for our team, because it looked like we were strong enough to deal with them, but we just couldn't with Nidalee hitting all her spears / Cait not dodging them.

SCORE: 1-1

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 30, 2013 9:37am | Report

Game 125

QQ :(

I feel sorry for GMD, both solo lanes asked for help after only 2 minutes, lol. With his help, Nautilus eventually ended 2-0 in lane (though he was still behind in cs), but as you can see that didn't set him up for anything great in teamfights. Varus played really well and we controlled the bot lane, but it just wasn't enough to win in teamfights. Ezreal also got a triple kill in one of the first teamfights to get back in the game.

Despite laning against a "Diamond V" Karma (never know what the actual MMR is) and Plat V Jayce main, I have to say I wouldn't be surprised if our solo laners bought these accounts :P

SCORE: 1-2

LP: 90

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide