Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

CAC 1 - Part 2a - Role Discussion

Creator: Jebus McAzn March 27, 2011 7:58am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2011 5:45am | Report
Well if we dont want hard CC (Y_Y) then we have to make soft CC hard?!? What about spells that jump based on proximity. For instance, I cast "Ray of STFU" and it hits one enemy champion dealing XYZ damage and silencing him for 2 seconds. After, that time is up, a distance check is done and a random enemy within XYZ distance is also silenced. It passes indefinitely or maybe 1/2/3/4/5 times scaling with skill level? That way a "" soft CC becomes a team wrecker.

My second thought is that you have champs like karma that can actually dole out good AOE damage while still supporting well. Why not make this debuffer do the same. Perhaps you could make the skills scale differently. For instance, the damage portion of the spell relies on AP. But the stun/silence/snare/MR lower would scale off of max HP or AR or something. That way you could build them tanky (think Ryze) while still creating great debuffs. As well, there are a lot of tanky caster items that could make this viable.

In that way the anti-support could be a melee.
Join me, or fall forever
Grog the troll
<Member>
Grog the troll's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2011 7:14am | Report
Karmas shield blow up gave me a great idea, im sorry, im going to throw it in here but something like inhibitors shield from bloodline champions could be awesome, that way the toon would have a hard CC but it wouldnt be a huge problem.

For the uneducated among us, inhibitors does this:
Quoted:
Shields target ally, reduces damage taken by 50%, absorbs up to 18 damage, lasts for 2.5s. Breaking the shield with damage causes an explosion; deals 12 damage and inflicts Stun on nearby enemies.

Just some food for thought.
Drawing smiley faces w/ Teemo shrooms.
mobrebel
<Member>
mobrebel's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2011 7:19am | Report
BUAHAHA!!! My idea flowed into the lol idea XD

Thanks to Scrax for my Evelynn Sig.I did the Yi, Anivia, and Udyr Sig.
Visit my signature shop! I will take requests!
http://www.own3d.tv/live/31072/Real_LoL <- My stream is UP!
TehGus
<Member>
TehGus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2011 10:22am | Report
I think he could have a mini stun and a slow, nothing more. :P

Also, something he could do would be to convert enemy healing into healing or a stat for himself.
Mowen
<Retired Admin>
Mowen's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2011 1:03pm | Report
This champ was already stated in Jet's description to be a squishy damage dealer that would be prominent in a lane. Since CAC1 will be applying on-hit effects I think it should be a range physical damage dealer rather than AP nuker. However, if this is so, would their abilities scale off AP or AD? Should we make them sacrifice damage for making their debuffs better?

If you want to spread fear and chaos you could make one of their on hit effects apply a debuff that once it's on the enemy, will transfer to the closest enemy hero every 1 second (leaving the original). The debuff would get stronger ever time it jumps. This would not only debuff the enemy team but it would be a gamechanger in teamfights because it forces the enemy team to have to reposition in a way that might put them in a bad spot.

I just wanted to say since Jet already outlined a lot of things we shouldn't change them because that's what people voted on. So it should be a squishy damage dealer in a lane.
Thanks to GrandMasterD for my sig!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2011 1:09pm | Report
If you've every played a melee DPS champion with exhaust, you'll notice exhaust is a horribly OP summoner spell that reduces damage by 70%. No matter how much damage you are doing, that is a huge amount.

When I play Yi, I crit for around 1k, 70% of that is 700; the ending up damage hovers around 300 and it's reduced even less from Armor. I feel if the champion had skills a little bit like this, it would seperate them from other champions and free up a SS slot, or you could go 'double' exhaust and if you wanted. I seriously don't want this to de-generate into what the other thread should be (skillset), but I do think i'm being vague enough in saying he/she should have something like this:

AoE debuff
Debuff + Buff in one skill (think Wit's End or Executioners on steroids)
Heal + Buff (Think Soraka)
AoE Shield + Buff

That way, they can still harass in a lane as well as other champions, but not through being the primary champion, but through having someone else with her to take advantage of what she does. Could she jungle? No, not really. You can jungle with just about any champion, but would she be a good early game, fast jungler? No. Can she counter jungle? Again, no. She would be more of a teamfight mage then anything, and without some defensive items would be ripped apart. Can she roam? Sure, if she feels like being ganked and pwned.

I feel that way she still retains her teamfighty support feel, but can actually do something to turn the tide of a fight. An AoE shield + buff in her ulty could easily help some champions get that extra hit or so in. Her skills would all scale off AP, but her Q and W would both have **** ratios for damage so you can't just get Mejai's and gg.

Also, this thread should be kept open a lot longer than the original. We are discussing after all, and we can't necessarily move on until we decide on what to do here, so we should discuss and get all the ideas out here and have the time to do that properly.

Read
<Member>
Read's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2011 2:25pm | Report
Mowen wrote:

This champ was already stated in Jet's description to be a squishy damage dealer that would be prominent in a lane. Since CAC1 will be applying on-hit effects I think it should be a range physical damage dealer rather than AP nuker. However, if this is so, would their abilities scale off AP or AD? Should we make them sacrifice damage for making their debuffs better?

If you want to spread fear and chaos you could make one of their on hit effects apply a debuff that once it's on the enemy, will transfer to the closest enemy hero every 1 second (leaving the original). The debuff would get stronger ever time it jumps. This would not only debuff the enemy team but it would be a gamechanger in teamfights because it forces the enemy team to have to reposition in a way that might put them in a bad spot.

I just wanted to say since Jet already outlined a lot of things we shouldn't change them because that's what people voted on. So it should be a squishy damage dealer in a lane.

Sounds dangerously like my comments. Though im glad you said them because they will most likely take your word much more seriously. ^_^
Join me, or fall forever
Cao
<Member>
Cao's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2011 3:01pm | Report
Idk if it has been said, ive only read a couple pages of this post, but some sort of passive that increases said champions stats or certain stat, like ap or as, but this passive increases the champs stat per aura effect the champ is receiving so it would be more attractive to get items like, aegis, soul shroud, and such and this passive wouldn't be much early game for the champ would have no auras, except maybe mana manipulator, so the champ wont be able to be a huge problem in lane, but by late game these stat changes could help the champ alot
TehGus
<Member>
TehGus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2011 3:11pm | Report
If a champion with this concept would ever be put in game as a ranged champion, it would feel terrible for who plays it and for who plays against it.
Just saying.
pennywise
<Member>
pennywise's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 29, 2011 4:56pm | Report
has the passive been decided upon yet?

because i think that if there is a lack of / need for CS potential, the champs passive could be once every X seconds when an enemy champion slays a minion within X range, no gold is rewarded to the enemy champion, and instead rewarded to CAC1 ... obviously this would need to be tweeked, due to the potential to steal blue buff from a jungler, just by literally walking up to it...

just my input for the champs passive
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide