Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Vynertje's Support AMA and advice thread

Creator: Vynertje December 30, 2014 5:15am
Jovy
<Admin>
Jovy's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2015 4:38am | Report
Can confirm.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2015 5:56am | Report
Can also confirm.
Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2015 6:52am | Report
Blitz is better.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
TheSilverDust
<Member>
TheSilverDust's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2015 7:45am | Report
Can also confirm that Braum's strong. =)
Thanks Vapora Dark for the sig!
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 6, 2015 4:58pm | Report
Ok, new question;

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1942840469/40916318?tab=stats

This game, we were horribly outcomped I think, and any team fight would have resulted in death. I focused my entire efforts into making the map a place Ahri and lee could get picks. Due to my efforts we got 6 total dragons and 2 barons, but I feel like I couldn't actually get into many fights to get assists. I was mainly a vision bot and taxi service and savior via devour. Do you feel I could have done any more than I actually did here?
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2015 4:32am | Report
Did you last hit the nexus?

Basically MOBAFire.
Re4XN
<Member>
Re4XN's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2015 4:27pm | Report
I know this might sound kind of dumb, but what is your position on Shen support? I have only tried this with a Kalista ADC and would like to know what you think about it. The nurf to his Q might have made this question irrelevant, tho...
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2015 8:09pm | Report
Shen support is still fine yo
It's just simply not as good as before with the healing nerfs, not that it made that big of a difference anyways. His main usage was his ulti and his taunt, both of which are untouched.

Ok, new question;

http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1942840469/40916318?tab=stats

This game, we were horribly outcomped I think, and any team fight would have resulted in death. I focused my entire efforts into making the map a place Ahri and lee could get picks. Due to my efforts we got 6 total dragons and 2 barons, but I feel like I couldn't actually get into many fights to get assists. I was mainly a vision bot and taxi service and savior via devour. Do you feel I could have done any more than I actually did here?

From what I see from your stats there aren't any outstanding points to note aside from a distinct lack of damage from Caitlyn and a lack of kill participation on your part. This is only what I can see from the stats though. One aspect of thought process you can apply to your own gameplay is to understand how your kit can impact a game. Tahm Kench overall only has one potential playmaking spell (his ultimate) which you should always try to utilize to start fights / picks / or flanks. Aside from that he cannot punish enemies as hard. Not sure if you're trying to practice Tahm or not, but the main reason why people shy away from him is because most people believe his ultimate is unreliable, and the rest of his kit is relatively mediocre. I'd personally shy away from champions that are hard to impact a game with, but that's just me trying to maximize my ability to win the game (people have different mentalities on this).

One trick I see people using with Tahm Kench in lane is to help your laner avoid spells by eating them in skirmishes. eg: vayne 3rd silver bolt, jinx rocket

And @ Vyn: are u willing to come play ranked with me in NA? cant find bot lane duo to practice any role :(
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2015 9:34pm | Report
I'd disagree about Tahm. He has some of the dumbest peeling abilities in the game with just his W. He does kinda suck in lane though.
parrot6632
<Member>
parrot6632's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep September 7, 2015 10:32pm | Report
what about sion support? he has good peel and tankiness

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide