Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Irelia Guide Announcement

Creator: Restrictnine#5232 March 30, 2011 4:54pm
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2011 7:34pm | Report
Jet wrote:

lol it's almost as if 1 v 1 builds matter

triforce best item on irelia, there's no argument to be had, she benefits from all features of it, all the stats benefit her and the passives are 2 gud

already know your build is going to be bad because you don't get irelias core item

gud day sir

I agree and disagree with this.

I agree that you need triforce. It is like triforce on poppy, a must have.

But I don't think it would be DRASTICALLY TERRIBLE without it, as much as it would be with, say, Poppy. It just wouldn't be...great.

:P

this is just my spare change :)

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2011 7:38pm | Report
it's a lot better than madreds bloodrazor, which i've heard he uses

triforce doubles your Q damage (almost), gives you amazing damage, boosts your E's damage slightly, your ult heal slightly, and you almlost always have triforce procs up in teamfights.

any build without triforce is going to be considerably weaker compared to a build with triforce, there is no argument over that. we're talking about 1/2 damage output per second.
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2011 7:46pm | Report
I like Tank Irelia..

Cloth Armor 5 health pots to start..
then build heart of gold.

Triforce, Merc Treads, FoN, Spirit Visage, Randuin's, Guardian Angel or Ghostblade.

I max E first, then W, and lastly Q. Also I hardly ever last hit with Q (just use AAs) like most beginning Irelia players, it may seem advantageous because of the reduced mana cost, but it still costs mana. You need every bit of mana when a fight breaks out and I hate Irelia players that can't teamfight midgame because they're oom.
jdubea
<Member>
jdubea's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2011 7:48pm | Report
>.< Just as I was about to write my Irelia guide... I love your Udyr guide though, so I imagine this one will be just as amazing.
Who dat talkin' 'bout beatin' dem Saints?

Anivia - Nunu - Shaco - Nasus - Corki
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2011 7:49pm | Report
PFP wrote:

I like Tank Irelia..

Cloth Armor 5 health pots to start..
then build heart of gold.

Triforce, Merc Treads, FoN, Randuin's, Guardian Angel or Ghostblade, Banshee's Veil.

I max E first, then W, and lastly Q. Also I hardly ever last hit with Q (just use AAs) like most beginning Irelia players, it may seem advantageous because of the reduced mana cost, but it still costs mana. You need every bit of mana when a fight breaks out and I hate Irelia players that can't teamfight midgame because they dont have enough mana.

this is what i'm saying

you can build watever da fak u want on irelia

but triforce is her core

you NEED it

you can build additional damage, tank, AP, whatever, you just NEED triforce

the fact he doesn't get it is like throwing away the main part of irelia. almost all of her damage and utility comes from triforce, and that's all you really need to wreck face.

which reminds me: who the hell maxes Q first on irelia? l0l
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2011 7:52pm | Report
Jet wrote:

it's a lot better than madreds bloodrazor, which i've heard he uses

triforce doubles your Q damage (almost), gives you amazing damage, boosts your E's damage slightly, your ult heal slightly, and you almlost always have triforce procs up in teamfights.

any build without triforce is going to be considerably weaker compared to a build with triforce, there is no argument over that. we're talking about 1/2 damage output per second.

This.

Jet wrote:

this is what i'm saying

you can build watever da fak u want on irelia

but triforce is her core

you NEED it

you can build additional damage, tank, AP, whatever, you just NEED triforce

the fact he doesn't get it is like throwing away the main part of irelia. almost all of her damage and utility comes from triforce, and that's all you really need to wreck face.

which reminds me: who the hell maxes Q first on irelia? l0l

And this.

Couldn't have said it better.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
PFP
<Member>
PFP's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2011 7:52pm | Report
I've seen alot of people get Q first because they just spam it all day and last hit everything.. it's really sad. But yeah I think TriForce is needed on her. However I will wait to see what combination Restrictnine comes up with to see if it works.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2011 8:00pm | Report
You only need one in Q because the mana refund is the same.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Xaioli
<Veteran>
Xaioli's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 30, 2011 8:15pm | Report
If you can't say anything better than Jet, you don't speak English. Jet speaks in half sentences. Derp

but in all seriousness, triforce can go one way or another IMO. Just wait for his guide to publish, and we'll find out if he decided to change it, or
at least hear out his reasoning.
New way of building Irelia Inc!

HeAt
<Veteran>
HeAt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 31, 2011 10:44am | Report
Jet is ignorant for assuming he could sum up a build, but is correct in the triforce approach. Idk my irelia build could use some work but it's a good start.
Everybody! Don't Forget To Check out Some of My Beatboxing @ www.youtube.com/heatbbx and give me that +rep if i helped you out :)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide