Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Your Pet Peeves Regarding Guide Writing

Creator: Jebus McAzn May 3, 2011 8:42pm
1 2 3 4 5
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2011 5:27pm | Report
VoiD wrote:

I hate people who use smurfs to vote up their guides, and troll vote all others... seriously...

Yes. Yes. I hate it when people downvote but don't provide a specific reason or at least tell you what you can do to fix it. I also hate it when I get upvoted for the same reason.

Also @ > lvl 30's making guides:

Whose build would you rather use; a level 25 who has 80 wins and 40 of them with the build he/she put up, or a level 30 with 600 wins who just started using the guide he/she put up?

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2011 5:35pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Whose build would you rather use; a level 25 who has 80 wins and 40 of them with the build he/she put up, or a level 30 with 600 wins who just started using the guide he/she put up?

To be honest, the second suggestion. The level 30 would have more knowledge about how items work and what type of champion should be given them. For example, a new player might suggest Tiamat on Sivir, because it helps them farm. A level 30 knows that pushing a lane too much will lead to ganks.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
VoiD
<Member>
VoiD's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2011 5:42pm | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

The second suggestion, the difference between a lvl 25 and a lvl 30 is huge, but of course i saw a lvl 30 lose to a lvl 22 once.
MisterChris
<Member>
MisterChris's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2011 5:47pm | Report
Searz wrote:

Players using several champions in the same guide to display different builds. That should be covered in the guide and only serves to confuse the reader..

I don't know that is confuses the reader, I think it lacks depth.

Nighthawk wrote:

Also @ > lvl 30's making guides:

I don't agree with this, experience wins. If you had 600 wins with Annie and then you make a guide on Olaf (who you just discovered), how does that make you more knowledgeable on THAT champion? In contrast, a lv 25 had 80 wins with Olaf would have a far greater knowledge of the champions mechanics. Yes, the lv 30 may know more of the game mechanics but a guide isn't about the entire game.

I understand where you are coming from but I don't agree.
Current

Underway
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 7, 2011 6:28pm | Report

I don't agree with this, experience wins. If you had 600 wins with Annie and then you make a guide on Olaf (who you just discovered), how does that make you more knowledgeable on THAT champion? In contrast, a lv 25 had 80 wins with Olaf would have a far greater knowledge of the champions mechanics. Yes, the lv 30 may know more of the game mechanics but a guide isn't about the entire game.

I understand where you are coming from but I don't agree.

Rofl. I actually agree with you. That was the whole point of the post, so ty for arguing my side. :)

@jhoi & VoiD

I've played since December. I'm level 28 on my main but I have 3 other smurfs that are over level 10. I have over 300 wins with my accounts combined. I know enough not to use Tiamat to farm competitively, especially on Sivir, which just makes me go wtf. She already has ricochet. There is a big difference between a new player (level 1, only played for a week - a month) compared to a level 30 who has played for 6 months. Don't say someone under level 30 is a new player because they aren't. It's not about what level you are, it's about your skill level. Put a level 1 against a level 30 and if the level 1 is better at the game, he/she will win. You can get to level 30 by losing 600 straight too, or you can get to level 20 by winning 40 straight. Are you saying you would rather listen to the level 30 who got there by losing, rather then the level 20 who has won 40 straight, but because of the various exp caps (you get exp influenced by how much time you play for example) hasn't reached level 30 yet?

No offense, but that just seems dumb and prejudice. We were all below level 30 at some point. Saying players under level 30 are bad is like saying Hotshotgg was bad before he was level 30. Did he just get somehow massively better when he started playing ranked at level 30?

jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2011 1:31am | Report
I never said under level 30s were bad. I said that level 30s are more experienced with the game in its entirety. To be honest, I wouldn't want anyone to create a guide without 70+ games with that champion.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by arrizen ♡
MisterChris
<Member>
MisterChris's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep May 8, 2011 2:16am | Report
Nighthawk wrote:

Rofl. I actually agree with you. That was the whole point of the post, so ty for arguing my side. :)

No worries :D , It is often difficult to detect tense through text. In that case I do agree with you.

jhoijhoi wrote:

I never said under level 30s were bad. I said that level 30s are more experienced with the game in its entirety. To be honest, I wouldn't want anyone to create a guide without 70+ games with that champion.

I think every byte of information is useful, you never know. A simplistic view on a champion/play style may improve your own technique.
Current

Underway
1 2 3 4 5

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide