Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

What champ to play to get 1500+?

Creator: TopsyCrets October 22, 2012 10:30pm
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2012 10:17am | Report
Wintermond wrote:

Your best champ

This, 100%
+medal
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
throatslasher
<Member>
throatslasher's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2012 10:19am | Report
You guys think there's some crazy formula for winning, or use **** websites to do all your thinking for you. Just main a champ that doesn't get banned and has very few counters. my mains for each role are nid top, morgana mid, amumu/mundo jungle, sona/blitz, and any adc. It's about picking the champion that you feel brings a lot of utility to any team, and then mastering them. I'm not saying you can't get a lot of stuff done with underpowered champs, but a lot of champs that don't see play are unpopular because they don't pack a lot of utility.
BOW DOWNBOW DOWN
Alahric
<Ancient Member>
Alahric's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 25, 2012 2:44pm | Report
^i.e Just play better.

There is a crazy formula to winning, it's called the meta game. If you believe that you can pick Amumu, Morgana, Nidalee and Sona / Blitzcrank all the time you don't understand 1) Synergies, 2) the process of picks and bans at all. You have to counter the opposition, otherwise you will get countered by smart players. This is why people who main a particular role often try to expand the number of champions they are able to play competetively with.

Throatslaher is a very good player, and that's just it. If you don't have skill like him, you will probably not raise in rank, and I doubt that's why you're asking. There are other ways to help you get there, like understanding the game mechanics (ward, ward, ward), expanding the number of counters and synergies you know, and having a strategy and teamplay.

Skill is just one factor out of many, but is key to put the other factors into practise.
As a support, I can tell you most of it is simply knowing what to do and adapt.
Mathmos3
<Member>
Mathmos3's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 2:43am | Report
Just go ADCs all the way, and you can carry around 2 bad allies with 2 other competent players. Mid also works, but most mids can't carry as hard as an ADC can late game. Don't go jungle or support if you actually find that all your allies in most of the games you play are bad because they require good teammates. Only go top if its someone that can hard carry their team, such as Jax.
Signature by TinyStar

Check it out here! And if you like it, why not rep+? Quinn guide coming soon.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 2:44am | Report
Mathmos3 wrote:

Just go ADCs all the way, and you can carry around 2 bad allies with 2 other competent players. Mid also works, but most mids can't carry as hard as an ADC can late game. Don't go jungle or support if you actually find that all your allies in most of the games you play are bad because they require good teammates. Only go top if its someone that can hard carry their team, such as Jax.

ADC's are a terrible pick for soloq. You rely on your lane partner and enemies can screw you up big time. Mid and jungle give you the most map control and great early- and mid-game presence. Burst casters work incredible.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 2:49am | Report

You guys think there's some crazy formula for winning, or use **** websites to do all your thinking for you. Just main a champ that doesn't get banned and has very few counters. my mains for each role are nid top, morgana mid, amumu/mundo jungle, sona/blitz, and any adc. It's about picking the champion that you feel brings a lot of utility to any team, and then mastering them. I'm not saying you can't get a lot of stuff done with underpowered champs, but a lot of champs that don't see play are unpopular because they don't pack a lot of utility.

My champ was and is Xerath. I support this idea entirely.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 3:38am | Report

ADC's are a terrible pick for soloq. You rely on your lane partner and enemies can screw you up big time. Mid and jungle give you the most map control and great early- and mid-game presence. Burst casters work incredible.

NO >:C

That's only for low elo

Also at low elo it's really just best to main a champ.

People all talk about counters picks blah blah blah in reality the mistakes people make at low elo are so frequent that picks don't even matter.

1trickponies are probably the ones who climb elo the quickest and adapt on from there when they reach high elo.
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 4:20am | Report
botlane synnergy is very important and can make a lot go wrong. unless you just raher wait for a gank and go full stomp

Sig made by elenah
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 6:35pm | Report
what's an alahric

And no GMD, ADcs are a terrible pick for soloq for YOU

other people get up 100s of elo in days from playing ad

others get up super quick from playing support

just play what you are best at and there you go

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2012 6:49pm | Report
WTF ALAHRIC. WTF.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide