Ziggs Build Guide by xR00K13x
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Season 3 Changes
Fed Enemy Team
Not Updated For Current Season
He is blessed with Great Burst Damage, Massive Range and a Game Changing Ultimate
Also HE IS CRAZY AND HE THROWS BOMBS WOOOOO!!!!
This is my quick guide on how i set up Ziggs
There are many other ways to pick Ziggs and you can go into massive detail on things like Masteries and Runes but that has already been done and makes the average guide way too long.
If you want a massively in depth Build or need help with how to defeat a particular champion go straight to the top of the list and see http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/ziggs-an-in-depth-nuclear-apocalypse-180165#chapter2 by Agony. Seeing as that is the top guide you probably have already looked at it and are here because you are looking for something new. When I first played Ziggs I checked his guide out and did learn a lot from it, so if you haven't seen it and need a more detail on some of the picks check it out.
This build caters for more experienced players within League of Legends.
I will try to only go into detail on things that really need explaining.
Saves you from having to sift through all the simple stuff and get right to good stuff in the build.
Just wanted to add a big thank you to jhoijhoi for her Build on how to Build Builds :-P
Hope You enjoy the read!
Pros / Cons
- All Spells do AOE Damage - Even each individual mine can hit more than one enemy!
- Low Cooldown of Stupidly High Range Poke.
- High AP Scaling Values.
- He Is Crazy!!! I <3 Crazy
- Creep Farming Super Easy.
- Jump Walls / Into and out of Bases
- AMAZBALLS ULTIMATE You can perform a cross map snipe with a Nuclear Bomb! Your Ability to time Mega Inferno Bomb can and will change the outcome of the game.
What Makes Ziggs Difficult :-(
- Squishy - If your not great a dodging or have bad placement in team fights you will Die, ALOT!
- Skill Shots - Skill Shots Everywhere. Not good at Skill shots DONT PICK ZIGGS! Stop reading the build and go pick Taric or Yi
- Satchel Charge Will randomly fail at getting you over the wall. You will Be enraged by this at the time.
- Missing Mega Inferno Bomb will make you look like a complete Nub and can lose you the Team Fight / Game.
- Good Enemy's Will Focus on You! Good players know how devastating Ziggs can be if played well so be prepared for all kinds of Tower diving tactics.
Runes are really up to your personnel play style.
I'm not going to tell you that you must have this exact Rune Set. There will be other combinations that will work well.
- Greater Quintessence of Magic Penetration x 3. Having Magic Penetration standard in your Runes gives your abilities True Damage early game.
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration x 9. Why so much Magic Penetration you say??? More Magic Pen Saves Money on forking out for a Void Staff. These runes give you 36 Magic pen after purchasing Sorcerer's Shoes. That money can be spent on a survival Item Like Zhonya's Hourglass or Rylai's Crystal Scepter or The Newbie Liandry's Torment to put u up at 56 Magic Pen.
- Greater Seal of Scaling Ability Power x 9. Ability Power per Level is an easy choice for any AP Carry. Makes you hit harder :-) To Begin with more defensive runes can be helpful. I often finish a game with ZERO deaths with this rune set although this takes loads of practice. Don't be afraid to grab some Greater Seal of Armour runes instead of a Greater Seal of Scaling Ability Power until you are more confident.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist x 9. Little Magic Resistance is always good for when u get hit by one of those pesky long range pokes. Ahri Elise -_-
This is just how you level your skills. I will have another section called Pro Tips and Tricks on how to use these skills effectively.
- Passive: Short Fuse <3 this passive. You can use this to better farm early. Also a great Poke early game when mana is short. If you are a good farmer you can just hit your enemy laner with it. You will both be surprised at the extra it adds :-) Late Game it really comes into its own with Lich Bane
- 1st: Q Bouncing Bomb Major Damaging Tool, Small Cooldown, Great Range, Easy Choice
- 2nd: E Hexplosive Minefield Load the damage on those mines up.
- 3rd: W Satchel Charge Really Just a Utility Skill. You can use for damage in large team fights if u really need but only if your %100 sure your not gonna get focused after using it. One of the best getaway / chasing spells in League.
- At Levels: 6/11/16 R Mega Inferno Bomb The real reason everyone Loves / Hates Ziggs.
Pretty Simple Stuff Here 21-0-9. Offensive Tree pretty standard for a AP Carry.
A few changes that you could make are.
Changing 2 points from Havoc for Butcher .
Helps with Last hitting before u get Needlessly Large Rod and your Bouncing Bomb is killing all 3 of the ranged creeps in a go :-).
Your choice between Expanded Mind and Mastermind . Remember Expanded Mind is only Flash and Ignite, not all spells.
- Boots of Speed, 2x Health Potion & Mana Potion Your choice here depends on your dodging confidence and who you will be laning against. Choose this if they have a good skill shot / poke or are fast ( Ahri, Gragas, Lux)
- Doran's Ring Laning against a slower Champion, Poke easier to dodge ( Morgana, Vladimir - Any Melee Champ), confident with your dodging ability grab a Doran's Ring.
If you didn't pick up Boots of Speed you MUST now!!!
- Needlessly Large Rod This is the best option if you can afford it. Lots of Damage Really makes them want to stay away from your bombs. Gives your ultimate a real Punch!
- Can't afford a 1600 you have two choices. Ask yourself this question. Are you running out of Mana(a) or Health(b)?
- Wards Win Games. Stick one on one side of the Brush at mid and when you pushing for CS or slightly over extending stay close to that side of the brush.
- Finish of the rest of your gold with with Potions of your Choice. I grab Mana Potions at this point of the game.
- Sorcerer's Shoes are a must at this point for both the movement speed bonus and the Magic Pen
- Needlessly Large Rod $1600 for 80 Ability Power You need This early so your Bouncing Bomb will kill all three of the back creeps Full health. Makes Cs so much easier.
- Rabadon's Deathcap Is your 1st Big Buy. Loads of Damage to kill your laner and go reak havoc on the other lanes.
- Athene's Unholy Grail. Great Item. 60AP, 15CDR, 40 MR, Unlimited Mana.This is a must have now on Ziggs. Completly solves your Mana issue's and gives a good amount or MR. I had Morellonomicon in this spot for a portion of season 3 but The mana regen on this is too OP to give up. You are spending an extra 600 Gold. You are losing 10 AP. You gain 40MR and You now never have to go to town due to Mana. I have taken out Morellonomicon because its Mana Regen just ins't enough.
- Void Staff : I build this Very often now with Ziggs. Grab it right after Athene's Unholy Grail if your not having problems with the ADC or a fed Darius at top.
- Zhonya's Hourglass 120 Ability Power 50 Armor.
The Changes to this to begin Season 3 actual season turn this into more of a must have then situational. Seeker's Armguard Is a great early purchase when your up against Talon or another AD based mid Champ. Grab this before Void Staff when the team fights start their ADC or AD Jungler is focusing you.
- Rylai's Crystal Scepter 80 Ability Power, 500 Health.
This helps with chasing and Running away, although all of your abilities are AOE it won't slow them much, every bit helps. 500 Health is very helpful.
- Will of the Ancients:Quite Like this for its cost. 50 Straight AP with the 30 Aura for your team plus spell Vamp. If you have a couple of AP champs in your team its a Great Choice.
- Liandry's Torment 70 Ability Power, 200 Health, %15 Magic Pen. Love the Magic Pen and this also gives Hexplosive Minefield a good Extra Bonus. If you grab Rylai's Crystal Scepter Get this for sure.
- Lich Bane 80 Ability Power, 250 Mana, 30 Magic Res. 5 Movement Speed
Straight after Rabadon's Deathcap and Morellonomicon AP is about 300-350 Plus Ziggs Passive Short Fuse, Gives an auto attack 550ish Damage. An auto attack with just the Lich Bane Passive 300ish damage. Given that your auto attack is your only guaranteed hit you will learn to love this very quickly. Also at this time you Bouncing Bomb is hitting for about 450 makes the 550 look Very Nice.
- Iceborn Gauntlet 40 AP, 60 Armour, 15CDR 500 Mana. Great Item if Bot has fed there ADC.
Gives you a reliable kiting ability without hitting your minefield. Good armour for when they do hit you also 500 Mana and %15CDR. I have used this a few times and it really just isn't enough AP to consider getting again. I will massively suggest Zhonya's Hourglass over this. Really only get this if they have three or four melee Champions and rely on consistent damage not burst.
- Abyssal Scepter: Good MR item that still gives you AP Although since the range of the Aura was reduced it is less handy for a champ like Ziggs
- Spirit of the Spectral Wraith Don't really want to include this Item. Basically your trading 40 Ability power and the Spell vamp aura for your team for 10 mana regen and %10 CDR. If you grabbed Hextech Revolver and someone else grabbed Will of the Ancients then maybe grab this. Otherwise i would grab Will of the Ancients
- Deathfire Grasp 100AP / 3000 Gold As said earlier it is one of the few items that has 30/1 Gold per AP Ratio. 15CDR EVEN MORE BOMBS (Que Evil Laugh). The Active also gives you another guaranteed damage every minute. By the time you get this you will at least have 300AP giving it %30 of their Maximum Health :-D. Then adds %20 onto your burst over the next four seconds. Makes your burst damageA LOT more painful.
- Rod of Ages ROA is a good item when purchased early. If they have a Good Jax or other Hybrid that is causing you trouble Health is really the only way out. Grab ROA it will help with Mana as well as its level up bonus for extra sustain.
- Banshee's Veil: Your not doing well or they have chain CC. Stops that Initial long range stun that causes you to get Chain CC'ed to death
Pro Tips and Tricks
This Section will consist mainly of clips of myself playing Ziggs showing some of the unique ways to use his Skillset.
You can really abuse this spells range in lots of ways. Used well you can make your enemies never feel safe :-)
Can be used for escaping, chasing, damage, disrupting spells Requiem, Drain, Quick movement around the map.
Too many Ziggs players use it like Caitlyn's Ultimate Ace in the Hole.
Sure in the laning phase when there is a 1 on 1 Situation and Amumu Pops Curse of the Sad Mummy and runs make him pay(Video1). Mid-Late Game in a large team fight 95% of the time it is best to use it when you can hit the most of the enemy team at once. This will cause the Squishy champions to run allowing your team to clean up most of them left behind without too much risk of dying.
Enough talk Lets see some video's.