Fizz Build Guide by Xohz
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
All my thanks to ANY knowledge I have of guide making AT ALL, goes to JhoiJhoi. Thank you so much for your guide that gave me step by step processes.
This guide is made for my four teammates who tolerated me being horrible at Fizz and watched as I became the Solo Mid Machine I am today. Catdaddyqt, Retributex, Crypteds, and SUP3RJOKER, thank you so much.
Hello, and welcome to my first guide, Xohs's guide to AP Fizz. In this guide I will attempt to teach you about many aspects of the game that make a good Fizz player...well..good!
Obviously, I will be covering such things as: ult usage, laning, ranked viability, how to use your toolkit effectively and much more. I will be updating the guide frequently as we all know there will be many tweaks to this brand new champ, and remember throughout the guide that fizz is an assassin/anti-carry/carry. Lets get started.
+ Viable anti-carry
+ High skill capped toolkit
+ Huge burst
+ Very cool and efficient ultimate
+ Dot that executes!
+ Mobile as hell
- Easy to shut down early game
- Karthus makes him cry in mid :(
- Annoying voice acting
- Too cute for a deadly champion
- Hard to master
Basic for most AP Anti Carries/Carries
The penetration will boost your damage significantly. Arguably the most important rune out of the whole list.
Greater Seal of Defense
Lets not beat around the bush
Fizz is squishy. REALLY. Squishy. Slippery end game, but still squishy. This guide aims to counteract that by giving him a good build that will allow him to do his job (anti-carry) without imploding upon impact.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Repetition is key
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
Early game dominance
Simply put, I build with reserve. There is no need to rush deathcap on this champ because lichbane gives him plenty of burst, that being said, the masteries and these quints will give you that early game power that will allow you to harass like mad and hurt while you do it.
This can be changed as you need it to be. I believe masteries are of preference (I do not like the final offense mastery, but others might), the basic idea is to keep your points mainly in the offensive tree, with the utility tree as your secondary.
[Exhaust]Too useful. Your only slow has a slight delay and it doesn't have the sheer power that this one does. But the fun part is, the slow isn't the main aspect of this spell, as it also reduces the AD damage of a target by 70%. Anti-Carry, nuff said.
[Ignite]Remember how I said early game dominance? Yeah, this is it. Not only that, but this spell has AMAZING synergy with your dot, making it more than likely to finish that target off.
[Flash]Optional, and least recommended. The nerf didn't really do much to this spell, but I never liked it, and its kinda overkill for fizz.
: One of my most favorite items in the game. When I heard the new champion was AP Melee, I knew it was meant to be. This item is also the center of this build, and is a core item, perfect for Fizz in every way.
: A core item that doesn't come until later, why? Simply put, your damage is already outrageous without this item, you should focus more on survivability. If you want, rush this AFTER Lich Bane, but never before, but my recommendation still lies within the build above.
: Utility, Survivability, and Ability Power. All in one item? My lord. This usually comes right after guardian angel, and right before Deathcap, but I could so you rushing this earlier as well. It's all situational. WHICH BRINGS ME TO MY NEXT POINTS....
: The fact is, every game is going to be different. Sometimes you'll need that penetration, sometimes you'll need that huge CC reduction. More than likely you'll end using Sorcs A LOT more. However, never forget about treads.
:Three Defensive items all serving different purposes. Mostly melee? Frozen Heart. Mostly Mages? Banshee's Veil. A good mix? Guardian Angel.
- : Need more armor? Hourglass. Need more magic resist and team utility? Abyssal Scepter. Need more mana and health? Rod of Ages. Enemy team tankier than ****? Void Staff.
Your Kit and You
FINALLY done with the technical stuff. Now is where it gets fun. I'm going to go through all of our beautiful moves and we'll discuss what they mean and do for you, and special tricks you can do this them.
- Nimble Fighter: Oh my god how I underestimated this passive when I first saw it. It gives you the ability to get away from ANYTHING. Someone chasing you hardcore? Go through your minion wave and pole vault toward your turret. PURE GOLD!
- Urchin Strike (Q): Another ridiculously good ability. This is his only ability that truly is based on AD, but it also applies on hit-affects. What does this mean for you? Ultimate Harassment (no, don't use your ultimate for harassment, thats stupid), pop your W and just push in with this Q and your improved dot is already on the target, hit it once to get rid of your sheen/lichbane proc, and the trollvault (E) out of there like nothing happened. Someone low under enemy turret? No problem, do the same rotation I just said above. Why? Because your E takes all turret aggro off you.
- Seastone Trident (W): Interesting move that doesn't look like it has a lot of depth. Oh, it does. It might be the blandest move you have, but it's also one of the strongest. Puts a execute like dot on the target that deals some of their % of missing health in the process, activate it to make it stronger. Activates Lichbane/Sheen, pretty much your main means of sustain.
- Playful / Trickster (E): The best move in the game. Period. This gives Fizz TWO gap closers, and probably the best escape in the game. You can use it to get over thin walls, you can use it to slow, you can use it to escape, you can use it to close the gap. You can use it to dive, you can use it to clear minion waves. You may max it out last, but my god it is the best move ever. It gives you the ability to harass safely AND its cooldown it stupid short end game. However, use with caution early game, because its cooldown is stupid long there, and it has a large mana cost overall.
- Chum the Waters (R): An amazing ultimate for an amazing kit. With an AP Ratio of 1-1, this is what makes you even more of an anti-carry. Find someone overextending, slap it on from a far range so they don't see it coming, you have a slow and CC coming on them, enough time to DESTROY them. See a teammate in trouble running from danger? Peel his foes off with your mighty shark. See that brand with no MR whatsoever because he's low ELO? SHARK HIM. The voice acting for this move is priceless, beautiful, and eloquent. SHARK!!!
Your Lane of Choice and Harassment and First Blood
His early farming can be a bit tedious, but you'll pick it up after a few games. Just avoid getting poked level 1-2.
Last hit until about level 2 or 3, preferably 3. At level 3 you have your full tool set, just simply W->Q in, hit them once, and then E out. Simple as that. But we all know there will be that beautiful moment where you will get them to around 50%. When this moment arises, be patient, wait for them to overextend just a little bit..then release hell.
W->Q in, exhausting and igniting if the situation looks good, and then just poke them with your spear until they die. If they go under the turret, no fear, just keep going if you know you can score the kill before they make it half way through the turret, after you're done committing, just E out and enjoy whatever you accomplished. This does not work on all mids, and there are some mids you won't be able to beat. This includes KARTHUS. Screw Karthus.
Wall of Fame.
Send me your best Fizz scores, and I'll put them up :) Here a few of mine out of the LOT I have.
This guide is a work in progress, I hope the information here has helped you, as I will be continuously updating it to make it much larger. Thanks for reading, and I hope you learned more about Fizz.