Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's first Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

So why does nobody play karma ?

Creator: recnib September 2, 2012 12:57am
1 2 3 4 5
recnib
<Member>
recnib's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 12:57am | Report
I've recenty noticed that hardly anybody ever plays Karma and am going to get her to see if i can't do well :P So yeah as the title says, why doesn't anyone play her?
A Chubby Baby
<Veteran>
A Chubby Baby's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 1:06am | Report
because i think there are just better choices out there.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 1:07am | Report
She's hard to play and slightly up. But most cannot play against her so she can wreck anyway!
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
recnib
<Member>
recnib's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 1:08am | Report
Hmmm, fair enough view I suppose, but im still gonna give her a go and see if i can get some decent results
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 1:26am | Report
Having to manage 1 highly important cooldown is a big factor in her not being strong.

Without her Mantra, she only has 1 damaging spell in a 1v1 situation with no minions around. Sure she has the shield its self, but that's only going to block damage, not return anything like Ori's can in a shorter time period.

In the "skill power" department, because she has 6 levels to her skills, they are a lot worse than most other skills that only go 5 ranks. Spirit bond gives a 10% MS change at level 1. That's about 3 MS. This doubles to 20% at max rank and 40% with mantra. Again, not much. It is however however highest damaging skill. It's extremely hard to hit with, but it hits hard. She also doesn't have a power spike when she hits 6, 11 or 16 as she doesn't get an ultimate. Viktor gets Chaos Storm for damage and CC, Karthus gets Requiem for global map presence and a finisher and Kassadin gets Riftwalk for mobility and damage.

Moving on, she either relies on blue buff or has to itemize a lot of CDR to keep mantra up in important fights. No mantra, no power.

If you can learn to manage everything, you're gonna have a good time. Otherwise, good luck in lane man.
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 1:27am | Report
Use her as an ap mid to counter burst, and goes great in a team with no heal support like blitz, leona or nunu.
Or pick her as a bursty support together with short range bursty adc like graves or early game Tristana.
Her shield is great on melee tops like jax, irelia, darius etc when they go in you w them, see them go in, mantra-shield them and walk up to enemy team to mantra-wave them. Huge damage and you both shield your initiator and heal them.

Ok scrap Darius from dat if you want real effect. Have a gapcloser like jax, irelia, j4, Lee etc for the engage to be fully effective. If you want full damage on w, make sure they go in on someone in the back and your ray hits the whole enemy team. Karmas highest base damage skill with aoe damage and aoe slow.

She does work wonders bot with Urgot too. But it needs to be against an adc with short range.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 1:32am | Report
Lugi: that's why you don't get into 1v1 situations with no mantra up ;p

But she is far from the strongest pick and only situational. Never go her in a team with soraka for example, cause then her late game strong heal loses some allure

Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 1:39am | Report
Crows foot wrote:

Lugi: that's why you don't get into 1v1 situations with no mantra up ;p

I know that.

But compared to someone like Viktor, Ziggs, ect. Karma needs to be prepared.

Like Heimerdinger. If he's pre-setup, he'll probably win that fight. If he has to set up 2 turrets, he might win as they attack faster. If he has no turret charges, you're gonna lose that fight, sorry.
Crows foot
<Member>
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 2:01am | Report
That is true, never said she was easy.

DillButt64
<Editor>
DillButt64's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 2, 2012 5:00am | Report
i use karma D: a lot
Thanks to TheNamelessBard for the signature
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide