Sona Build Guide by keldinne
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Here is how to make THE ultimate aura support: take all the best aura stuff with the best aura character, make it healthy and enable it to make correct damage ... what else ?
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
aura is the secret
Faerie Charm Faerie Charm Faerie Charm Faerie Charm Faerie Charm Faerie Charm Long Sword Long Sword Long Sword Regrowth Pendant Dagger Null-Magic Mantle Cloth Armor Vampiric Scepter Vampiric Scepter Hextech Revolver Amplifying Tome
this is just to help you visualize what an ally get just by standing in your aura ... Yes it is a lot, a lot of bonus items for them ... in gank make this power x5 and its the true power of your aura ... its almost like every teammate where wearing 8 stuff ... of like gank where 6 against 5 ... just op
12 mp5 10% cdr 12 armor 15 mres 8 ad 30hp5 20% atk speed 20% lifesteal 30 ap 25% spellvamp and 20 recuced enemy armor
it give you all what you need mov speed mana and mana regen cooldown increase you summoner spell ... feel free to change it but its ok like that
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed:realy good too flee or come faster to help ally , more, you will need to back often at early game so you can do it faster
- greater mark of derstruction: you make hybrid damage
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: you will need some survivability ( a dead sona is a useless sona ... dont be useless )
- Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction: cdr is realy important (will explain)
- greater seal of defence: same as shielding
- greater seal of vitality:same
importance of cdr ( cool down reduction )
to undestand why cdr is important you must understand your skills
- Power Chord: every 3 spell extra effect on you next auto atack ... always think about what you want, damage, reduice damage or slow ... using it wisely make the difference
- [ Hymn of Valor (Q)or (A): my favorite, the best defence is atack !!! this spell is perfect for harrasment you can easily hit someone under his tower without being hit or hit someone folowing you without truning back or slowing down ... and more over it is perfect to take the kill ( some might say steal ... its the same indeed ^^)
- Aria of Perseverance (W)or (Z): // heal and make defence aura ... can save poeple and provide a weak heal ... but the heal suck that's why you will need Zeke's Harbinger it heal for you ^^
- Song of Celerity (R): // run faster help you to go back on your lane after buying stuff , help you to flee and chasing ennemy ... it also make you come faster to save some life
- Crescendo (E): // a good utli some people use it to start a gank ... its realy stupid ... keep it for when you need it the most ... and this is when 3 enemy focus you ... stun them flash out and let your ally kill em for you ... or use it to save an important carry in gank
*** you can see the aura of your spell remain 1 sec after using it ... it mean if is on and you use both will be active for 1 sec and use after this second and both will be active for 1 other second ...
with my build 1 have 4 sec cooldown it mean i make cycle of q and w and it make :
- q is active
- cast w so both are active for 1 sec
- w is active alone for 1 sec
- cast q and both are active for 1 sec
repeat this 4 sec cycle during gank will damage enemy heal ally and optimise the aura of your skill ... add some blue buff Elixir of Brilliance and extra cdr will empower this ... think about it ... it make the difference
the full stuff cost 10,7 k gold without trinity
Kage's Lucky Pick: this one is realy cool, it give you ap and gold ... you will need it *** soon as possible and sell it only to buy a piece of trinity when your fullstuff.
if u dont like
: lot of sona take the Ionian Boots of Lucidity its not a wrong choice but sona need survivability, survive a stun in a gank is priceless, flee against 2 angry ennemy is priceles folow and kill a enemy who slow you to flee is priceless ... it give you a little bit more survivability, and a dead sona is a useless sona !!!
: whatever poeple might say this is the best item to take with a sona ... the hp regen and life steal is like a heal for your ally ... atk speed and lifesteal increase every player's autoatack, and reduce enemy armor is priceless... some poeple might think its usefull only with an ad team, and they are mistaken ... Even Ryze or Annie is using auto atack so it will provide them a little bit life steal and regen ... and i dont need to explain why its powerfull for a Tryndamere or yi master
: every thing a sona need ... health ( a dead sona is a useless sona !!!) mana regen and cdr, and give mana regen and cdr to your ally ... usefull for everyone
: its oblivious you need survivability ... you gonna be targeted by enemy team and need to survive because a dead sona is a useless sona ...
give you all what you need to survive and give it to you ally ... what else ???
: now it become realy interesting, in late game your icon=Hymn of Valor size=30] dont make enought damage to kill poeple, [[annie is jealous because all ad carry ks her with they atack speed ? so sell your Doran's Ring and buy Will of the Ancients ap and vamp spell is just what you and everyone will need
: normaly you have already won the game before reaching that point ... but if the game is realy long sell your Kage's Lucky Pick to buy a piece of trinity ...
[*] my favorite are
- Sheen for the extra mana ap and its passive wich empower yourand
- Phage for ad hp and his passive ...
other cool stuff :
Deathfire Grasp : all what you need ap, cooldown, mana regen and an unique wich might hurt some tank at the begining of a gank
Shurelya's Reverie : if u took Philosopher's Stone you can take this health regen and cool down is great and his unique is cool with Song of Celerity
Abyssal Scepter : a good aura some ap and mres still usefull
if you want to be more tanky :
Frozen Heart: mana cdr armor is great for you and his aura is one more cheated stuff to give adventage to you team in gank
Guardian Angel: like Jax always say : "surprise im back" its harder to kill you and if they succed you come back ... they wont like it ^^
immagine all their team trying to kill you when your team defend you ... and once again a dead sona is a useless sona !!!
[flash]: this is one of my favorite spell enable you to flee easily your enemy ... just perfect because flash is gonna save your life and a dead sona is a useless sona !!!
[clairvoyance]: i never take ward sor cv is perfect to see what happen ... it can prevent from a trap or help ally killing enemy ( use it in a bush when an enemy hide in it and your ally kill him easier because they see him and can target him ...
you can also use spells like Clarity, Heal or Teleport but it dont like
Team Work - enemy should be afraid of the sona, sonna souldnt be afraid of
try to last hit a maximum of minions harrass enemy steal kill ( yes dare to steal kill its better for your team even if they dont know it) dont die ... ( yeah of course ) try to hit your lane tower when you can to destroy it as fast as you can
for a good harrassment use is perfect ... its good range enable you to shoot enemies under their tower without being hit proceed like this run until you reach the range of the tower press Q and run back ... you will hit them and you wont be hit ...
Destroy your tower as soon as possible and go to the other line to help your teammate destroying their tower, help them survive and kill enemy ... mid game start when you finished your Mercury's Treads your aura from your stuff are giving mana and hp regen soo you ally can stay longer in lane pushing and ganking
Try to make and steal some kill if you can, you are gonna need some money
its realy simple ... gank gank and gank ... you will have a big part of your stuff ... depending on the game defend or atack with the rest of you team stay alive in the gank and try to help but don't take too much risk ...
And rememeber a dead sona is a useless sona !!!
this build is realy good in dominion too
start with Prospector's Ring Boots of Speed Mana Potion Health Potion
its even more powerfull than in normal games ...
stay with an ally and go top for the begining
take spot and support you ally ... its still a win
you can take Ghost instead of Flash
Pros / Cons
+ great aura
+ good survivability ( at least for a Sona)
+ some correct damage
+ cheap but powerfull stuff
+ easy to build and play
+ your team will love you
- you will be targeted and focus
- no place for ward
- be alone might be dangerous
- you need to ks to buy your stuff ... some noob dont like it
- you are healthy but not tanky
- you dont make enought dps to kill in 1vs1
"Thanks to JhoiJhoi! Her epic guide can be found here...!"$
thanks to redmercy for his video
and thanks to Devilight for epic duo