Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Which champion should I buy? Should I get XXX...

Creator: DEWO April 8, 2011 5:18am
Tepik
<Member>
Tepik's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 6:22am | Report
that was my line of reasoning too, thank you for the advice mate :)
malz dot (bounced from a minion ofc) + % dmg/sec + 2.5 stun ult (which in late game is ~1k) is so much fun to pull off correctly :D

thanks again.
th3BlackAngel
<Member>
th3BlackAngel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 3:22pm | Report
Ok, I'm at a crossroads here. I want to get either Shen or Rammus, have played them both a good number of times, and like them both. I am getting close to 3150 IP again, and I would apreciate if someone could list me pros and cons of each. Thanks
Nidalee - Olympic Gold Medalist Guide <-- Recently Updated
Thanks to jhoijhoi for this amazing sig

What People Look For In a Guide
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 4:37pm | Report
Shen is still better overall tank.
Rammus is the toughest one tho... so if you can 100% rely on team damage take rammus if you want to also deals some damage, take shen.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
PotatisFarfar
<Veteran>
PotatisFarfar's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 12, 2011 4:43pm | Report
Shen brings more utility to the team than rammus.

But rammus is just sutch a tough ball to crack
Illuvitarian
<Member>
Illuvitarian's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 13, 2011 8:52pm | Report
I disagree rammus deals a deceptive amount of damage when you taunt defensive ball + ult with a thornmail if your a newer player and aren't the best with map awareness you'll get more bang for your buck with rammus, don't get me wrong shens a beast but you gotta be a decent player or you'll get destroyed and always help your team at the wrong times causeing you to basically 90% lose barring a miracle lol.

+rep me if you like what I got to say. Semper Fi!

DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 16, 2011 5:17am | Report
Shen damage is more consistant and way less dependent on "IF" Factor.
Rammus deals damage IF you: Manage to hit someone with roll and not creeps.
Rammus deals damage IF you: get close to the enemy to accualy taunt him and than curl and that damage is quite ****py
Rammus deals damage IF you: trigger your ultimate which has a huge CD.
Rammus damage is scalable with armor that means nearly no damage early game.

Shen damage is sure.
Vorpal is a ranged attack.
You can close gap to the enemy with taunt no matter if there are creeps or not.
That way you can proc your passive damage (quite nice one) that deals significant damage even early game.
You dont have mana so you can constantly damage and harras eveh with Vorpal itself.

Tho Rammus is unkillable.
Shen is hard to kill.

Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 10:16pm | Report
what champ do i buy

i have 0 champs

i have 240k IP

NEED ADVICE
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 10:30pm | Report
Lee Sin.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Melarith
<Member>
Melarith's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 17, 2011 11:13pm | Report
Melarith wrote:

Why is everyone hating on Lee Sin? He's okay since the buff. Stop the hate. He's a pain in the jungle, and a pretty scary anti-carry with his tyhgjnb lifesteal. Buy Twitch. He's very good and viable in competitive play.

DEWO wrote:

Shen damage is more consistant and way less dependent on "IF" Factor.
Rammus deals damage IF you: Manage to hit someone with roll and not creeps.
Rammus deals damage IF you: get close to the enemy to accualy taunt him and than curl and that damage is quite ****py
Rammus deals damage IF you: trigger your ultimate which has a huge CD.
Rammus damage is scalable with armor that means nearly no damage early game.

- waht. Powerball is not what scares the **** out of you, look at level 1 base damage. You max Powerball last, since you only want the speed boost and slow to open up a gank, and leveling it increases the mana it uses.

- Getting close ain't no worries with Powerball and Flash - gg for them. Defensive Ball Curl does a lot of damage, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise. Even if you just have a hundred armor (+10~), that's still more or less a DoT on 60 for 3 seconds. That's 120, or 180 damage. Not as much as a maxed Powerball, but you need to keep in mind that his passive gives him 25% of his total armor in AD. So by late-game, you should have ~130-ish AD. That's pretty okay, coupled with your armor reduction.

- Soaring Slam - Chronoshift - Soaring Slam - Chronoshift. 60 freaking seconds isn't a huge CD. It's a tiny, tiny, baby CD.

DEWO wrote:
Shen damage is sure.
Vorpal is a ranged attack.
You can close gap to the enemy with taunt no matter if there are creeps or not.
That way you can proc your passive damage (quite nice one) that deals significant damage even early game.
You dont have mana so you can constantly damage and harras eveh with Vorpal itself.

- Ki Strike... Unless you rush, or stack, Warmogs I don't really see how this passive out-damages Defensive Ball Curl's, Powerball's, or Soaring Slam'. But you know, I don't play Shen, so okay. I do agree with that you can harass with Vorpal okay, but not that you out-damage a Rammus who uses all his abilities

Rammus is so much better in the lower ELOs (1200-esque) because he outputs very high damage during the mid-game with his Tremors and armor reduction. However, as you climb into the higher ELOs, you start valuing an AOE Taunt over a single-target one, not to mention that Shen can save a teammate once every minute or so, which is invaluable - especially when used on the carry.
The purpose of Shen is to flip out and kill people.
- Phreak
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 18, 2011 1:09am | Report
Ball->Flash is nice but you forget that Flash has 255s cooldown. That is over 4 mins!
Curl does 0 damage. 0 at all unless som1 is stupid enaugh to attack you constantly.
Ofc there is taunt but it is also only short term damage.
Rammus to deal damage would have to have taunt lvled 1st (and he should) so with Ball->Taunt->curl you are will deal about 166 magic damage. (on lvl 9 for example) without tremors. Counting that you will hit 2 times with your melee you will deal about 250-300 damage for the cost of 80+50+90 = 220 mana.
Counting that Ramm has 552 mana on lvl 9 that is nearly 1/2 of your mana pool, and if you add tremors to it even more.

Shen will always deal more damage than Rammus overall.
Ki strike is extremaly deadly even without the bonus hp pool of warmogs.
10 + (5 x level) + (+8% of his bonus health) will deal 10+(5x9) 55Damage from Ki strike + 81.5 from his AD. (calculations also for lvl 9. That is total of 136,5 magic damage OLY FROM Basic attack! not costing ANY mana.
If you add that sure damage from lvl 5 Vorpal (even without AP) it deals 210 damage that is total of 346.5 damage for the cost of 50 energy (1/4 of your max energy) And still you can taunt, and add fiew normal attacks with that 81 AD.

Rammus without blue buff will not deal that kind of damage unless totaly fed and we are not counting this.

Other thing is that Ramm is better at tower destroying. And he brings quite nice AoE damage. Still Shen is better overall, while Rammus is tougher. Simple as that.

Also i never said that Ki Strike will singly outdamage full rammus combo lol...

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide