Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 300 of 431
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 7:20pm | Report
MungoGeri wrote:
One benefit of a Runaan's Hurricane build is that if you include a Black Cleaver in your build, you can shred the armor of multiple targets, which will help all physical damage dealers on the team.

Unless you're Urgot I see no reason to include a Black Cleaver in the build to begin with. Also there were a handful of champs that used Runaan's Hurricane last season and it's only been buffed since then. Just play one of them if you want to use it.

Basically MOBAFire.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 7:49pm | Report

Unless you're Urgot I see no reason to include a Black Cleaver in the build to begin with. Also there were a handful of champs that used Runaan's Hurricane last season and it's only been buffed since then. Just play one of them if you want to use it.

In the case of Kalista, it's a nerf.
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 21, 2015 8:36pm | Report

None of her problems got fixed and I cannot say anything got improved. I suppose there's more burst, but she lost the blind, and for bot lane, I don't think that trade is any good. For top, however, she might be solid, if the meta permits this.

I agree with this. Because she lost the blind, I don't think she will be able to trade successfully in bot lane. I think she will be viable in other lanes, like top. And I just felt that Quinn can also be viable in mid because of her assassin-esque kit.
Thanks to Ninja Trigger for the sig!

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 7:04am | Report
Did anyone else of you see the rise of Taric top? I feel like this could be because of the overbuffed Iceborn Gauntlet and overused ad-champs.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 7:51am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Did anyone else of you see the rise of Taric top? I feel like this could be because of the overbuffed Iceborn Gauntlet and overused ad-champs.

Dude, I am the ONLY person alive who plays Taric top seriously. I guarantee it. I was so bored once, that I went full AS Taric and ended up 13/7/.. But although armor stacking is strong, I don't think he is that viable top lane. Unless people underestimate the power of gems, then he's ok, lol (joke, he's still bad up there).
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 8:05am | Report
Re4XN wrote:

Dude, I am the ONLY person alive who plays Taric top seriously. I guarantee it. I was so bored once, that I went full AS Taric and ended up 13/7/.. But although armor stacking is strong, I don't think he is that viable top lane. Unless people underestimate the power of gems, then he's ok, lol (joke, he's still bad up there).

Nah, I saw some Tarics dominate some PBE games. I think he's underestimated, but yes I think his strength comes from the heavy AD team comps at the moment.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 8:34am | Report
I think another reason is Grasp of the Undying combined with his heal and Spirit Visage makes him basically unkillable, especially vs high ad teams.
He is gonna kill you!!!
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 8:47am | Report
Re4XN wrote:

Someone who mains a garbage champion, yet still realised the champion is garbage; I think hell must've frozen over (Don't anyone dare to make a Dante's Divine Comedy reference here, I have the book too).

MungoGeri wrote:

Nah, I saw some Tarics dominate some PBE games. I think he's underestimated, but yes I think his strength comes from the heavy AD team comps at the moment.

Since when is PBE a measure for anything?! That's even worse than pointing at your own ranked games.

NicknameMy wrote:
I think another reason is Grasp of the Undying combined with his heal and Spirit Visage makes him basically unkillable, especially vs high ad teams.

TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 8:54am | Report

Someone who mains a garbage champion, yet still realised the champion is garbage; I think hell must've frozen over (Don't anyone dare to make a Dante's Divine Comedy reference here, I have the book too).

Then I should start calling it heaven! (Crystal Maiden pun)
Thanks to MissMaw for the sig!
Sticks and stones may break my bones, b*tch you can't phase me.
Ranked Misadventures
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 9:54am | Report
Since when is PBE a measure for anything?! That's even worse than pointing at your own ranked games.

You appear to be someone solely focused on min/maxing. That is, all that matters to you is what champion and build is strongest so that you can climb the ranked ladder. Your fun is measured by the achievement of how high you have climbed in the rankings. This is a perfectly valid way to enjoy the game. You have an "achiever" gamer personality type.

However, there are "explorer" gamer personality types that enjoy messing around in games in non-min/maxed ways. In League of Legends, they might intentionally play champions that most players think are weak or "garbage" and see if there's a way they can make them work well enough to surprise other players. My comment regarding my experience on the PBE was saying that other players who played Taric surprised me and other players by just how strong he was in the new patch. With their armor stacking builds, they were making mincemeat of the AD heavy team comps they were playing against and the armor aura was amazingly strong for the team. Now, would I recommend that someone like you start playing Taric in order to climb the ranked ladder to the highest levels of the game? No, of course not. However, if you have a personality type that enjoys playing off-meta characters and surprising people just for fun, then Taric is a good option in this patch. The new masteries and AD heavy team comps have enabled Taric to become relatively stronger in a way that will likely surprise people.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide