Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! šŸ†
's Forum Avatar

Re: What goes around Reddit

Creator: Diesel November 28, 2011 5:52pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:08pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

It's pointing out how flawed the mobafire rating system is as far as a guide's rating being in anyways correlated to how effective the guide is.

So me upvoting it and saying it's a good guide is flawing the voting system? Even though it was 92% when I got there and 92% when I left? It's my opinion, I'll say what I please. I'm not the one blowing this out of proportion by someone saying since I'm a Vet I have to speak words of God on their guide. If I like the guide by having a good first game, I'll gladly tell them so.
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:17pm | Report
Diesel wrote:

So me upvoting it and saying it's a good guide is flawing the voting system? Even though it was 92% when I got there and 92% when I left? It's my opinion, I'll say what I please. I'm not the one blowing this out of proportion by someone saying since I'm a Vet I have to speak words of God on their guide. If I like the guide by having a good first game, I'll gladly tell them so.

THIS DOESN'T HAVE ONE ****ING THING TO DO WITH YOU.

AT ALL.

YOU DID NOTHING WRONG.

GET THE **** OVER IT.

The reddit post was pointing out the fact that the "Rating" of a guide does not represent how viable the guide is, but instead represents the collective opinions of the mobafire userbase.
Tri lane for life.
Diesel
<Veteran>
Diesel's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:24pm | Report
Temzilla wrote:

The reddit post was pointing out the fact that the "Rating" of a guide does not represent how viable the guide is, but instead represents the collective opinions of the mobafire userbase.

IF that was the point, it was pointed out poorly, considering how often the Vet status was brought up and how much of a ****** I was for "bragging".
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:28pm | Report
no smart *** Tem, the ****ing OP was how he is a vet and played against a troll team yet is upvoting because he did well...

it was even specifically said how if he wasn't a vet this wouldn't even be a topic.

don't try to cover **** up sir

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:30pm | Report
Alright no more I'm pretty sure everyone has forgotten this anyway. Live and let live it's over.

JHOIJHOI IS THE BESTEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD AND THIS SIG IS AMAZING TY <3
DuffTime
<Member>
DuffTime's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:35pm | Report
MAN AM I EVER PISSED!!!
Temzilla
<Member>
Temzilla's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:40pm | Report
Diesel wrote:

IF that was the point, it was pointed out poorly, considering how often the Vet status was brought up and how much of a ****** I was for "bragging".

Yeah, ZERO TIMES.

Are you people even reading the ****ing reddit post?
Tri lane for life.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:40pm | Report

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Toshabi
<Veteran>
Toshabi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:44pm | Report
This thread is now a pony thread. (Thank me later mods)

IceCreamy wrote:

(1:07): I prefer your balls over ***hol

wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 28, 2011 8:46pm | Report
Lol tem kk challenge accepted

"So a lot of people think the point of the OP is to bash the guide used, but it's really not.
The person who wrote the quoted comment has a green name and the brackets underneath say "Veteran"."

"I would love for the Mobafire community to continue expanding, but I'm not sure if it's actually possible because of the veterans, their close knit circle, and the way the guide rating system works."

"The higher ups feel content with the established circlejerk, the tournaments, and making guides sites for other games."

"Sorry for ranting like that, but I know that Adon and Joy and that lot said they were going to spite downvote your guides."

"The person who wrote the comment has a green name, indicating that they're a site veteran who has contributed to the site in someway or is a respected member of the community."

"If he was not a veteran, I don't think this post wouldn't even exist, because then it would be John Doe instead of a higher up on the site."

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide