Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

Update: MOBAFire Search, Embed Builds in Posts,...

Creator: Matt July 25, 2011 11:43pm
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 5:21am | Report
Matt wrote:

Updated Wiki and Icon Bbcode

We've also updated all the wiki and icon bbcode to properly link to the database page of what you are linking.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! D:

I'm actually hating this change. You can't color the stuff anymore :(
Why would you ever want to go to the page for the item if ALL the info is already provided in the tooltip that shows >.>
Please revert the change!

Champions being links ( Ashe) is good on the other hand. That way you can take a look at their abilities and/or look for builds for the champion.

Quoted:
Code:
[masteries=http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=3-1-0-0-4-0-0-1-3-0-0-0-0-0&tree2=0-0-1-3-0-4-0-1-3-4-1-1-0-0&tree3=0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0]

I'd like it more if it was in the form of mastery trees. It would look better and be easier to read.
If possible some kind of code that only shows the mastery trees you spent points in would be awesome.

Quoted:
Code:
[abilities=qwqwqwqwqwerereree champion=warwick]
Ability Sequence
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

I would love it if there was a letter above the picture for the corresponding key. Like they have on Solomid.

Loving the rest though!
"every now and again you come across a game that has so little emotional connection to who you are that you end up standing there, gazing at the screen and saying "I'm just pressing buttons and my life has no meaning,"" - Colin Campbell
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 8:24am | Report
Constructive criticism:
-Like Searz said, if masteries were laid out in tree format, it would be easier to understand. I can understand if it's too cluttered, however.
-If we can space out the ability sequence so that it's in Q-W-E-R order and easier to instantly understand, that would be good. The letters would help too.
-For the search, in the filters, there should be another option to ONLY search build titles or thread titles.

But what do I think about this patch in general?
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 8:33am | Report
OMFG! YES!

*goes and spends hours implementing this into all her guides*
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Jovy ♡
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 9:16am | Report
dude you're advertising in a thread that 3 moderators and an admin have posted in

are you ******ed
B-Wong
<Member>
B-Wong's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 9:25am | Report

dude you're advertising in a thread that 3 moderators and an admin have posted in

are you ******ed

Syndrome of the Downs.

theBMB
<Member>
theBMB's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 9:50am | Report

are you ******ed

pretty sure it's a bot of some sort, or just a lot of copy paste judging from his comment history. Also who the **** gave him rep?
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 11:11am | Report
Love this.

Though I can't seem to get it to work for my TF guide.
edit: It seems to erase all the text I add after it as well. :(

Ability Sequence
Appears to work find with Warwick. Quote me, and you'll see what I mean
Ability Sequence
Warwick Sequence appears, but not TF. D:

-there's a code here-

edit: Got ninja edited byMatt
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 11:14am | Report
Awesome updates, go team! ^.^
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 11:17am | Report
We could provide a second tag like "masteries-full" that does the complete tree. Then you have the option of doing either.

I agree on the letters for abilities, it would probably be easier to follow. I'll see if we can do that.

As for spacing abilities out, the width is set based on the build description width as that is the most likely place people will use them, so we can't really space them out. We could do similar for abilities as with masteries and provide a second tag that does the full ability table like on the build display? Then if you prefer that view you can use it too.

As for coloring the names... If you don't like how it links the name why not just use the icon instead?

Code:
[[Ashe]] [icon=Ashe] Ashe

Ashe
Ashe

It's a little extra typing but this way you have the option.
Matt
<Administrator>
Matt's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep July 26, 2011 11:20am | Report
@JunSupport, unfortunately this is just the way bbcode handles things. Because Twisted Fate has a space in it, bbcode considers the word "Fate" as a separate, stand alone param to the tag. If you put his name in quotes it will be taken together. I edited your comment to demonstrate this.

I'll see if there's anything I can do about it though. In particular it shouldn't erase text after it even if you don't put the quotes in.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide