Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 304 of 431
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2015 1:41pm | Report
holy **** this thread exploded.

taric is good simply because he has point and click stun, does decent damage, and is tanky in a meta where tanks are dominant because last whisper is garbage.

grasp of the undying is insane in lane, and super underrated rn. it can save u lategame, but its really really good earlygame.

thunderlords is definitely insane. that damage is way too high. its getting buffed too, which is absolutely incomprehensible to me.

heal vs exhaust is entirely situational. lets say the other team has leblanc. as an ad carry, you will NEVER EVER get the opportunity to be in optimal exhaust range vs the lb. you have to use it after she has already engaged on you, and chances are you already are chunked significantly. against champs like zed or against other ad carries 1v1 though, the exhaust does give u a better fighting chance as opposed to heal.

you have to take into account that heal gives you movespeed that you sometimes you use to get away from multiple champs or skillshots, even when you are full hp. exhaust does not give you this benefit. it is a purely self peel summoner, which is why heal is more consistent. there are plenty of times in lane where the support gets bursted with ignite too, you don't always have to engage on the adc if you have ample burst, so i dont know where that notion is coming from.

i take different smites every game dependent on the jungle matchupp so i cant really answer that. i almost never ever take trackers in solo queue though. people dont ward heavily, so i can get away with changing to sweeper pretty late, and the warding totem provides enough wards for a while.
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2015 1:51pm | Report
grasp of the undying is insane in lane, and super underrated rn. it can save u lategame, but its really really good earlygame.

Yep, great for trades, but late-game it's just whatever.

thunderlords is definitely insane. that damage is way too high. its getting buffed too, which is absolutely incomprehensible to me.

Yeah, it's bonkers, and that buff, like "'scuse me Riot?"

heal vs exhaust is entirely situational. lets say the other team has leblanc. as an ad carry, you will NEVER EVER get the opportunity to be in optimal exhaust range vs the lb. you have to use it after she has already engaged on you, and chances are you already are chunked significantly. against champs like zed or against other ad carries 1v1 though, the exhaust does give u a better fighting chance as opposed to heal.

"My thoughts exactly."
Swain
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2015 2:07pm | Report
And now I know how that Shen managed to stay in lane for so long under heavy poke pressure. Every Q he gets 3% of his HP back?!
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2015 2:13pm | Report
And now I know how that Shen managed to stay in lane for so long under heavy poke pressure. Every Q he gets 3% of his HP back?!

I'm pretty sure you have to auto in order to get health back from Grasp of the Undying. Single target spells won't cut it.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2015 2:20pm | Report
Oh, I see. Thanks for the info!

Then I guess I'm all out of excuses ^^'
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2015 2:31pm | Report
taric is good simply because he has point and click stun, does decent damage, and is tanky in a meta where tanks are dominant because last whisper is garbage.

H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 23, 2015 9:04pm | Report
shen just has insane sustain.

learned a lot from the lan this weekend, going to update soon.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2015 7:07am | Report
Which would you think is the best final mastery for Garen if you wanna go offensive? Deathfire Touch or Thunderlord's Decree ? And if Thunderlord's Decree , would be penetration or CDR better?
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2015 7:09am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
Which would you think is the best final mastery for Garen if you wanna go offensive? Deathfire Touch or Thunderlord's Decree ? And if Thunderlord's Decree , would be penetration or CDR better?

Pretty sure he does fine with Fervor of Battle. But if I had to choose between those two, Decree and the CDR overcapping (Black Cleaver, CDR boots/or another CDR item and 10% CDR from runes)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 24, 2015 7:32am | Report
Why Fervor? It only procs on auto-attacking and Garen doesn't really AA that much, or does your Garen build somehow Phantom Dancer?

Also, some math at which point Deathfire Touch exceeds Thunderlord's Decree .

Thunderlord's Decree damage per second: 0.5-9 + 1% of bonus AD + 0.5% of AP.
Deathfire Touch damage per second: 2 + 16.66% of bonus AD + 6.66% of bonus AP

So if you can constantly proc damage, Deathfire Touch is definitly stronger.

Now, how long has Deathfire Touch to run in order to beat Thunderlord's Decree per 20 seconds.

For the base damage: 5-90 seconds

For the AD: 1.2 seconds

For the AP: 1.5 seconds

So if you have a decent amount of AP or AD, Deathfire Touch is ALWAYS better than Thunderlord's Decree , even if you just proc it once (even on AoE). Only if you have no damage items at all Thunderlord's Decree is better than Deathfire Touch .

My Garen has with Black Cleaver and Death's Dance a good amount of bonus AD, same goes for early with AD runes. So, welp.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide