Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Am I the only one that is getting tired of...

Creator: Vynertje August 25, 2013 4:32am
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pheyniex
<Member>
Pheyniex's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 5:50am | Report
Not answering to comments when an argument leaves space to imagination is a bit off Mobafire's philosophy, imo. I think the site should safeguard that aspect.

Sig made by elenah
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 7:43am | Report
Embracing wrote:

They could be BETTER but why in the world would you NOT want this??

Some champions have horrible guides already and these help to accommodate for a few

The reason I don't, is because it feels like a sell-out. The guides are cheaply made, not really being updated, the authors are not answering that much questions. Not only that, they only cover the basics and 70% of the first guide could be directly copied into the next.

And yes, some champs have horrible guides, but some don't as well, and for the authors of those good builds it is really not helping them. As some others said, usually the user-written guides have more useful content than some of the pro guides.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 7:50am | Report
Quoted:
70% of the first guide could be directly copied into the next.

And that is why I don't like the pro guides much
Thanks to GrandmasterD for the sig!
Meiyjhe
<Member>
Meiyjhe's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 7:58am | Report
So... are you either suggesting to stop the whole "special guest" thing, or are you just saying that the special guests shouldn't have any privileges?

Or am I completely missing your point? :P
Change is gooooood
Picture by: Hogopogo
Want to advertise your guide, but don't know where? Click here for an opportunity of a lifetime!
DarkPercy
<Member>
DarkPercy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 8:04am | Report
Honestly some of these guides don't even get any attention. I've seen some '' OMG CHALLENGER X CHAMPION GUIDE'' guides get a 60% rating 2-3 months after they were released...

You can still release your guide and it'll probably do fine

Thanks to TinyStar for the sig :3
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 8:08am | Report
Quoted:
So... are you either suggesting to stop the whole "special guest" thing, or are you just saying that the special guests shouldn't have any privileges?

Or am I completely missing your point? :P

I'm saying that if special guests get paid then they shouldn't do a half***ed jobs on their guides (copy pasting most of the content)

Idk about Vyn though :3
Thanks to Koksei for the sig!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 8:09am | Report
The way I look at it, the special guests make a great guide for the time period they create it. They dont spend very long on it and it isnt very flashy, but its got great info (even being short guides) and generally they have great builds.

Obviously, they dont really care to update usually, but sometimes the champions fall out of favor, like Volibear. Why would Yoda update that at this point? And as Percy as pointed out, yea, these guides barely get any attention, likely because most people know the special guest author will rarely be around to answer their questions.

I think we should just remove the voting system from guest guides and make them more of a spectacle, because that's really all they are.
XeresAce
<Member>
XeresAce's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 8:12am | Report
Quoted:
make them more of a spectacle, because that's really all they are.

HalfWHAT THE ACTUAL **** OMG I MEANT HAVE all of my +rep
Vynertje
<Guide Critic>
Vynertje's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 8:16am | Report
XeresAce wrote:

I'm saying that if special guests get paid then they shouldn't do a half***ed jobs on their guides (copy pasting most of the content)

Idk about Vyn though :3

Exactly. If you get paid to make guides, you should make good guides. And that cannot go along with uploading a guide every 3 days. A good guide should be in-depth, have good explanation for everything and be noob-friendly while still giving good information for better players as well.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep August 25, 2013 8:18am | Report
It's true. People read guides for different reasons. For instance out of the three "top Thresh guides, people will go to mine or ClearDays guides first because they know we answer questions and are active on the site.

They'll go to the guest Thresh guide simply to read a challenger guide and that's the end of it. They get a few minutes of knowledge and entertainment from it, and then it's gone, because it won't be updated. Therefor, guest guides should be somewhat of just a special thing to see, rather then trying to hold them up against other guidewriters.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide