Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

So why does nobody play karma ?

Creator: recnib September 2, 2012 12:57am
wengthemeng
<Member>
wengthemeng's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 2:27am | Report
Karma..

If you want to shield, then play janna.
If you want to heal, play soraka or sona.
Karma has CC;
if you want to slow, play lulu.
If you want to speed up your ADC, play nunu or lulu.
If you want to deal TONS of damage, then play any other AP mid.

IMO.
Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 7:32am | Report

Karma..

If you want to shield, then play janna.
If you want to heal, play soraka or sona.
Karma has CC;
if you want to slow, play lulu.
If you want to speed up your ADC, play nunu or lulu.
If you want to deal TONS of damage, then play any other AP mid.

IMO.
Thing is, this game isn't about numbers only. Karma is fun. Her w is unique and her skillset interesting. And she has probably the strongest shield.

Fact checked up to 400 ap Karmas shield is stronger than Janna, and karma should always build ap. While Janna will only if she goes mid.

Karma has a universal shield. Jannas will feel wasted if not on an adc.

But Jannas shield can be put on turrets though, great advantage.

Just saying that because a champ can be overshadowed in several areas by others doesn't necessarily mean they are bad.

Not that Karma doesn't need a little love, she does, but she isn't as bad as people show her to be.
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
JMastiff
<Member>
JMastiff's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 8:38am | Report
Tanky AP for hard initiantion teams played as solo top preferably. She is underplayed because of kind of stupid skillshot heal, comp reliance and limited build choices.

She is CDR and mana reliant so you want to rush either Frozen Heart (vs AD top) or Chalice>>AUG (vs AP).

Btw it's the only champ that can effectively deny single target farmers due to AoE damage shield.
Sujing
<Member>
Sujing's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 9:29am | Report
I do think there are better choices than Karma but that is only because of her Mantra. It needs some change like making it to 3 or lowering the CD significantly.

Sure you don't need Mantra to use her other skills but let's face it, we all want to use it before we use Heavenly Wave or Soul Shield.

And another thing, I would not play her as a support, but as a solo lane since I would rather get the farm and the AP items. However, yes, other AP mids (never played her top so idk) are considered to have an advantage over Karma because of the points I stated above.
Thanks to koksei for sig!
Check it Out!!!
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 10:04am | Report
Sujing wrote:

And another thing, I would not play her as a support, but as a solo lane since I would rather get the farm and the AP items. However, yes, other AP mids (never played her top so idk) are considered to have an advantage over Karma because of the points I stated above.

She can lane safe against a nice deal of AP mids, but it's hard to kill with her without a jungler. Probably needs a high damage jungler to properly deny enemy AP Carry and feed someone who could use the money just as well as her, or better.
Thank you Byron for 2014's loudest laugh up till today
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 10:07am | Report
Karma is an excelent support, and pretty aggressive

I pick her sometimes, and win of course (I mostly play solo queue). She's the kind of support that can do almost anything, but doesn't excel at anything (kinda hard to understand, but I can't explain that better)

She has a few problems, and together with her difficulty, people just want to pick Sona, Janna, Alistar. But if you are really willing to play as a hard support, choose her, she's awesome
PS: Send me a PM if you are interested in learning more
crossfire
<Member>
crossfire's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 11:10am | Report
Um... Karma Who?
+Rep for a cookie.

Thanks to LaCorpse for the sig.

Don't Click This | Click This
TheJohn
<Editor>
TheJohn's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 4:31pm | Report

crossfire wrote:

Um... Karma Who?

That woman, I think. Played two games especially for this post (the first one at least)
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 4:58pm | Report
I play a pretty decent amount of Karma the only other person on moba who plays Karma frequently is Lugi, or atleast that's the only one I can think of.

I play her strictly as a support but there are a number of things that hold her back

- Extremely CDR dependent, and must itemize for it very quickly
- inconsistent heal
- high base mana costs that increase more rapidly than most characters because she has 6 ranks of each spell and cannot level up an ultimate.
- damage and heal scales with missing health making her a risky pick
- Her heal heals for a % health making it weaker early, but stronger late game
- no real form of CC, Spirit Bond is a pretty weak boost in comparison to other slows or speed buffs (see Nunu & Willump's Blood Boil and Ice Blast or Lulu's Glitterlance). Additionally the damage from it is okay, but very tough to land on anything except minions
- generally just a weaker support early game, which is when you want support to be the strongest

she does have some positives such as she trades well, she can heal/shield more damage than any support in the game at 40% CDR. All in all I just think she's a better late game support than early game, you sacrifice a lot in lane when playing her. You generally need a more aggressive lane support that can carry her early on.

I disagree with the statement that she is farm dependent. She is item dependent, which requires her to run both gold seals and quints as well as the mastery. Additionally she needs to run at least 2 gp/10 items but that delays her CDR. It's kind of the problem right now.
Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Taco limeyjr
<Member>
Taco limeyjr's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 3, 2012 6:14pm | Report
she's not the best support.
Thanks Nameless for the awesome sig =D

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide