Janna General Guide by Kitloo
Not Updated For Current Season
Hello, my name is Kitloo. I main the role support, and this is my very first guide on Mobafire. And I would like to show you how I play Janna I hope this guide helped you become a better Janna player or, even helped you at least.
Pros & Cons
- Good peel
- Can shield turrets
- Great disengage
- Okay poke
- Shield gives AD
- Passive gives speed boost
- Three of her abilities are cc
- Fastest Support
- Can be played with every ADC
- Naturally Squishy
- No sustain besides her ult
- Weak laning phase Janna is a late game champ
- Short auto-attack range
- Bad engage
- Low damage
- High cooldown
Greater Mark Of Armor 9x
Greater Seal Of Armor 9x
Greater Glyph Of Magic Resist 9x
Greater Quintessence Of Gold 9x
- Janna summons a mighty whirlwind, which she can release to deal 60 / 85 / 110 / 135 / 160 (+35% of ability power) + 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 (+10% of ability power) (for each second it charges) magic damage to all targets in it's path, in addition to knocking them into the air for 0.7 seconds and an extra .1 second for each second charged. The damage done and distance traveled by the whirlwind also increases for each second it channels to a maximum of 3. This is good for interrupting spells like Leona's Zenith Blade, Tristana's Rocket Jump, Lee Sin's Resonating Strike, etc.
- Passive: Increases Janna's movement speed by 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 (+10% of ability power) %, and allows her to move through units.
Active: Janna launches her elemental at the target dealing 60 / 115 / 170 / 225 / 280 (+50% of ability power) magic damage, and slowing their movement speed by 24 / 28 / 32 / 36 / 40 (+16.67% of ability power) % (max 80 %) for 3 seconds. Janna loses the passive benefit while Zephyr is on cooldown. Zephyr is Janna's main source of speed and providing her the ability to move through units. Do not use this spell when being chased by more than 1 person. But if you're being chased by 1 person, you should use this spell.
- Janna shields her target, absorbing 80 / 120 / 160 / 200 / 240 (+70% of ability power) damage and buffs them, increasing their attack damage by 14 / 23 / 32 / 41 / 50 (+10% of ability power) for 5 seconds (can target Turrets) or until the shield is broken. This shield is like a B.F. Sword with additional AD. Goes well with Ardent Censer.
Recommended Summoner Spells
- Even though Flash has been nerfed A LOT. It's one of the best summoner spells, it can be used to escape, or picking up kills. (People still flash-fail). The cooldown for this summoner is 5 minutes.- This is useful for taking away the enemy's damage, movement speed, and attack speed. Exhaust is 3.5 minutes.
Heal - This is good only if your ADC took ignite or something other than heal. Because heal doesn't stack until a few minutes. The cooldown on this summoner spell is 4 minutes.
Clarity I do not recommend this, Janna doesn't have mana problems unless you spam her tornadoes (Don't spam them). I rarely use this.
Garrison This isn't dominion. Unless you're playing dominion, use this if you want.
Ghost If you don't have flash, this would be a good replacement. Like ghost to land your slow to pick up a kill.
Revive I never use this summoner. No need to explain.
Cleanse Maybe get this against champions with lots of cc?
Smite Only if you're going jungle.
Barrier You don't need this. You have a shield, a better shield.
Teleport If you're planning to roam a lot, get this.
Ignite If you're going aggressive, this would be your friend.
Clairvoyance For vision, if you'd like.
THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HELPING YOU BECOME A BETTER JANNA
There are sorcerers who give themselves over to the primal powers of nature, forgoing the learned practice of magic. Such a sorceress is Janna, who first learned magic as an orphan growing up amidst the chaos that is the city-state of Zaun. Janna eked out what living she could on the streets. Life was tough and dangerous for the beautiful young girl, and she survived by her wits, and by stealing when wits weren't enough. The rampant magic that characterizes Zaun was the first and most alluring tool which Janna realized could both protect and elevate her. Janna discovered she had a affinity for a particular type of magic - the elemental magic of air. She mastered her studies of air magic in a matter of months, almost as if she was born of it. Janna went from a street vagrant to an avatar of air virtually overnight, stunning and surpassing those who taught her. Such a rapid ascension also changed her physical appearance, giving her an otherworldly look.
Seeking to right the injustice in the world (particularly the insanity that has become the city of Zaun). Janna has brought her talents to the League. She is a voice for the regulation of magical experimentation and a supporter of the development of techmaturgy, making her a indirect ally of the city-state of Piltover and the amazing techmaturgical minds that live there. Janna is also a favorite of the League's many fans. She is often the center of attention at functions, fan appreciation days, and other celebratory events. There is something untouchable about Janna, however, and her affections can change as quickly as the wind.
Do not be captivated by Janna's beauty. Like the wind, she is one gust away from a terrible destruction.
In early game , Janna has a weak laning phase, because she is a late game champion. You should buy your items and leash your jungler. Unless they're starting somewhere else, or your jungler is Shaco. While leashing, give your jungler a shield. Means fast clearing, and more ganks. And go to lane, start auto-attacking, but do not do it too often or it will get you killed. Because of the Bandit you will get free money for your auto-attacks. Practice on shielding at the right time for your ADC. The more damage you absorb with your shield, the longer your ADC can stay in lane. Focus on shielding and poking right now. Ward with your Trinket or Stealth Ward.
In mid-game, you should focus on warding and shielding most of the time. You don't want to be ganked, ward the river and other places which are important. Example : baron , dragon , and Blue, Red buffs. This is the time where Janna is slightly better in lane.
This is the time where Janna shines. Peel for your ADC, and if your ADC doesn't do damage, find someone who does. Yes, it's wrong to do that, but it's better if 5 people gank a worthless ADC rather than someone ganking a really fed team mate.
Advice & Tips
1. DO NOT SPAM YOUR TORNADOES - Yes, it is poke. But it doesn't do much damage and you may miss. Janna doesn't have mana problems unless you spam your tornadoes. Your tornadoes don't do much damage and it costs quite a bit of mana.
2. IF POSSIBLE, ALWAYS DIE FOR YOUR ADC - A ADC that does more damage than a support is more worth. If you're low, and your ADC is almost getting hit by Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole, Flash to take it for him, or run to take it even if it means your death. It depends who you're peeling for, because if your ADC is worthless, it's probably not worth.
3. COMMUNICATING WITH YOUR TEAM IS IMPORTANT - Instead of giving mean remarks, give constructive criticism, there's a chance they might listen to you. With no communication, there isn't much teamwork.
4. YOU'RE THE BABYSITTER FOR YOUR TEAM - Yes, you're the babysitter. Motivate your team, don't be negative, don't complain, don't get all mad when your ADC misses cs.
5. DON'T ALWAYS TRY TO SAVE PEOPLE - Yeah, it's good trying, but you don't want the enemy to get a double kill, would you? But you should still try saving people. ( Situations where people seem save-able.)
Thank You For Reading !!
Thank you for reading my first guide on Mobafire. I would love it if you guys can tell me what you thought, or things that I should fix. I hope this guide helped you play Janna better, or if you learned something.