Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Top Picks for Dominion

Creator: JunSupport August 20, 2011 6:37pm
Urscythe
<Member>
Urscythe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 10:43pm | Report
BunkerBob wrote:

I'll keep that in mind, but I've only encountered one with half a brain and even then I loaded up the other half with poison and flattened him.

Could just be that Twitch is good versus Xerath. Blitz is strong versus Xerath as well.

But he **** all over Maokai (again, even when I had a significant health advantage going in), and he can pretty easily keep Galio at bay, even with Galio stacking MR (all that free magic pen he gets.) I'm not sure about Kassadin, because I don't play Kass.

Maokai out-pushed him but Xerath absolutely obliterated me whenever I tried to force him off, past about level 6-7. Prior to that I was able to force him to run off a couple times with a good pikmin+roots combo. Afterwards I'd do that, get stunned, and then he'd gib me with barrage spam. AOE's too large to make simply running around possible.

Thanks to Jsta for the sig image.
BunkerBob
<Member>
BunkerBob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 8, 2011 10:47pm | Report
Yeah AOE for his arty is twice that of Kogmaw's.
XnMiller
<Member>
XnMiller's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 11:22am | Report
Bunker, I was number 1 on both teams, both in kills, and captures, and neutralized points. This was against Master Yi, Kassadin, Katarina, Jax, and Shaco. Obviously, not every team will be easy to kill, but that is the same for all champs. But even level 3 (since we don't start at 1) I got 2 kills, one off kassadin, and the other off of Yi. Yes I had support but so did they, Jax ran when he was they were losing.

Maybe it was the team I was against, maybe I'm just good with Xerath already because his play style is a lot like Brand and I main Brand. Maybe I got lucky, idk. But I loved Xerath on dominion. He kept people from capping and could initiate a fight out of turret range when capping with someone else.
BunkerBob
<Member>
BunkerBob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 11:24am | Report
Is this for a single game, or whole strings of games. I still find him easy to ignore.
XnMiller
<Member>
XnMiller's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 12:35pm | Report
It was a string of them. Differing in placement only slightly. Fact is, as Xerath I didn't lose.
BunkerBob
<Member>
BunkerBob's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 2:06pm | Report
Well it doesn't change my opinion of him till I can see it proven wrong. I can't go on word alone.
XnMiller
<Member>
XnMiller's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 3:04pm | Report
Fair enough.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 5:37pm | Report
@Urscythe:

AP Poppy is bad on Dominion - Requires too much farm.

I can sometimes 1v1 Jax with AD Poppy if I'm built properly. ;)
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Urscythe
<Member>
Urscythe's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 9, 2011 10:27pm | Report
JunSupport wrote:

@Urscythe:

AP Poppy is bad on Dominion - Requires too much farm.

I can sometimes 1v1 Jax with AD Poppy if I'm built properly. ;)

That's why I said go hybrid. Trinity Force, Hextech Gunblade, and then whatever strikes your fancy. She benefits from having more AD, but her spells scale with AP and she's all about burst. Besides, her Q double dips since it does your attack damage and then adds a bonus that scales with AP on top of it.

Thanks to Jsta for the sig image.
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep October 10, 2011 2:03am | Report
I go AD Tanky DPS.

TriForce -> Heart of Gold -> Black cleaver -> Randuin's + BVeil

I tried hextech, but that takes far too long to build to yield benefits. Black Cleaver is cheaper, and serves for bashing through high armor stats on tanks.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide