Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 302 of 431
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 3:07pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Simply Warrior because games end early and early tankyness isn't as important as damage.

Even if you need tankyness afterwards, ad+hp items are still strong, especially the buffed Frozen Mallet.

If you go Enchantment: Cinderhulk, you should also get Grasp of the Undying.

BTW: Get Heal on support now, Exhaust on ADC.

MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 3:29pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
BTW: Get Heal on support now, Exhaust on ADC.

This might be the first time I agree with GrandmasterD, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Can you elaborate on why you think this is the case?

Regarding cinderhulk or warrior on Rek'Sai, I would tend to go with cinderhulk, but it's largely dependent on the style of play you're going for and how you plan to build the rest of your items.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 3:33pm | Report
MungoGeri wrote:

This might be the first time I agree with GrandmasterD, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Can you elaborate on why you think this is the case?

This is a good enough strategy if, and only if, the support is one who takes the mastery which increases all healing done. Otherwise, there's no point to it, imo.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 3:47pm | Report
If the ADC gets ignited healing himself is reduced, if his support has it healing isn't reduced. Also lategame exhaust blocks over 1k damage if used right, while heal heals for like 300.

Was already used in pro play at german ESL.

You may argue the adc looses his speed boost, but the support can still heal him and give him the speed boost.

(german language)
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 4:38pm | Report
You know, the mastery and ignite cases actually do make this tactic make some sense. Also, I can think of plenty of times where as a support I've been on the opposite side of the ADC from where the most dangerous attacker is (they just came out of stealth or from some unwarded bushes), so I have to spend a precious couple of seconds moving close enough to exhaust that enemy during which time they've already thrown out their main damage combo. If the ADC had exhaust, he or she could've immediately exhausted the attacker and meanwhile I would already have been in range of my ADC to get my heal off. Yeah, I think this makes sense. Now, how to get solo queue players to change their behaviors is the next question.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 4:46pm | Report
MungoGeri wrote:
You know, the mastery and ignite cases actually do make this tactic make some sense. Also, I can think of plenty of times where as a support I've been on the opposite side of the ADC from where the most dangerous attacker is (they just came out of stealth or from some unwarded bushes), so I have to spend a precious couple of seconds moving close enough to exhaust that enemy during which time they've already thrown out their main damage combo. If the ADC had exhaust, he or she could've immediately exhausted the attacker and meanwhile I would already have been in range of my ADC to get my heal off. Yeah, I think this makes sense. Now, how to get solo queue players to change their behaviors is the next question.

Wait for pros to do it on the biggest stages, the only way :D.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 5:04pm | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
If the ADC gets ignited healing himself is reduced, if his support has it healing isn't reduced. Also lategame exhaust blocks over 1k damage if used right, while heal heals for like 300.

Was already used in pro play at german ESL.

You may argue the adc looses his speed boost, but the support can still heal him and give him the speed boost.

I think that's a really crude way of looking at things and overly simplifies the game as a whole:
  • It assumes the support is always with the ADC, which is true depending on what support they are playing. It applies to the laning phase, but not to later stages of the game.
  • Exhaust only targets one person and more often than not doesn't get you out of a sticky situation, unless it's a 1v1 situation.
  • The speed boost cannot be underestimated in its value, and the support may have it, but that harkens back to my first point. Also, Heal doesn't strictly target anyone.

In the end, yes pro players may have some points here, especially with supports generally having access to more summoner cool down reduction, and them having actual communication, but saying that it's strictly better in all cases is ignorant, especially when also speaking of soloq.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 5:31pm | Report
I'm sorry but is this for real:

Grasp of the Undying: every 4 seconds you AA heals you for 3% of your max HP.
Spirit Visage: increases healing from yourself by 20%

So like, at 4000 HP, every 4 seconds, on a tank, I can heal myself for 120 HP + 24 = 144HP. EVERY 4 SECONDS? LATE GAME? Wow this is so broken I don't even. I can heal myself 1/3rd of the damage a full build marksman deals with one AA every 4 seconds provided I can AA someone else. Rito pls.

I'm sure this is a reason to make Taric op indeed, since his AA animation is so terrible it'll feel like you can only AA once every 4 seconds anyway.

(I would apologize for the sarcasm but the "I DISCOVERED THE WHEEL" act got old 2 years ago)

NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 5:37pm | Report
Grasp of the Undying is strongest earlygame where you constantly trade with your enemy. This is also the reason why top laners like Mundo, Trundle or even Volibear rise atm.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 22, 2015 5:39pm | Report
Oh you mean when you have 800 hp and you gain 24 HP? I can see it now.

NVM the fact that you said Taric was op coz of that + visage + iceborn gauntlet. I wish my early game started with 2 full items as well.
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide