Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your Pet Peeves Regarding Guide Writing

Creator: Jebus McAzn May 3, 2011 8:42pm
VoiD
<Member>
VoiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 12:16pm | Report
When people just build the most expensive items in the game
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 2:55pm | Report
When people put 9999 sight wards in the purchase order at the top. It doesn't even make any sense. Are we only supposed to buy those wards?
It's much easier to just say you need to buy wards.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 4:18pm | Report
Canoas wrote:

When people put 9999 sight wards in the purchase order at the top. It doesn't even make any sense. Are we only supposed to buy those wards?
It's much easier to just say you need to buy wards.

This as well. Consumables aren't necessary in your main item build, unless you want to illustrate what you start with. A guide doesn't need to have a Sight Ward after every item, or a billion potions in the beginning - just mention that you should buy them over the course of the game.
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 5:20pm | Report

I seriously hate when people go over EVERYTHING

They go through every single summoner spell, why you should use what and what not to use. Like seriously, dont even mention smite on annie or revive.. period, just hit your main points

Also items.
They go over every single item that could ever possibly be considerable on that champion.

I disagree, I love when people cover everything, it lets me know that they took the time to consider the facts and write a detailed guide and helps to prevent comments like "You need to consider..." or "Try using...."

I hate bad spelling and punctuation. A little is okay, but too much is so annoying.

I also hate people who say that their build is the best and you will always do good with it. There is no truth in that at all. People play differently, so telling people that the build will work every time is just asking for comments about failing and downvotes that don't read the guide etc. etc.

Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid.

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 6:30pm | Report
What Shadow said.

A full guide should cover all that, to some extent. Like, maybe not every summoner spell, and not every item possible, but yea.

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Tr4ce
<Member>
Tr4ce's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 6:53pm | Report
- When people put the characters story line. If I really gave a **** I would of read it.
- When people give the damage at 1/2/3/4/5 and the cool-down, when we can read the icon.
Rudmed
<Editor>
Rudmed's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 4, 2011 6:59pm | Report
I don't like it when people tend to give misleading information, and then you look at the stats and sratch your head. Are you sure it was a tank you nuked down with super high AS and 133 AD?
Timh37
<Member>
Timh37's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 12:34am | Report
I like guides that are clear, not too long, and also include some general tips and tricks for the champion it concerns.
Timh37
Canoas
<Member>
Canoas's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 12:43am | Report
I don't like guides that cover everything. When I'm looking at an extensive guide I'll get completely overwhelmed by the amount of information and won't even read half of it. I just want clear explanations on why, when and where those items, runes and masteries are chosen.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 5, 2011 1:56am | Report
Canoas wrote:

I don't like guides that cover everything. When I'm looking at an extensive guide I'll get completely overwhelmed by the amount of information and won't even read half of it. I just want clear explanations on why, when and where those items, runes and masteries are chosen.

Exactly. I'm annoyed by the fact that they want you to spend time reading instead of learning things ingame.
This is the reason I don't have a useless section explaining what the spells do in my guides. Any tips that aren't in the spell tooltips are explained in a tips section I have.
"If someone is ****, you point at them and declare "****!". Because this is the internet." - Serpentiferous

"The Internet: where men are men, women are men, and little girls are the FBI." - ???

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide