Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Top Picks for Dominion

Creator: JunSupport August 20, 2011 6:37pm
Urscythe
<Member>
Urscythe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 7:54am | Report
JunSupport wrote:

AD Shaco and AS Shaco are pitiful compared to a well-played AP Shaco on Dominion...

Dis.

You take Shaco for the utility his boxes provide more than as a damage source. You build AP, place boxes strategically, and occasionally pop up to toss a knife into someone's back.

Thanks to Jsta for the sig image.
Urscythe
<Member>
Urscythe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 9:16am | Report
Kog'maw should definitely be up near the top for ranged picks. I think Vayne is a tad stronger (Vayne has better mobility and is basically a ranged Poppy without the overpowered passive), but Kog's damage is just as nuts and he has excellent range.

I really think they need to take %HP-based damage out of the game entirely... it's just way too damn strong.

JEFFY40HANDS
<Altruistic Artist>
JEFFY40HANDS's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 9:20am | Report
Urscythe wrote:

Kog'maw should definitely be up near the top for ranged picks. I think Vayne is a tad stronger (Vayne has better mobility and is basically a ranged Poppy without the overpowered passive), but Kog's damage is just as nuts and he has excellent range.

I really think they need to take %HP-based damage out of the game entirely... it's just way too damn strong.

Then the stupid meta that's been flying around has no counter...I agree %HP damage is a *****, but it's fine just the way it is. It make stacking Warmogs bad...Otherwise their would be no point in building 200+MR or Armor. You could just get merc treads/QSS/Sunfire and then stack warmogs and never die.....
NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 1:41pm | Report
Actually, at dominion, the only champs which work, are fast tanks, tanky dps and assasins, which have to build also a bit tanky.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 4:21pm | Report
I'm thinking about buying Poppy for Dominion.

She's ridiculously good...

Get a Trinity Force... maybe Hextech Gunblade for sustain...
Black Cleaver is definitely a must...
Going 9/21/0 masteries for epic defenses - Might get an Aegis of the Legion as my only defensive item.

Anyone have any real experience with building AD Poppy?

@NicknameMy:

No, a balanced team is still superior to a full tanky dps because carries can still act as anti-tanks. Kog and Vayne especially.
And some casters have long range that make them more effective for pressuring a point or defending. Lux being one major mention.

The best team would consist of:
1 tank (like Alistar)
2 tanky dps (like lee and jax)
and 2 casters/carries (like karthus and vayne or lux and kog'maw)

Carries and casters are actually best suited for bottom, because it provides the most farm and fastest exp.
Their minion-clearing abilities are also valued more because within every game, someone typically forgets to clear minions, and loses a mid point to them.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
BunkerBob
<Member>
BunkerBob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 9:18pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

I'm thinking about buying Poppy for Dominion.

She's ridiculously good...

Get a Trinity Force... maybe Hextech Gunblade for sustain...
Black Cleaver is definitely a must...
Going 9/21/0 masteries for epic defenses - Might get an Aegis of the Legion as my only defensive item.

Anyone have any real experience with building AD Poppy?

@NicknameMy:

No, a balanced team is still superior to a full tanky dps because carries can still act as anti-tanks. Kog and Vayne especially.
And some casters have long range that make them more effective for pressuring a point or defending. Lux being one major mention.

The best team would consist of:
1 tank (like Alistar)
2 tanky dps (like lee and jax)
and 2 casters/carries (like karthus and vayne or lux and kog'maw)

Carries and casters are actually best suited for bottom, because it provides the most farm and fastest exp.
Their minion-clearing abilities are also valued more because within every game, someone typically forgets to clear minions, and loses a mid point to them.

The scary thing is you really only need the tenacity boots, a trinity force, and at most a black cleaver. After that if you get a warmogs its like a nuclear bomb goes off that just won't die.

All you have to do to snowball as poppy in dominion is a sheen. It is an instant snowball device for the first 3 minutes of the game.
XnMiller
<Member>
XnMiller's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 9:25pm | Report
Just tried Xerath in dominion. I actually quite liked it. Very strong, even if not fast he can disrupt and keep poking, Kinda like a mobile turret with a stun.
BunkerBob
<Member>
BunkerBob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 9:56pm | Report
But the poking bit is all he is good at. I've killed plenty of Xerath's as Twitch without extra resists or health.
Urscythe
<Member>
Urscythe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 10:24pm | Report
BunkerBob wrote:

But the poking bit is all he is good at. I've killed plenty of Xerath's as Twitch without extra resists or health.

He's a new hero. There are a lot of people playing him that frankly aren't very good at ANYONE, much less a new hero.

A good Xerath can be a nightmare. He makes a very strong bot with how easily (and safely!) he can push creeps, and even if you're in his face he can still flatten you. I went opposite him as Maokai with a Negatron Cloak, and even if I warped to him with him at half health, he'd still win a straight fight. If I tried to run, I'd just get gibbed by Arcane Barrage (his spammable AOE ult) for my troubles. Locus of Power combined with the innate magic pen and masteries gives Xerath an obscene amount of magic pen right from the get-go and his long range allows him to poke from relative safety.

A Xerath with Zhonya's and/or Thornmail pretty much laughs at carries. Seriously, buy Zhonya's as Xerath. It's like Abyssal Scepter is for Galio - you double dip so it provides a lot of benefits for its price.

@Jun: Build Poppy either as a melee mage, or as a hybrid. Pure AD is a waste. Buy boots 1 and a Prospector's item to start (either one works well, I personally prefer ring for the MP regen), and then rush a Sheen. Once you get Sheen your Q will hit like a truck - E someone into a wall, Q, and then pop W/Exhaust to chase and finish them with a second Q.

Don't bother with defensive items on Poppy. Her passive is overpowered as hell and completely removes the need for dedicated defensive items on her.

If you're going melee mage route, get some more AP and turn the Sheen into a Lichbane. If you're going hybrid, turn it into a Trinity Force pronto. Gunblade is also a very good item on Poppy. Smart players will know that Poppy's damage is almost purely magical, so grab a Void Staff if they start buying MR (don't bother with one if they don't.) Sorceror's Shoes are a consideration, so are Berserker's Greaves. Get Mercury's Treads if they have a significant amount of CC... or buy a QSS later.

If you picked up Berserker's Greaves, you should have enough attack speed between TF and the boots to make Rageblade work. Level Q over everything else (except a single point in your ult at 6), and then level W (take points in ult over W.) Get a single point in E when you start, and ignore it until the end - you'll be using it for gap closing and as a stun, not for damage. You want W maxed after Q so you can make the most of its free AD/armor and especially the move speed bonus.

Poppy's overpowered as hell in Dominion. Enjoy the free wins :)

@Jeffy: Yeah I despise the ****ing bruiser meta, I really don't think it does anything good to the game. I just hate the %HP damage mechanics because they usually don't have a significant cost and there's only so much you can do to defend against them. You can't do ANYTHING to defend against them if it's true damage (lol, Vayne.)

In regards to the best comp, the best comp is simply two anchors and three roamers. It doesn't really matter what "class" they are as long as they can do those roles. Heroes usually regarded as squishy can make fantastic anchors when built tanky (read: Karthus.) Place anchors at top and bottom and let your roamers worry about keeping sneaky types off your mid.

BunkerBob
<Member>
BunkerBob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 10:33pm | Report
I'll keep that in mind, but I've only encountered one with half a brain and even then I loaded up the other half with poison and flattened him.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide