Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

MOBAFire's second Mini Guide Contest of Season 14 is here! Create or update guides for the 30 featured champions and compete for up to $200 in prizes! 🏆
's Forum Avatar

The big whiskey thread.

Creator: Searz May 31, 2011 5:00pm
58 posts - page 3 of 6
Xiaowiriamu
<Veteran>
Xiaowiriamu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 2:43am | Report
Not a big whisky fan but got a few bottles downstairs...

First of all lagavoulin is hella nice, had some at a BBQ once, very rich and smooth, but really strong tbh. Probably give it 7/10, but i'll recommend it :D

Jack daniels now this is the boss... very sweet taste and its not that expensive either, got LOADS OF THIS! lol!!! (stop buying me this stuff for my birthdays) >:D 10/10 easy.
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 3:48am | Report
xLiqur wrote:

It would be nice to find a good flavored whiskey :)

Got some money? Go for Laphroaig quarter cask. It ain't named the best whiskey in the world for nothin' ya know ;)

I also agree a little with you on the smoking, but when I tried it I felt almost nothing (never been smoking even normal ciggs tho) and let's not talk about that here, if at all.

@Xaio
I'll have to try Jack Daniel's. It's quite famous as far as I know.
Taste? Smoky?

@Orochi
Never even heard of Johnny Walker, but I guess it's worth a shot :3
Taste? Smoky?
Google has a job title called "Head of Black Community Engagement"..
I don't know whether to cry or laugh.. or both.
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 3:56am | Report
You can drink when you're 18 in Australia, brb hitting the pubs.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
jhoijhoi
<MOBAFire Mother>
jhoijhoi's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 4:29am | Report
Jack Daniels and Johnny Walker are Australian brands, I believe. Jack Daniels and Coke is a popular drink here. I wouldn't say either have a smoky flavour.

Bailey's, Butterscotch Schnapps and milk for me, I'm a softy :P Or Bundaberg Rum and Cola.
guide writing tips 'n tricksashes to ashesfancy a sig?

♡ sig by Tauricus2017 ♡
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 4:48am | Report
Searz wrote:

@Orochi
Never even heard of Johnny Walker, but I guess it's worth a shot :3
Taste? Smoky?

Johnny Walker is a Scottish brand. It's pretty much sold everywhere so you shouldn't have much problems finding some bottles.

I'm not very good at describing flavours... so i'll leave you with these quotes from wikipedia (ftw) xD

Quoted:

Red Label — a blend of around 35 grain and malt whiskies. It is intended for making mixed drinks. 80 proof (40% ABV), although it drinks fine on its own, being rather maltier than the other Walker colours. According to William Manchester this was the favorite Scotch of Winston Churchill, who mixed it with soda. Red Label has been reported to be former U.S. Vice President **** Cheney's drink of choice.
Black Label — a blend of about 40 whiskies, each aged at least 12 years. 80 proof (40% ABV).
Green Label — a blended malt using only four malts "drawn from the four corners of Scotland" – the intent of the blend is to deliver depth, substance and intensity. Each of the malts is selected by the blender for balance. Each malt whisky is matured for a minimum of 15 years.
Gold Label — a blend of over 15 single malts. It was derived from Alexander Walker II's blending notes for a whisky to commemorate Johnnie Walker's centenary. His original efforts were thwarted by a shortage of these malts following World War I. Gold Label is commonly bottled at 15 or 18 years.80 proof (40% ABV).
Blue Label — Johnnie Walker's premium blend. Every bottle is serial numbered and sold in a silk-lined box, accompanied by a certificate of authenticity. There is no age declaration for Blue Label. 80 proof (43% ABV). It is one of the most expensive blended Scotches on the market, fetching prices upwards of $US225 a bottle. Notable Blue Label aficionados include the late president Richard Nixon, who mixed it with Dry Ginger Ale and a slice of lemon. The world's eminent whisky reviewer, F. Paul Pacult, describes Blue Label as such: "Next to JWBlue, the Gold really shines, exposing the JWBlue for what it really is: just a very nice, ridiculously overpriced whisky".

I've never tried the Gold Label but I tried Blue Label once and I must say it was quite soft, easy to drink and quite pleasant... when I got up I kinda got hit by a truck tho (so much for it being "soft")... Around here (Portugal) you can find a bottle for around 100ish euros.

For starters i'd advise either Black Label or Green Label (older than Black Label).

Sorry for the vague description tho...

EDIT: Another brand i'd advise you to try out would be Cardhu (also Scottish Whiskey - 12yo +)
61. When in doubt, ward.
DEWO
<Retired Moderator>
DEWO's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 5:16am | Report
I prefer whisky over whiskey.

If i want to drink some i usualy go simple... Ballantine's.
Finest or the 17th blended one.
Did i help you? Click that +Rep

Thanks to jhoijhoi for the sig!
Scrax
<Retired Moderator>
Scrax's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 6:29am | Report
@Searz

Nevermind :)

I've yet to try them, sadly :(
xLiqur
<Member>
xLiqur's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 3:08pm | Report
How could I forget about Jack and Coke :)

Its famous here in the states.

Might delicous as well :)
The battleroom is ready. Liqur's hands are steady. The enemy is deadly.
orochinagi
<Member>
orochinagi's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 3:17pm | Report
xLiqur wrote:

How could I forget about Jack and Coke :)

Its famous here in the states.

Might delicous as well :)

That's a crime (whiskey + coke) that is only allowed for young whiskey... old has to be drank straight (not even ice)
50. Most importantly, yes, they Have Baron warded. No, I don't want to go for him at the moment.
Booshido
<Member>
Booshido's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 1, 2011 3:39pm | Report
scottish whiskey is called...scotch lol. and as for Jack Daniels it's from Tennessee like it says on the bottle?, lol Australia, i thought this stuff was common sense Oo.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide