Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

CAC 1 - Part 2a - Role Discussion

Creator: Jebus McAzn March 27, 2011 7:58am

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 3:38pm | Report
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 3:39pm | Report
when i came up with the concept, i imagined abilities to help proc something like damage + healing reduction, damage + armor reduction, kind of like you're using something like Black Cleaver but instantly forcing the full debuff on with an ability instead of hitting in succession. (and then making it more effective by using an item with the same effect as said skill)

maybe something more "unique" like a DoT related to a statistic - think like morgana's Tormented Shadow but with statistics being effected (so kind of like trundle without self benefit)

debuffing the term i would use is for something that weakens the enemy. this can be from CC to direct stat effects
Jet has been banned for trolling and blatant racism.
ShadowReign757
<Member>
ShadowReign757's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 3:40pm | Report
What if he could do something like, remove all skill related buffs from the target and deal damage + a certain amount based on how many buffs were removed?

I know we shouldn't discuss skills, but it's hard to get through this without doing that.

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.

TehGus
<Member>
TehGus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 3:47pm | Report
Jet wrote:

when i came up with the concept, i imagined abilities to help proc something like damage + healing reduction, damage + armor reduction, kind of like you're using something like Black Cleaver but instantly forcing the full debuff on with an ability instead of hitting in succession. (and then making it more effective by using an item with the same effect as said skill)

maybe something more "unique" like a DoT related to a statistic - think like morgana's Tormented Shadow but with statistics being effected (so kind of like trundle without self benefit)

debuffing the term i would use is for something that weakens the enemy. this can be from CC to direct stat effects

In LoL champion design you should avoid repeatability. Having a skill to proc this on autoattack, a skill to proc that on autoattack, and then a passive that procs another thing on autoattack is just terrible design. It could have a skill of his set + his passive related to autoattack procs, but that is all. Also, situational passives that enhance items - like "applying all stacks on a single attack" - are to be avoided, from what I know. A way to enhancing that without massive situationalism is by giving him an AS steroid. Something that also could be done would be giving him something that makes him deal multiple attacks in a brief moment with a single skill, but Renekton and Warwick already have really similar, if not the same, stuff.

One thing we could do would be to put all the "debuff on attack" stuff on his ultimate. Like when people say Trundle is an anti-tank, although only his R is an actual anti-tank skill.
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 4:21pm | Report
all lol champions have a common design point

support have a common design
carry have a common design
tank have a common design
ap carries have a common design
utility casters have common designs

every champion has similarities in their areas, so trying to make something 100% unique is stupid

all the viable ideas suggested have been pooped on because "they are similar", so what? using something for a foundation of where to build on isn't a bad idea
TehGus
<Member>
TehGus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 5:13pm | Report
Same foundation is one thing, same thing is another. D:
Trojan995
<Veteran>
Trojan995's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 5:40pm | Report
Okay, right now I think the only thing we can do without progressing to the next step is defining the buffs & debuffs that will be associated with this champion.

First off, this champion is going to be an anti-support. Supports have 3 things: Buffs ( Chronoshift Time Warp Blood Boil), heals ( Monsoon Aria of Perseverance Imbue), and shields ( Stand United Eye of the Storm Soul Shield). So... At the very least, this champion should have regeneration debuffs (much like Ignite), and then a counter to buffs and shields.

Now for debuffs... If janna's Eye of the Storm can give someone 50 AD, why can't this champion take away 50 AD? Having debuffs like the aforementioned Black Cleaver would be nice; however, there's already a lot of debuffing of other stats (except for maybe AD, which is unique to Trundle), so we'd have to come up with a unique stat to debuff. I have a few ideas in mind, but I'll save those for the skills portion.
Click for one of my awesome builds!
Thanks to Mowen, WrATHofVuLK, and AlexanPT for the signatures! Check out Tristana: The Lane Game, Maokai: The Chu8 Way, and Twisted Fate: Card Games!
TehGus
<Member>
TehGus's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 5:45pm | Report
imo his set should have a gap closer, a skill that allows him to deal damage through shields and reduce healing, and a skill that punishes people for being together. The other two, ionno.
Jebus McAzn
<Retired Moderator>
Jebus McAzn's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 5:56pm | Report
Only if CAC 1 is melee, and that's mainly what this thread is out to determine...
Jet
<Member>
Jet's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep March 28, 2011 5:59pm | Report
gap closer like direct movement (something like leblanc's skill but not as good damage/utility wise, just for placement)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide