Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Rumble - Building him Better

Creator: RaithBahMora June 14, 2011 12:55pm
1 2
RaithBahMora
<Member>
RaithBahMora's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 12:55pm | Report
I have been trying to write my own Rumble build for some time now. And I had a few questions from veterans that would know these statistics more then I would take for me to find these things out. So if anyone had information to my questions it would be greatly appreciated.

1) I have seen a few builds that try to (mildly) utilize Spell Vamp, and after trying to use them and make them work, I find that Spell Vamp (the builds usually give Hextech and thats about it) doesn't really give Rumble life, as say a Warwick attack speed life steal (Or a Yi Lifesteal). Would it stand to reason Rumble needs more Spell Vamp stacked, and if so what items? If you haven't played Rumble, his Melee attack is not Ability based, his Flamethrower is but does low damage to start, but his grapple hook and Equalizer do magic damage by the boat load. That is why I am confused why it doesn't refund a lot of life.

2) Magic Pen - What is a good number to get to? And further more, what is better to have lowering their Resist and Stacking Ability, or Magic Pen and Stacking Ability. What had better results. OR is a better answer to little from both. I have heard people say that most only get like 20 Resist or so, but then if you get someone who is stacking it or a tank who has high Armor and Magic Resist it basically makes Rumble do next to no damage and at that point is effectively useless.

3) What to do if your finding your way behind? Rumble kinda had a problem I find. Some times your top of the rankings - You are getting all the assists, or highest kill counts. You can repell 2v1's from a Turret and not go below half life. BUT then others, your down 8 deaths and haven't done anything, your 3-4 levels down and just become a liability. SO - How can we avoid this in the beginning - or tip the scales in our favor? Right now my go to items to help survivability are FoN and Hourglass - FoN for the Life regen as your running away (that with Spell Vamp works pretty nicely on minons as you pass) and Hourglass for the easy Armor and very nice Ability.

4) Finally - What Boots to get. I kinda flip flop to try and figure out what to use. Sometimes I got 20 magic Pen or the Tenacity. But, really the argument could for Ninja Tabi. And a follow up question - Do you get the boots first, or what item is your opening item. I find the starting gank to be pretty brutal if they get you slowed, or just focus you. And Lets face it, Rumble is sloooooow to start off with.

Thanks for any help you can offer!
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 4:46pm | Report
People grab Spell Vamp because it returns health from his 3 spell attacks and his overheat auto attacks. I prefer to go, Rylais->Sunfire->Abyssal as my core with whatever boots I need.

Not sure about the MP/Resist question I'll leave that for Searz.

If you're far behind try getting picks on the enemy or just sitting in a lane farming (probably mid or top so you can head to baron if you need to)

Get whatever boots you need out of these; Mercs, Tabi, Ionian, Sorcs. You don't need Swiftness when you have Rylais.
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 4:53pm | Report
I don't think spell vamp grabs health from his overheat attacks because it's technically an on-hit effect. I could be wrong about that though.
True love is found only in yourself.
RaithBahMora
<Member>
RaithBahMora's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 8:28pm | Report
Lugignaf wrote:

I don't think spell vamp grabs health from his overheat attacks because it's technically an on-hit effect. I could be wrong about that though.

See and thats what I need to figures on. I am not sure how to tell IF it is cause I am either still in flame thrower or typically not hitting. But, if come to find out it is being applied then You would, or should, add something increases your attack speed. Even if its just a little. I don't think wasting the 4 points on your build tree is worth it, but I know there are fairly good items with attack speed and ability. Nasher's tooth comes to mind.
Lugignaf
<Veteran>
Lugignaf's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 8:38pm | Report
I am at least 90% sure he does not recover HP from overheated attacks. You have Rumble, right? Just check in a custom game.
EDIT: I don't think spell vamp is as great as you think it is on Rumble. He only gets 33% of the damage done returned to him on the flamethrower and The Equalizer because they are AoE+DoTs
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 14, 2011 9:36pm | Report
I think it does since the overheat attacks deal magic damage.

Also spell vamp is great on him, because, for instance, with flamethrower, although it does 1/3 healing PER TARGET, since you will be flamethrowing a large group of minions, you actually heal a lot...

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Adonikam
<Veteran>
Adonikam's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2011 12:05am | Report
Rumbles overheat auto attacks proc Rylais, so why wouldn't it proc spell vamp?
Australians, the best gamers in the world combined with the worst ping.
wRAthoFVuLK
<Altruistic Artist>
wRAthoFVuLK's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2011 12:41am | Report
^exactly what I think.

Plus his ability description doesn't say applies on hit effects, and idk why it would since it is just added magic damage to your attacks.

EDIT: Official answer in the V1.0.0.118b patch notes:

Junkyard Titan: bonus damage on basic attacks no longer procs Rylais nor works with Spell Vamp.

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/V1.0.0.118b

Thanks to TRUeLM, Plastictree, Scrax, Xiaowiriamu, foggy12, JahGFX, jhoijhoi, msrobinson, JEFFY40HANDS, Nyoike, MissMaw, and me :) for the sigs!
Searz
<Ancient Member>
Searz's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2011 1:09am | Report
I think Rumble is someone you should be building flat MrP on. Abyssal Scepter and Sorc boots. If you built Merc Treads instead against a CC heavy team you should be building Void Staff.

Spell vamp is good, but don't build several items with it.
"I'm ebolakin. You can refer to me as Ebola-Chan." - Vurtax

"I also am Otherkin. Whenever autumn rolls around I can feel my kin-type slowly taking over my body. You must know, I identify as pumpkin. I can control it pretty good most of the time, but when September ends, I just cant hold it in anymore. Whenever Im outside I see my brothers and sisters being chopped into soup, coffee, donuts, cake, drinks, bread - ppl even cut human faces into their skin, making a mockery out of their noble appearance. When I see things like that I cant control my pumpkin urges anymore. My natural instincts kick in. I then sit down motionless, while getting bright orange." - Morgana L
JunSupport
<Veteran>
JunSupport's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep June 15, 2011 12:48pm | Report
Get a Hextech Revolver

Then build like a Vladimir.
, , , , etc..

Hard AP, with a little tankiness.
Build a hard tank item where warranted by a vicious enemy threat.
~ Gentlemen Cho'Gath ~
┌──┐
┴──┴
< ಠ,....,ರೃ>
~ Keeping this sig classy ~

Guides of Mine - Click the... Eh... Come back later

~Undergoing barbaric-Destruction, tasteful-Renovation, and blasphemous-Reconstruction soonâ„¢~
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
1 2

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide