Fiddlesticks Build Guide by Odd Gnome
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Fiddle the Diddle
Hello Mobafire community, My name is Odd Gnome and I got to level 30 on the NA server in 2 1/2 months without any boosts. This is my first guide so please don't be to harsh.
This guide will feature the master of disaster himself: Fiddlesticks The Harbinger of Doom!
Fiddlesticks is my favorite jungler and second favorite mid lane champion. I first tried Fiddlesticks on a F2P week just like most champions and at first I truley wasn't the biggest fan of him. Then again I was only level 10, so still learning how to play. But around level 20 I decided I would give Fiddle one more try and I haven't regreted it. Fiddlesticks is just an all around incredible champion due to the many abilities he has. He lanes, he can gank like a pro, and probably the best...HE CAN SUSTAIN JUNGLE FOREEEEEEEEEEVER!
So after a few months of maining Fiddle, I think i've come up with my style of playing him that people of the community may enjoy.
I thought long and hard about this build deciding what would be the best items, runes, and skill sequence so I would appreciate any feedback the community may be willing to offer.
List of abbrevations:
CC= Crowd Control
HP= Health (duh)
MP= Magic Penetration
AP= Ability Power
MPS= Mana Per Second
MS= Movement Speed
MR= Magic Resist
CDR= Cooldown Reduction
SV= Spell Vamp
Pros and Cons...Wait Cons? "Fiddlesticks doesn't have any!"
+DOUBLE CC LIKA BAWS: Silence with Dark Wind and Fear with Terrify
+Sustained Jungling with Drain
+ Only good AP Carry who jungles well.
+ Ultimate destroys everyone it touches! Crowstorm
+Can turn a game around with Crowstorm
-Very Very Squishy Early game
-When Jungling Blue Buff is an absolute must! Stolen and your gonna have a bad time.
-Somewhat slow jungler unless you know what your doing.
-Ultimate can be interrupted!
-Early game mana is reeeeeeeeeeeeeally limited. (Use Wisely)
Masteries Explained. "Who needs masteries while playing Fiddle?!"
Yes, Yes we understand Fiddlesticks is epicsauce and stuff but he, like most other champions requires some masteries to be INCREDIBLE like he is supposed to be. I take these masteries to do great damage early game to make sure you can farm and last hit to make for sure you can end up with your end of game build. Other then that you can do some pretty BA damage to your enemy mid champ and make for sure that you can survive and that is why we take 21/0/9.
As you can probably tell this is kind of similar to your laning masteries, but this time we took 21/9/0 to give us some defence for early game and sustain us in the jungle. Then our offencive masteries will provide us with HUGE amounts of damage with both Crowstorm and our Drain.
Now for the Runes to RUIN! Your enemies game. (get it? Ruin, Rune?)
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Scaling Mana Regeneration
Greater Glyph of Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
Pretty standard stuff when it comes to playing someone like Fiddlesticks. This gives him a ton of ability power to do massive amounts of damage, Magic penetration to get that massive damage in, and mana to make sure you can do that massive amount of damage! MUHAHHAHAHA TONS OF DAMAGE-Phreak.
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
Alright so these runes are a little different from the laning ones, you still have the Greater Quintessence of Ability Power to give us that extra 14-15 ability power at the beginning of the game. But now we have Greater Seal of Armor to give us an armor boost for taking on them creeps. Also we now have Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction to give us cooldown reduction for using our Drain quicker while we roam through the jungle.
Abilities That Will Make the Enemy Team Poop Themselves
Explaining the Abilities
Dread is Fiddle's Passive ability. It Reduces an Enemies magic resist by 10. Meaning that your spells will be a ton more effective.
- Very useful early game due to the fact the enemy has barely any magic resist.
- Abyssal Scepter reduces Magic Resist making them a deadly combo.
Terrify your Q induces the enemy with a crowd control effect named Fear: He or she will run randomly for 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 seconds. This skill comes in handy when trying to land a Drain on an enemy champion for a quick heal.
- As said above, you can use your Terrify in combonation with Drain to get a quick health regen and put some space between you and your enemy laner.
- Does not work on any jungle monsters, be aware.
- Use it to escape from a bad situation.
Drain Your (W) drains health from and enemy target for 5 seconds dealing 60/90/120/150/180 + 45% of your AP damage and heals you for 60/65/70/75/80% of the damage done to the target enemy.
- Use Drain quite a bit to stay in lane longer than the enemy laner. No need to waste time recalling when you could just heal.
- Because Drain heals Fiddlesticks it keeps you throughly sustained in the jungle.
- Watch out for enemy crowd control. It will cause your drain to stop.
Dark Wind is Fiddles (E). Fiddlesticks throws a crow from his hand to enemy target bouncing to 5 other targets in the nearby area. It deals 65/85/105/125/145 + 45% of your AP damage per bounce and in addition will silence all targets hit by the crow for 1.2 seconds!
- Dark Wind can bounce to the same enemy multiple times. Remember that when farming.
- Dark Wind can be used when your being chased to silence the enemy champions to stop them from using abilities on you.
Crowstorm is your (R). It channels for 1.5 seconds then it will flash Fiddlesticks to the location you specify as a large amount of crows fly around him dealing 125/225/325 + 45% of your AP damage to all the enemies in the area of effect.
- Only use Crowstorm on multiple enemies that are low health. Never use on single enemies or enemies with a large amount of health left.
- Always begin ganks with Crowstorm to ensure a successful gank try to Terrify an enemy champion inside your Crowstorm's range.
- Always remember never to waste your Crowstorm because it has a very long cooldown even with your CDR masteries and Runes.
- Remember that Crowstorm takes time to channel and can be interrupted by crowd control effects. Make sure to only use Crowstorm when you know it is safe.
When laning Fiddlesticks, it is best to put 1 point into each skill in your first 3 levels so you have them all useable to harass your enemy laner. I like maxing Drain first to ensure i'm very hard to kill. And remember to always put your points into your ultimates at 6,11, and 16 to get it as powerful as possible as quick as possible.
As you can tell this is quite a difference. You max your Drain very quickly because you are jungling and you want to have the ability to sustain in the jungle. As you can see I take 1 point in Dark Wind at level 2 and leave it until the end when I max it last and I max terrify by level 13 because that is around the time you should be out of the jungle helping your team push a lane(if the game goes well) or defending (if you aren't doing so well).
Of course these are just my opinions of the ability sequence you could use but make your own decisions if you don't happen to like mine.
"Who needs Summoner Spells?! YOUR FIDDLESTICKS!"
Well yes Fiddlesticks is quite amazing but like most champions it does help to have them.
- Flash: I use flash as mostly an escape mechinism. Everyone needs to run once in a while and this is the spell to do just that.
- Ghost: I use ghost as another escape mechinism due to the fact Fiddlesticks is very squishy and this will allow you to keep yourself alive in a pinch.
- Ignite: is good for getting early game kills and is for a more agressive champion all around but still viable.
- Smite: ONLY TO BE USED IF JUNGLING.
- Clarity: Really only useful early game to make for sure you dont run out of mana. For the new Fiddlesticks players only.
Gameplay..."What? Do all my titles have to be funny?"
With your start of game 475 gold depending on what you're doing (Jungling, Laning) pick from these 3 options
- Doran's Ring (laning)
- Amplifying Tome+ 2 Health Potion(lane or jungle)
- Sapphire Crystal + 3 Health Potion (lane for those who love abilities)
For my style of gameplay I like to go with the second build to give myself a little boost of AP at the beginning of the game.
Alright so lets get into a game. You bought your first items and your walking to your lane (mid of course) and your waiting for the minions to spawn so you can begin farming. This whole section will be based on mid laning.
So upon getting level 2 unlock your Dark Wind for better farming.
Try to sustain yourself until around level 7/8 to make sure you have some good cash flow and try to avoid recalling until then, but if you are low health and out of potions with low mana it is perfectly fine to recall. If you do grab Boots of Speed and a Ruby Crystal to give yourself a little more health and some movement speed until you can build your Sorcerer's Shoes. If you didn't have to recall you should recall at your level 7/8 come back and grab a catalyst the protector and Sorcerer's Shoes for a boost of mana and health and a huge movement speed boost.
After staying in lane until about level 12 or so recall home and grab yourself a Blasting Wand or if you can afford it, your Rod of Ages.
By the time you reach level 15 or so you should have already been able to afford your Void Staff and a Needlessly Large Rod. At this point it shouldnt take long for you to get your Rabadon's Deathcap and Zhonya's Hourglass. After that just start saving for your Abyssal Scepter and your build is now complete! Now go out and finish that game!
For the jungling section i'm using a picture from Naheer's Guide: Suprise! An-In Depth AP Fiddlesticks Guide to show you my route to take with jungle Fiddlesticks
1. You want to start out at Ancient Golem camp. Get a teammate to leash the Golem and take it down with your Drain and Smite and you should now be level 2 and should unlock Dark Wind.
2. Go to the Wolf Camp. Drain the main Wolf to death and attack the small Wolves and possibly Drain the last Wolf.
3. Go to the Wraith camp. Use Dark Wind to deal a large amount of damage to all the Wraiths and then Drain the big Wraith to Dark Wind the last Wraiths. Now you should be level 3 and you should grab either your first point in Terrify or your second point in Drain.
4. Go to the Small Golems camp. Drain the big golem to kill it and then Drain and auto attack the small Golem to finish them.
5. Now you should almost be level 4 so you should take your next point in Terrify. Try to do a quick gank either mid or bottom lane then recall back home.
6. After healing up and buying anything you might be able to afford its time to go grab Red Buff! Go to the Lizard Elder camp and use Dark Wind to deal the first amount of damage so it effects the small lizards aswell. Drain the lizard elder about 2 times to get him low then use your Smite to finish him off!.
After you get Red buff you start the circle over again and unlock your Crowstorm and begin ganking lanes whenever your Crowstorm comes off cooldown. Try to stay around the same level as your team mates...Never get underleveled.
Wrapping Up. "He's Not Santa You friggen Fairy. He's FIDDLESTICKS"
Well thank you everyone for reading my first guide. I hope this give you an idea of how to play Fiddlesticks for the better. So go out there and START OWNING!
- johijohi: for the How to make a build guide.
- Naheer: for the jungle route
- And for anyone else i may have taken somethings from
Please give me feedback if you find something incorrect or you believe could be added to.