Support build for Thresh
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Threats to Thresh with this build
|Draven||You counter this guy pretty hard. Just aim you hook at the marks on the ground where his axes land. And if he doesn't go into the hook, he lost the axe - worth it no matter what. But watch out for the Q damage early - it's pretty high. But if you take his axes by hooking him he's no challange at all.|
|Kog'Maw||This guy has a very weak earlygame. Go all in when you're level 2.|
|Kled||Poke this guy as much as you can from level 1 - go for him at level 2. His earlygame is really bad. Just remember that he becomes untargetable when he dismounts.|
First of all thank you so much for checking out my guide. I spend a long time making this as accuate as possible, so I hope it helps some of you out there. I've been maining Thresh for a long time now so I desided to make a guide on him. He is my favorite champion after all :)
I've listed everything in the notes to the different sections of the guide - look in the taps with Runes, Items etc. and find the notes there. Below will be some general things about Thresh. I appologize in advance for any spellingmistakes. Have a nice read :)
Also please leave feedback for me or things I can add to it. The more details the better :)
Pros / Cons
1) He has a ton of CC and peel
2) His kit can be used to both engage and disengage very well
3) His kit is generelly easy to understand
4) His basic comboes are easy
5) He can be used in any elo if you get good enough
1) He needs to land his hook
2) He lags armor in the early game because of his passive
3) His hook moves very slow comparred to other skillshots
There are a few comboes you need to know on Thresh:
1) Q - E - R. This is your most basic combo and the one you will use the most. It's a good engage combo if the enemies are afraid of you.
2) Q - R - E. This is used if your opponents aren't running away from you. Here you force them to go into the walls of your ultimate. In combo number 1 they would run into it.
3) W - Q - E - R. This is the same as combo number 1, but here you bring an ally with you.
4) W - Q - R - E. This is the same as combo number 2, but here you bring an ally with you.
1) Once your hook connects it pulls the enemy towards you twice - make full use of this by not jumping in before woth pulls has been done. This maximizes the effectivness of your CC.
2) While an ally is going towards you on the lantern, you can go towards a hooked enemy and by doing so bring the ally with you. You need to time this so that the ally clicks the lantern, then you go to your target and the ally will follow to your location. Remember: the lantern will go to your current location - not the location you where at when the ally clicked it.
3) You can use point number 2 to get a good AOE ally into the enemy team in a teamfight. If you get an Amumu in with you, you just won the teamfight.
4) Always abuse the passive on your E to autoattack in lane. Keep doing this every time the passive is up. You can see it's up by looking at the buff bar above your abilities - use it when it's red.
5) Your E can cancel dashes but not blinks. You can stop things like a Tristana W, a caitlin E etc. but not things like Ezreal E or a Flash. This is the main thing that makes Thresh great at disengaging. His R can also help that.
Thresh is good with early game ADC's with a high Damage output, ADC's with traps in any way, ADC's with utility and ADC's with high poke.
If you pick Thresh with an early game snowballer like Draven you'll just see the enemy's healthbar disappear whenever you hook and Draven uses his axes.
If you pick Thresh with any ADC with traps, you can hook them and drag them onto the traps. This will help your ADC a lot.
Thresh also works well with Ashe as more of a utility ADC, because of the slow. It makes it easier for Thresh to land his hooks and with all that CC the enemies will surely be scarred.
Lastly an ADC with high poke can also work well with Thresh. If you hook an enemy and you have a Caitlin as ADC she will land her Q and maybe even E while the enemy is in your CC. At least the Q will be landed and if you just keep hooking them and Caitlin Q them it's a great combo.
As for team compositions I would go with some AOE like an AOE jungler to make it easy for them to land the AOE like and Amumu R. You also want to consider picking Thresh if you have a team (or just the ADC) with focus on early game such as Draven.