Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Top Picks for Dominion

Creator: JunSupport August 20, 2011 6:37pm
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 7:02am | Report
Luther3000 wrote:

Have you ever met Searz? Try playing with him :P.

I always "sound" mad, lulz :3

Draginy
<Member>
Draginy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 8:18am | Report
Our Dominion team is right now: Evelynn, Shaco, Gangplank, Blitzcrank and Rammus. This is a pretty NICE team. We won all games we played together.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 12:16pm | Report
Played Twisted Fate a bit.
Was thoroughly annoyed that after 2 games, I had to start using AD instead of AP. I miss my 'hit-like-bricks' Wild Cards >:[

On the other hand, Destiny + Youmuu's Ghostblade + double Zeal is funny stuff.
Tons of mobility, tons of cc, tons of damage!

Berserker's Greaves + Vampiric Scepter -> The Brutalizer -> Zeal + Youmuu's Ghostblade + Zeal -> Entropy -> Run like a boss / Hit like a beast
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 12:22pm | Report
I think, you have to play Final Yi at Dominion, too. Because Dominion is controlled mainly by off-tanks^^. And because of the high gold gain, Yi can then win the game at the 15+ mark.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 27, 2011 12:25pm | Report
Only if you don't get squished before you get farmed.

I've tried Master Yi. I did alright, but it was exhaustively tedious. Especially since Exhaust is quite popular on the map.

He doesn't require skill - Just Q then E + R.
It's just the timing. You have to be so dam patient, which is very frustrating on Dominion.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 28, 2011 1:39am | Report
Just played a few games as Nunu & Willump

Good clean fun, but I noticed that as the person getting the most assists - My combat score sucks.

Even if I capture a nice amount, my combat score drags me down hard.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 29, 2011 8:21pm | Report
Just tried Ryze in a game.

He's the crème de la crop of tanky dps on Dominion. ^_^
Tear of the Goddess, Odyn's Veil, and Glacial Shroud give him amazing dps, allowing you to build straight defense.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

Urscythe
<Member>
Urscythe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 30, 2011 2:12am | Report
Draginy wrote:

Our Dominion team is right now: Evelynn, Shaco, Gangplank, Blitzcrank and Rammus. This is a pretty NICE team. We won all games we played together.

Agreed, that's a strong setup. I'd recommend dropping Shaco for Karthus, but keep in mind Rammus is very, very often banned, and so is Eve.

Top heroes would be:

Rammus - Very high mobility, Tremor does massive AOE damage for fights on a point, innately tanky. Probably the best poke/roam in the game right now.

Karthus - Defensive monstrosity. Lay Waste can deny captures all day. Defile covers the entire point. Requiem can be used to stop captures anywhere on the map, even with a long cooldown. Once he's dead, he can still keep interrupting captures. Karthus with Revive is extremely scary. Ban him or lose.

Evelyn - Extremely good roam/poke due to stealth. Partly countered by Hextech Sweeper, Lightbringer, and Oracle's Elixir, but she still possesses good burst as well.

Olaf - Start by pumping Reckless Strike and run around three-shotting people with true damage. Finish up as a normal atmog's/atmallet bruiser that's immune to CC.

Alistar - Very good defense. CC combos can stop entire groups from doing anything and get the turret a shot or two in, and his ult functions as a Cleanse and then gives him an enormous amount of DR for several seconds. Build tanky rather than support-y.

Heimerdinger - Also very strong defense. Turrets can be used to continually pressure the enemy bottom, or be used to keep defense on the point. Rockets allow him to easily disrupt captures and he's extremely difficult to kill with melee heroes if he's good with grenades.

You can't go wrong with banning/picking any of the above. They're probably what I'd consider to be the strongest heroes in Dominion right now.

Blitzcrank is a very good poke/roam, and if you pack Revive have fun with a 1000+ movespeed steam golem.

Maokai is an interesting poke/defense - pikmin can be used to push lanes and deny medpacks, and his CC combo isn't any weaker; his ult covers an entire point, which can give your team a substantial advantage when fighting to take one or fighting to defend one.

Vayne's mobility makes her the best ranged AD choice, except for maybe AD Kogmaw. Lots of mobility, lots of walls for her displacement to stun people against, and incredibly high damage output. Kogmaw outclasses her as an AD because of his range - you can artillery strike your team's mid or bot from the spawn staircase, and his post-death kamikaze run can delay captures a little longer.

Shaco is, of course, very effective when played AP. Use boxes to prevent them from stopping your capture, or use boxes to screw with their attempts to attack your bases. Teemo fits here as well - strategic positioning of mushrooms can get kills on medpacks and deny sprint buffs. For best results, combine any two of these three for overlapping hilarity: Maokai, Teemo, Shaco. Taking all three would be very trololol but might not be effective.

Still testing Galio. His ult is marginalized, but his ability to give his team a movement buff and his powerful armor/MR buff aren't to be underestimated. You'd definitely want to build almost pure mage with him - RoA, Abyssal Scepter, Deathcap. Probably use Ionian Boots and cap out your CDR with a Spirit Visage.

Thanks to Jsta for the sig image.
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2011 5:09pm | Report
Akali, haven't lost a single dominion game with her, almost always placing on the top 3 (90% of the time).
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to wRAthoFVuLK for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
JunSupport
<Veteran>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 1, 2011 5:41pm | Report
I haven't had so much luck.

If you climb up the solo-queue ladder a bit, you start meeting people who rush Hextech Sweeper and The Lightbringer

Akali gets crushed hard by teams who do that... e_e

While experimenting with other champion picks, I went and lost like 10 games in a row, so now I'm back down a bit on the ladder.

Turns out I suck with Evelynn
I also fail with Karthus. q_q
Building CDR on Shaco actually hurts more then helps.

Though, I think the biggest problem was that I was playing while my computer was laggy.
It gets bogged down so hard after playing Minecraft for 4 hours - I have to keep viewing distance at "Tiny" D:
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide