Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

MOBAFire Inhouses (Come Play!)

Creator: Mowen March 10, 2014 4:56pm
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2014 5:39pm | Report
200 is kind of a floor that we set in place because we found that if someone has fewer games than that played, they are inexperienced with the PvP mechanics; They would frequently get stomped so hard that they may not enjoy it. We're not trying to be exclusive, or anything like that - there is reasoning behind that rule.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
The_Nameless_Bard
<Ancient Member>
The_Nameless_Bard's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 29, 2014 9:08pm | Report
13 wins if you count Hexakill
Hexakill wouldn't count for normal wins as it's a temporary game mode anyways. The game mode is totally unrelated to PvP summoner's rift.

The previous comments stand: this has nothing to do with being exclusive, this has to do with properly balancing people so no one feels like they have no chance of winning or even doing well. The pre-level 30 rule is, as far as I can tell (someone correct me if I'm wrong), more related to experienced players playing on lower level accounts than actual pre-level 30 players. Most actual lower level players don't even have 100 total games by the time they reach level 30 anymore, let alone 200 wins.

If you like, add pianississimo (my smurf). We can play together some and I'll tell you what I think.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 5:55am | Report
If we make someone inexperienced go 0/10 at 8 minutes we're clearly ignoring the "don't be an ******* to lower elos" clause :>

I don't mind going against lower elo players without feeling the need to violate them. The problem remains that you might be too inexperienced for teamfights and so on, but Inhouses supposedly have a side "join and learn with us" side
RinaNichole
<Member>
RinaNichole's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 1:34pm | Report
FalseoGod wrote:
The problem remains that you might be too inexperienced for teamfights and so on, but Inhouses supposedly have a side "join and learn with us" side

That right there is exactly my point, though. The people who need the learning the most are the ones without all those wins who are struggling. Where's the inhouses for the lower skilled players to learn together? Like someone else said, most people who play these inhouses are gold+, and from my knowledge, those aren't the people who really need the learning experience. Skill sharpening? Sure. Small tips? Absoultely. But the actual learning is more for newbies that can't get it here or the mentor board, as the mentor board requires you to be level 30 as well.

It feels very outcasting to say the least.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 2:41pm | Report
The first time I participated in (EUW) inhouses(a year ago?) I was Silver V or something. I had a hard time on the winning aspect but it was fun (read: I got rekked so hard everything hurt but it's always fun to see something like AP Tristana actually work for the first time). Back then some people that are now diamond were around platinum I guess. I'm in Silver 1 now and, while I'm still the scrublord of the team, I don't feel as helpless anymore and I really enjoy myself. I wrote a whole post with all sorts of arguments and stuff like I usually waste my time, but then I realized you're on NA and those inhouses are probably different from those on EUW.

If you're in doubt maybe you can spectate an inhouse game and see for yourself. Or use the wisdom of this old fool or something catchy like that.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
utopus
<Veteran>
utopus's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 2:48pm | Report
The whole level 30 requirement is put in place so that you know enough about the game so that we would be tutoring you on a champion - not teaching you. A subtle, yet significant difference there.

The level 30 requirement is also in place so that our tutors would only get serious requests, from people who are really truly interested in improving their skills. When people don't take our mentoring seriously, it's really offensive to tutors, as they have taken time out of their schedule to help you learn.

You are probably one of the few people that stand as an exception to this. You've demonstrated that you're serious enough to really benefit from mentoring; If none of the mentors on the mentoring subforum are willing to assist you, and you play on NA, send me a friend request (IGN: Keanu Reeves), and i'll do what I can to help you improve.
If I helped you out, be sure to throw me a +Rep!
-

My Soraka Guide | My Review Service

Thanks a lot for the sig, jhoi! :)
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 4:17pm | Report
Inhouses are for fun and just general learning experience. It's not something, I, for example, see as a competition. Join and have fun.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 4:50pm | Report
The people who need the learning the most are the ones without all those wins who are struggling. Where's the inhouses for the lower skilled players to learn together?

If 10 or more players of that skill level would sign up, we could organise inhouses for them. As it stands, that's unfortunately not the case (for EUW, anyway). As said before, players won't learn much (if anything at all) from losing to someone who is far more experienced playing this game.

Also, where does it say the mentors in the New Player Help subforum only mentor players who are level 30? Am I missing something? :|

Thanks to Hoppermh for the signature!
RinaNichole
<Member>
RinaNichole's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 30, 2014 6:11pm | Report
Inhouses are for fun and just general learning experience. It's not something, I, for example, see as a competition. Join and have fun.

That's the impression I got from the thread title, but apparently there are requirements that they don't make openly known. I wanted to join for the fun and for the learning, figuring I could hop in the raffles to get RP I can't afford with college sapping on my leisure money and such. I don't see a lot of League aspects as a competition other than ranked games as a competition. It's a game. Games are meant to be something to let you have fun.

Wayne3100 wrote:
Also, where does it say the mentors in the New Player Help subforum only mentor players who are level 30? Am I missing something? :|

If you wanna go look in the actual thread, you can see it. I tried signing up when I was around level 20 to get some mentoring, listed out a few paragraphs on everything I know I needed to improve on, so it's not like I didn't know what I was doing, but I got told to come back at level 30 because it was pointless to teach me at the level I was at.
LevasK
<Member>
LevasK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 31, 2014 2:53am | Report
RinaNichole-The 200 game requirement is pretty clear.
As many mentioned before it's merely there to ensure that you have a better experience in the Inhouse games for example not having all runes/masteries available will set you behind in terms of what you can do and playing with a handicap versus players that have an advantage not only in experience, but in raw stats wouldn't be fair to either party.

As for your comments about the mentoring thread Janitsu just suggested that you reach level 30 and it is in no way a rule (I can provide quotes), on top of that Vorcia, utopus, The_Nameless_Bard and now Me (while I normally play on EUNE/EUW I do have 1 account on NA it shares my MOBAFire name) have offered to help you out. so it's quite clear that if you want to improve there are plenty of people willing to help.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide