Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

lvl 27 offering to mentor

Creator: FireLord December 21, 2012 6:52am
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2012 4:36am | Report
Elo is the only tool for proper verification because gold and plat players probably do know a LOT more about the game than bronze or silver players do.

Silver elo isn't really enough to convince others :P
Bomazon
<Member>
Bomazon's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2012 5:04am | Report
Not saying Elo DOES determine your skill level but, people generally won't listen to someone who hasn't played the game very long. In your case being lvl 27. People would much rather ask a 2300 to mentor them because they feel since they win and go up in ranked they play a factor in that.
Thnx to Nameless bard for making it
FireLord
<Member>
FireLord's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2012 4:48pm | Report
Kirluu wrote:

I'm sorry, but I will now inform you on something that might be unknown to you:

In the game of League of Legends, any League of Legends Player is considered or expected to be level 30, no matter what - if you aren't level 30 yet, then, in most people's eyes, you are still new to the game - and don't take this like: "Oh, I will just get level 30, and then I will mentor" - getting level 30 is a benchmark, sure; but it's one that virtually everyone has reached, and therefore it isn't anything special.

I would suggest that you play the game for yourself and with friends - and gain friends through the game as well - play with them and learn from eachother's as well as your own mistakes, as you evolve. Believe me, I know the feeling of thinking that you know what you're talking about, but I can only tell you that that feeling is a lie. You should at least have around 500 normal wins under your belt - the more draft pick games possibly the better, to be able to consider yourself to be at a level of knowledge where you would be able to actually mentor someone in the game that is League of Legends.

-

I hope you didn't take this message as offensive in any way: I want you to improve, for your own, and an eventual future mentee of yours' sake.

Happy holidays,
Kirluu~

ah, my bad then = P
thanks for that kind explanation = )

when i get to lvl 30 i'll see if i can get high elo, and when i do i'll come back here to mentor people = P
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ rєmєmвєr tσ +rєp mє íf í dєsєrvє ít! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ тнαикѕ тσ тнє_иαмєℓєѕѕ_вαя∂ fσя тнιѕ αмαzιиg ѕιgиαтυяє! ★ ★ ★
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 28, 2012 5:08pm | Report
Again, I must intervene, with a slight bit of displeasure, because I wish the best for you, I don't want to see you go down wrong roads.

The thing is, that when you have just hit level 30, as I was trying to explain before: You are no less new to the game, when you were level 27, and therefore, until you are a whole lot more familiarized with the game and know things because of experience, then that is the time when you can begin mentoring people.
You see, I'm afraid that the kind people above and on the previous page have severely mislead you, because Elo is not at all what a person who is new to the game necessarily is looking for - sure, it helps to have a verified Elo badge, but it is not everything.

In other words, what I'm trying to say here, is that you should not start playing ranked as soon as you hit level 30, because you are still relatively new to the game, and this means that if you start playing ranked, you have a decently big chance of going straight into what many refer to as "Elo Hell" - basically very low Elo, which is hard to climb out of.
What I recommend to you, which I also mentioned in my last post, is that you wait with doing anything rash until you're filled up with a decent amount of experience with the game. That point is what I would recon is around 500 normal wins - no less, before you start playing ranked, as well as take on a mentoring job.

Elo doesn't mean anything yet, for newcomers: They are all just looking for a friendly face, whom can help them through the basics and give them advice based on a vast amount of experience with the game.

-

I hope that, upon reading this, you have decided that perhaps starting to play ranked as soon as you hit level 30 is not such a good idea, and that I thereby have saved you from going down onto a path of which you do not wish to be on.

Again, Happy holidays,
Kirluu~
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
Akakakushi
<Member>
Akakakushi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 12:58am | Report
Kirluu wrote:

I'm sorry, but I will now inform you on something that might be unknown to you:

In the game of League of Legends, any League of Legends Player is considered or expected to be level 30, no matter what - if you aren't level 30 yet, then, in most people's eyes, you are still new to the game - and don't take this like: "Oh, I will just get level 30, and then I will mentor" - getting level 30 is a benchmark, sure; but it's one that virtually everyone has reached, and therefore it isn't anything special.

I would suggest that you play the game for yourself and with friends - and gain friends through the game as well - play with them and learn from eachother's as well as your own mistakes, as you evolve. Believe me, I know the feeling of thinking that you know what you're talking about, but I can only tell you that that feeling is a lie. You should at least have around 500 normal wins under your belt - the more draft pick games possibly the better, to be able to consider yourself to be at a level of knowledge where you would be able to actually mentor someone in the game that is League of Legends.

-

I hope you didn't take this message as offensive in any way: I want you to improve, for your own, and an eventual future mentee of yours' sake.

Happy holidays,
Kirluu~

Agreed. This is probably the best way you could have put it. +Rep
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 1:49am | Report
Holy **** Kirluu is possibly the nicest person ever

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
koksei
<Member>
koksei's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 3:39am | Report

Holy **** Kirluu is possibly the nicest person ever

He hides behind this mask and schemes his stuff behind it. Trust me

~ Sig by Xiaowiriamu ~
Pølsemanden
<Member>
Pølsemanden's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 8:07am | Report
Kirluu wrote:

Again, I must intervene, with a slight bit of displeasure, because I wish the best for you, I don't want to see you go down wrong roads.

The thing is, that when you have just hit level 30, as I was trying to explain before: You are no less new to the game, when you were level 27, and therefore, until you are a whole lot more familiarized with the game and know things because of experience, then that is the time when you can begin mentoring people.
You see, I'm afraid that the kind people above and on the previous page have severely mislead you, because Elo is not at all what a person who is new to the game necessarily is looking for - sure, it helps to have a verified Elo badge, but it is not everything.

In other words, what I'm trying to say here, is that you should not start playing ranked as soon as you hit level 30, because you are still relatively new to the game, and this means that if you start playing ranked, you have a decently big chance of going straight into what many refer to as "Elo Hell" - basically very low Elo, which is hard to climb out of.
What I recommend to you, which I also mentioned in my last post, is that you wait with doing anything rash until you're filled up with a decent amount of experience with the game. That point is what I would recon is around 500 normal wins - no less, before you start playing ranked, as well as take on a mentoring job.

Elo doesn't mean anything yet, for newcomers: They are all just looking for a friendly face, whom can help them through the basics and give them advice based on a vast amount of experience with the game.

-

I hope that, upon reading this, you have decided that perhaps starting to play ranked as soon as you hit level 30 is not such a good idea, and that I thereby have saved you from going down onto a path of which you do not wish to be on.

Again, Happy holidays,
Kirluu~

I disagree. You learn a lot more from playing with people who are better than you, so when you go into ranked as a new lvl 30 you'll learn a lot from playing and boost your skill-level by a lot.

So what he goes to low elo? He belongs to be there and will climb up when he's good enough for it.

My advice: Get level 30, play ranked when serious - play normal when not.
Ty MM and Blood for the sigs :3 | Rammus is comming back - heard it here first!

"Carrying"-guide | My reviewservice
Kirluu
<Member>
Kirluu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 29, 2012 2:17pm | Report
You are basically encougaring new players to play ranked, but it's not just about them getting to play ranked - there is draft pick for that, which I also marked in my first post here. By "sending" new level 30's straight into ranked, you basically know that you're gonna make someone's evenings very tiresome, because they will have to deal with playing with someone who is relatively new to the game, and doesn't react and respond as per protocol, so to speak.

You can't just say "so what", whíle knowing that you bring a lot of people down with him, who don't necessarily deserve the low elo they may have - or maybe you ruin the first game of someone who has waited to play ranked until he felt ready - maybe around 500 normal wins and 100 draft games or so. Then that person can get dragged down and down and down.

The more people decide to wait with going into ranked games, the stronger a gamer-base ranked games will have, and that is only a good thing (aside from people getting carried to high elo, but that can't ever last anyways).

-

Now then, upon reading this, I hope I didn't offend you, FireLord; I am not talking bad about you, but more like talking about how it is in general with players who are new to a game ^^ Hope you didn't take it the wrong way :o Simply defending my point against Mr. Pølse :)

Kirluu~
Check out my comprehensive guide for Jax !!
-
Make sure to hit that +Rep button if I helped you out, and you feel I deserve it! :)
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 30, 2012 2:57pm | Report
^he's kinda right. Why screw up his elo early on and lose games for people?

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide