Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Shyvana - The Half-Dragon: A Collaborative Guide

Creator: jhoijhoi March 11, 2014 1:56pm
Which champion would you like to see next?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 11, 2014 11:55pm | Report
Hmm, I think I'll do that! Good idea, Veng ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
sirell
<Member>
sirell's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2014 5:59am | Report
I think people want a mid- Lulu guide, tbh. We don't seem to have one of those yet. Plenty of support and solotop guides already though.
RottedApples
<Inhouse Addict>
RottedApples's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 12, 2014 1:31pm | Report
dare i ask, what about playing Fiora mid? in a lane where you fight squishy people and can get back quickly if you go b it seems to benefit the idea and mentality of someone who wants to get fed and do tons of damage.

She doesn't have any poke though and is a bit all-in so i guess that makes sense in a ranged lane like that

Signature is from Ninja_Trigger's champion mastery thread!
New and slightly improved version is still up to date >HERE!<
RazeMage
<Member>
RazeMage's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 6:49am | Report
I don't think Fiora mid is good, she doesn't have any clearing abilities most melee mid have and her Riposte doesn't seem to be very effective

And i really wanted to see Lulu's guide, i like her so much lately >_<
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 7:30am | Report
Assuming we're going to Fiora mid, let's look at the situation.

Quoted:
I am going to play Fiora mid.

She's not as powerful as many of the other champions (not competitively picked, rather squishy, requires items), so picking her blind would be risky. She is a melee AD champion, which means we need a squishy target to blow up, and preferably someone without any easy to land CC (either slows or hard CC are not fun when you're melee and squishy). Let's think about the common mid champions.

Often picked: Gragas, Kassadin, Kha'Zix, LeBlanc, Lulu, Nidalee, Orianna, Vel'Koz, Yasuo, Zed, Ziggs

We can place all other 'destined for mid' champions into a 'seldom picked' or likewise category.

Looking through the list of champions often picked champions, who would Fiora win against? Based on the feel of it: Kha'zix, Vel'Koz, and Yasuo. A good matchup mid 3/11 of the time might be fine, but assuming your opponent doesn't play popular champions only, I can only add Diana and Swain to the list of champions Fiora would beat mid. 5/37 is a pretty short list. Too short? I don't know.

Who cares about matchups, we're playing Fiora mid! What do we need to give our team as a mid laner? Typical mid laners have many of the following: some form of CC, long range poke, high burst, wave clear / pushing power, decent roam potential. Fiora brings the burst and the roaming potential, but no innate wave clear, nor the CC, nor the poke. We can solve the wave clear by building a Shiv or Tiamat early, and I suppose you could get a BotRK as well to gain some CC.

Still a risky pick however, and would require the rest of your team to build to suit your needs. I don't know about your experiences in League, but my teams rarely if ever take my pick's needs into consideration. If you top laner picks Renekton, and your jungler is a melee champion, your only poke would come from your AD (assuming they are not playing Draven or Vayne).
"You don't reach the top without a good Sherpa."
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 7:37am | Report
BarbJ wrote:

Assuming we're going to Fiora mid

Why would you ever assume that? She's a top laner, and actually fairly strong at the laning phase. Two reasons she isn't played a lot: has trouble handling ganks and doesn't fit the tanky top lane meta.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 8:42am | Report
He asked about Fiora mid, so I asnwered. In order to theory craft about Fiora mid, we have to begin by assuming we're playing mid. Silly :p
"Do not rage, do not fear, Joe is here!"
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 9:14am | Report
BarbJ wrote:

He asked about Fiora mid, so I asnwered. In order to theory craft about Fiora mid, we have to begin by assuming we're playing mid. Silly :p

Fair enough. Just saying, I would never play her mid. I know you can make it work but wave clear-heavy champions simply push you out.

Her top lane isn't actually all that bad, just ganks suck.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 10:04am | Report
I wouldn't choose to play her mid either <3
"Do not rage, do not fear, Joe is here!"
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 13, 2014 11:37pm | Report
What do you guys think about running the Fiora article instead of the Lulu one, as Lulu was just on free week? (my fault, I didn't realise :/)
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by natuhlee ♡

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide