Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Shyvana - The Half-Dragon: A Collaborative Guide

Creator: jhoijhoi March 11, 2014 1:56pm
Which champion would you like to see next?
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2014 6:46am | Report
lulu = athene lich bane dcap / void + the other :D
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2014 6:50am | Report
Vynertje wrote:

Why fiora? She's a super dull and straightforward champion that is barely played.

I do, however, disagree with this statement. There's a lot of noob (and not-so-noob) players out there who mess up things which are straightforward to us, the avid League players. Hence, I don't think Fiora would be a bad choice per se regarding that, especially dealing with ganks is an excellent subject.

The latter part is problem that has two parts:
  1. Not many people will be interested because one part of the community doesn't play her and doesn't want to while another part loves her and thus already knows how.
  2. Due to her being so impopular it's hard to argue what is actually the best way of playing her. Personally I go W > E > Q and rush Hydra into Cleaver but I know others may use a different approach.

Those two major issues make me advise against doing a collaborative guide on Fiora.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2014 8:30am | Report
Every champion under the right circumstances is super dull and straightforward. And, after a given number of games, they will fall into that category.

You say you never get bored playing Anivia? If you had to play her for a few hundred games straight, I'm convinced that you would eventually desire to do something else. In this same manner, a complicated champion may seem so at first, but becomes, as you put it, "super dull and straightfoward," once you've figured out how everything works. While you call them fun little tricks now, after hundreds of games doing them correctly, they no longer become tricks, they're just the norm.

However, teaching a new player how those tricks work, how to pull them off to begin with, is something we are trying to do. Maybe there's something fancy hidden inside Fiora's mechanics that to you is super dull, but to a new player might be a cool little trick, or fancy move.

No hyperbole, I believe it.
"You don't reach the top without a good Sherpa."
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2014 8:35am | Report
BarbJ wrote:

Every champion under the right circumstances is super dull and straightforward. And, after a given number of games, they will fall into that category.

You say you never get bored playing Anivia? If you had to play her for a few hundred games straight, I'm convinced that you would eventually desire to do something else. In this same manner, a complicated champion may seem so at first, but becomes, as you put it, "super dull and straightfoward," once you've figured out how everything works. While you call them fun little tricks now, after hundreds of games doing them correctly, they no longer become tricks, they're just the norm.

However, teaching a new player how those tricks work, how to pull them off to begin with, is something we are trying to do. Maybe there's something fancy hidden inside Fiora's mechanics that to you is super dull, but to a new player might be a cool little trick, or fancy move.

No hyperbole, I believe it.

I agree except for the "dull" part. Champions like Jarvan IV, Kassadin, Zed, and Lee Sin will always be really fun for me to play, I never get tired of them. While most "tricks" have become straighforward, that doesn't mean it gets dull.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2014 9:17am | Report
I think we may be operating under a different... usage of the word dull. I mean to say that after a certain number of games, I find that I need to play someone else. Doing the same things gets boring after a time.

I love playing Leona. But 8 games in a row is enough, it's time to play someone else for a few. I can go back to Leona during game 11 or 12, and everything is fine again. For games 9 and 10 however, Leona is "dull," she feels boring to play.

Do I know how she works now? Yes.
Are they "tricks?" No, the fancy plays are normal now.
Does she get dull? Yes, occasionally I want to play someone else.

If this is the explanation for how I use "dull," do Kassadin, Zed, Lee Sin, and Jarvan IV never get dull for you? Just trying to see how you feel about it really. Maybe I'm just fickle :p

@Fioraminiguide:
Having never played Fiora outside of a few bot games, I will snatch her up and see if I can find anything fancy <3
"Secretly I think Joe is an evil genius."
GrandmasterD
<Member>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2014 9:23am | Report
BarbJ wrote:

I think we may be operating under a different... usage of the word dull. I mean to say that after a certain number of games, I find that I need to play someone else. Doing the same things gets boring after a time.

I love playing Leona. But 8 games in a row is enough, it's time to play someone else for a few. I can go back to Leona during game 11 or 12, and everything is fine again. For games 9 and 10 however, Leona is "dull," she feels boring to play.

Do I know how she works now? Yes.
Are they "tricks?" No, the fancy plays are normal now.
Does she get dull? Yes, occasionally I want to play someone else.

If this is the explanation for how I use "dull," do Kassadin, Zed, Lee Sin, and Jarvan IV never get dull for you? Just trying to see how you feel about it really. Maybe I'm just fickle :p

No I can play those champions a huge amount of games in a row and not get bored of them, so I suppose it's personal preference, which I expected. Hence, I would refrain from using subjective terms.

Anyway - on topic - I've played a good number of Fiora games so I'd be willing to lend my aid although I'm by no means an expert.
astrolia
<Fabulous>
astrolia's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2014 2:12pm | Report
See, the Fiora thing now actually sounds like a great idea. Cause like when you guys review guides, you literally leave feedback that says "wrong masteries" or "suboptimal". Making a little mini thing for a champion that everyone sucks at and barely knows how to play and that people have less ego about sounds very cute and friendly (but will probably end in tears).

(Btw my experience playing Fiora was like 1 week on a free week and I played her bot lane with Leona as the support. I truly am xfioramaster28x.)
hi embracing. yes i play ff14 now.
BarbJ
<Exceptional Editor>
BarbJ's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2014 3:01pm | Report
After extensive testing (2 games), I've determined that Fiora mid is indeed a bad pick. Gankerinos op.
"You sound just like Pythagoras."
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 14, 2014 4:36pm | Report
Well, still got a few days left. Maybe we could even see Vlad getting the #1 spot ^^
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
EdisonKhoo
<Guide Critic>
EdisonKhoo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 15, 2014 9:05pm | Report
So...which champ will be up next then O.o Many people commented they want Fiora O.o
Thanks to jhoijohi for this sig ^^
Check out my Syndra guide here

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide