Evelynn Build Guide by MysticalZelda
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
// Evelynn has received her rework and some buffs lately. Now she has the ability to be a viable jungler. High movementspeed and stealth allows you to gank often and ignore sight wards. This is my third guide on Moba. Hope you enjoy it.
// The new Evelynn allows you to jungle speedly and run around the jungle, ganking and helping out teammates. The new stealth makes sure you are easily undetected and also allows you to not make mistakes and just run into the enemy team and forgetting they have an oracle. Oracles don't really counter you anymore, only pink wards.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Pros / Cons
Pros / Cons
+ // Fast jungler
+ // Not detected by wards
+ // Easy ganker
+ // Good map control
+ // Good 1vs1er
+ // Build in anti-slow
- // Vision wards kill you
- // Needs farm/gold to be strong
- // Has no big CC
- // Is bad against a lot of CC
// Pretty standard masteries. You really NEED 9/21/0. This will have you survive your jungle and with these tanky masteries you can gank every lane, even bot. In the defense tree get the extra movement, that way you can run from lane to jungle and back faster. Since you need the farm and ganks it is best.
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed: // Evelynn is this high sleath and speedy jungler. Extra movementspeed makes her faster at everything, getting to lanes to gank, getting to camps. She really needs that and these quints help you a lot with that.
- greater mark of Desolation + Greater Mark of Magic Penetration: // Evelynn is a hybrid champion, so both of these marks help her deal extra damage while ganking.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: // Gives you that extra tanky-ness you need.
- Greater Seal of Armor: // Also gives you extra tanky-ness and you receive less damage from the jungle
[Smite]: // Helps you with jungling. Gives you an extra boost of damage on minions. Can also help you with last-hitting main goals like Baron, Dragon and buffs. This is why you need to use this.
[Exhaust]: // Best spell for ganking. Some free CC. Use this when you don't have Red Buff and a kill is guaranteed. Also helps you ganking bot lane.
[Flash]: // Use flash when you need the extra mobility, which is rare since you still have Dark Frenzy, but you can exchange Exhaust for Flash if they for example have a Jarvan.
- Shadow Walk: // When Evelynn is out of combat she will turn invisible for all enemys and sight wards. She can then only be seen whit certain abilities, like traps and such, or by vision wards or when she comes too close to an enemy champion. You'll see the range when enemies can spot you all the time when you walk around invisible.
When you run around invisible you'll regen mana faster. This is really nice for when you're ganking you'll regain some mana to use to clear camps. When you find balance, you never run out of mana.
This is such an amazing passive! You can gank every lane without being seen by any sight ward. Only if your enemy actually buys Vision Wards. And that is extra gold they spend, plus they don't always buy 'em. The range of when enemies see you is fairly nice and you'll always see it, so you can easily circle around enemies and position yourself well enough to attack then and charge in.
Mind that whenever you use an ability your Shadow Walk fades, so when you sprint with Dark Frenzy you'll turn visible as well.
- Hate Spike (Q): // This is a huge spam ability. It has a very low cooldown and does magical damage in a line. It will hit the enemy you last attacked and from you to the enemy it hits all enemys between. So try to use this in your favour. Especially when jungling. This way you can hit multiple creeps at a time. Watch the video in the beginning to see what I mean.
Also, since it has higher range then your auto-attacks use this when you're ganking. It will apply red buff. So stealth up to an enemy champion, attack them and then just spam Q. You'll keep applying the slow at a higher range then your autoattacks, if they run faster then you.
- Dark Frenzy (W): // This spell is really nice to close gaps, run through the jungle and run away from enemys. You'll passively get faster when you hit an ability, and when you activate it all your slows are removed and get an extra movement speed buff. It pretty much says when you can use this and how.
Note though that when you use this, your Shadow Walk turns OFF, so be carefull and not get seen when you don't want to.
- Ravage (E): // You deal two hits and then get an attackspeed buff. This spell is really nice to clear the jungle faster and deal extra damage. Just always spam this when it's up.
- Agony's Embrace (R): // Your only build-in CC. You deal damage in an area and all the champions hit will get slowed, also for every champion hit you'll get a shield. Nice little ultimate for ganking, but it's not the best CC. You can best use this when ganking, especially under the tower. You can also use this ability to escape. Both the shield and slow will serve you well then. In teamfights it's really usefull as well. The shield will get huge if you hit all enemies, so it's really rewarding to save it for teamfights.
Ability Sequence Order
Ability Sequence Order
// Always level up your ulimate when it's up. Then Hate Spike, since that is your main source of damage and aoe. After that level up Ravage, because it's your second damage spell. You don't need an early high level in Dark Frenzy, because it's only good for movementspeed. You don't get a really lower cooldown for leveling it earlier.
: // Of course. The basic for almost every jungler. The extra minion damage works great with Ravage. Also gives you a free ward. Make sure you always have this ward on the map.
: // Like I mentioned a lot in this guide, Evelynn is a speedy sleathy champion. These boots help you as most to run around the map, gank, get objectives and kill creeps. You can replace these boots with Mercury's Treads if the enemy team has a lot of CC. End-game it especially doesn't hurt to replace them with Mercury's Treads.
: // Gives you everything you need. Attack speed, movement speed, ability power and some tankyness with damage. Perfect item for Evelynn.
: // Magic Resistance, Attack speed, extra damaga. I love Wit's End. And it works amazing on Evelynn.
: // Another perfect hybrid item for Evelynn. Will give you the extra sustain in teamfights and also extra damage.
: // I am getting all the hybrid items. And they all work extreamly well on Evelynn. The attack speed of the rageblade just works so well with Evelynn. Though, if you need extra tanky-ness replace this with Guardian Angel
- : // The movement speed from Lich Bane is really nice on Evelynn. Especialy late-game, when you get rid of the Boots of Mobility. The extra damage when you use an ability helps you deal some burst damage as well. Good item.
How to Jungle as Evelynn
How to Jungle as Evelynn
- You start at the wolves. Ask your team to help with the wolves and leash the blue golom. You can scout around for ganks while youre invisible.
- Get the bluebuff. Spam your Q and smite early.
- Do the wraits
- Go do golems to wait for your smite.
- Then do red buff, use your smite when it's up.
- After that look for a gank. With red buff you can basically gank every lane.
- When your camps are up, go do those through your ganks.
- When you get too low and don't have pots go back and buy your second items. Continue clearing up camps and ganking. Maybe even scout for the enemy jungler.
// Ganking is pretty easy as Evelynn. You don't need to neccesarly think about the enemy team having wards, only if your team spots a pink ward. Try avoid those. Also make sure you walk through the spots where wards can be placed INVISIBLE, else they will still see you.
Ping the enemy you're going for, then try and sneak up to them. Make sure your range circle doesn't hit the enemy, so they can see you. It's best to sneak up behind them and then attack then. If they run away and you don't have red buff exhaust them.
It's not important to straight up kill the enemy, since you're no burst ganker. Flashes burned are already a huge advantage. You can always pretend to run away, get invisivle and gank again. This works really well. Since you're not dependend on skill or cooldowns you can gank a few times after another. And maybe even help zoning lanes.
// Make sure when you are with your team you're invisible, because that way the enemy team also doesn't know you're with them. During the poking from team to team, try and avoid the enemy poke and make sure you stay in your invisible mode. Let your allies poke and kill minions.
Then when you enter the teamfight, follow up with your iniciator. Try and hit every enemy with your ultimate, then try get to the enemy AD carry or AP carry and attack them. Make sure they get bursted or at least wont be able to enter the teamfight. Watch out if you get focussed, unless you get the tank-build.
If you got the tank build you can iniciate. Run invisible up to the team and ultimate them. Try and take damage for you team while you try and go for their carrys and of course let your team do the damage for you.
// Overal Evelynn right now is a very stable jungler. She isn't the high CC tanky jungler, but the high movementspeed, invisible jungler. She is fast in every way and is very easy to gank with. If you build her this way, you'll definatly get succes.
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here
Credits to you for reading and hopefully voting and commenting (: