Fizz Build Guide by Thydudeth
Not Updated For Current Season
S3 AP Jungle Fizz Build
Not Updated For Current Season
Hey Guys, this is my first build. I wrote this because I wanted to shed light on new favorite way to play Fizz, as an AP Jungle. I know this is not always as successful as AP Mid Fizz, but IMO it is more fun.
Also, most of the other online jungle builds suggested AD Bruiser Fizz, rather than AP.
Smite is very importent while jungling. Without it, you WILL die to creeps. It is also good for stealing jungle. I always take it.
Flash is always my second take, as it is my personal preference for the mobility summoner spells ( Flash, Teleport, Ghost).
Depending on you personal preference, you could pick any of the following in place of Flash:
Ghost is good for chasing/running away when you are waiting for cooldowns.
Teleport being used an a ward to a ward can be a great way to gank early game, and you can backdoor very easily with teleport late game.
Exhaust is another great spell for ganking,and in team-fights can decrease a carry's damage by a very good amount (30%). You wont have the mobility from other spells, though.
Ignite is a really good finisher, but I wouldn't recommend it for jungling Fizz. Only get it if you think you will still be able to escape after getting your combo in.
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Glyph of Ability Power
Greater Glyph of Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Ability Power
No real details to go into. This setup gives you the Armor Seals for jungling, the Magic Resist Glyphs for ganking AP champions, and the AP/Magic Pen from Glyphs, Marks and Quints to kill stuff faster. Simple as that.
Some alternative runes:
- Greater Mark of Ability Power
- Greater Mark of Attack Speed
Ability Power marks help to kill stuff, and Attack Speed marks help to get more auto attacks in while jungling, thus improving your clear time.
- Greater Seal of Scaling Armor
I feel that flat Armor Seals are more effective, because late game, if you really need armor you can get it from items. With flat Armor, it is effective in the beginning while jungling is slow and damaging.
- Greater Glyph of Cooldown Reduction
- Greater Glyph of Armor
If you really like low cooldowns, you can get Glphys of Cooldown Reduction instead of the 5 Glphys of Ability Power that I have in place. Also, if you have trouble jungling, you can get Glyphs of Armor to protect you from jungle creeps.
- Greater Quintessence of Magic Penetration
- Greater Quintessence of Spell Vamp
Quints of Magic Pen can be swapped out for Quints of Ability Power. I have also thought of Quintessences of Spell Vamp, which with 3 give 6% bonus spell vamp. 6% isn't a bad amount to start out with, and helps with jungle sustain.
This passive is great in the jungle, to conserve you health. The collision ignore is helpful for ganking too.
- Urchin Strike-Fizz dashes a fixed distance in the direction of his target, dealing his total attack damage as physical damage plus additional magic damage (10 / 40 / 70 / 100 / 130 (+0.6 per ability power)) to it. The ability will also apply on-hit effects.
Fizz's Q is a great way to harass, and an amazing way to gank. It procs with on-hit effects, like Lich Bane and Seastone Trident. I max it last because I use it primarily as a positioning spell, and with Lich Bane it does plenty of damage.
- Seastone Trident-(Passive): Fizz's autoattacks rend his target, dealing magic damage (30 / 40 / 50 / 60 / 70 (+0.35 per ability power) (+4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 % of target's missing health)) over 3 seconds that strengthens if the opponent is low on life. Multiple autoattacks will only refresh the duration. The total damage caps at 270 against minions and monsters.
(Active): Fizz's autoattacks are empowered for the next 5 seconds, dealing additional magic damage (10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 (+0.35 per ability power)) on-hit and causing Grievous Wounds to his opponents.
This is Fizz's bread-and-butter, so to speak. For only 40 mana, you can easily do an extra 200 damage per attack, without counting Lich Bane. Stopping the enemy from healing is always nice too. In the jungle, the passive is very helpful for killing creeps without using all of the mana you need for ganking. In total, this spell does the most damage, so I max it first.
- Playful / Trickster-Fizz hops onto his trident in a nearby location, becoming untargetable for 0.75 seconds and gaining the ability to use Trickster before the effect ends. If Fizz does not use it, he will slam the ground below him, dealing magic damage (70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 (+0.75 per ability power)) and slowing (40 / 45 / 50 / 55 / 60 %) nearby enemies for 2 seconds.
- Playful / Trickster-Fizz hops off from his trident to a nearby location, dealing magic damage (70 / 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 (+0.75 per ability power)) to nearby enemies in a smaller area than Playful. This ability will not slow enemies.
This is all-around such an awesome spell. You get to become untargetable, which is helpful for a number of reasons. You can dish-out lots of AoE damage. You can jump a total of 800 units, which is twice Flash's distance (you can not jump most walls, however, so I still take Flash). It is the main reason for Fizz's great ganking ability. I max it second.
When ganking, don't use the second jump if you are already over them, as it effects a lager radius and slows. Otherwise, a combination of the E and the Q can catch up to most opponents.
- Chum the Waters-Fizz throws a fish in a line that will bind itself onto the first enemy champion it hits. If it doesn't hit an enemy champion it will stay on an area, and it will stick to the first enemy champion that walks into the area. The champion that has the fish attached will be slowed (50 / 60 / 70 %).
Regardless of position, after 1.5 seconds, a Shark will emerge from the earth to eat the fish, dealing magic damage (200 / 325 / 450 (+1.0 per ability power)), knocking up the target, knocking back all other enemies within the area from the center and slowing (50 / 60 / 70 %) all enemies in the area for 1.5 seconds.
And finally, Fizz's signature move, his ultimate, Chum The Waters. Fully Maxed, it has a fairly low cooldown (70 s), without accounting for CDR. For this reason, it can be used for so many things. As CC, it can be used to save yourself or your team mate, or to catch up to whoever you are chasing. In teamfights, it can do astounding damage and is a great way to initiate. Early game, it is great to gank with.
Your combo for early game ganks should be something like this:
Playful / Trickster-->> Seastone Trident-->> Sheen-->> Urchin Strike
Hop from a bush to them with Playful / Trickster, and if you haven't caught up to them yet, use Urchin Strike. Activate your Seastone Trident once you land from your hop. If you are past Level 6, use Chum the Waters. It will effectively undo their Flash, since the knock-up will let you catch up to them quickly. Always remember to proc Sheen or Lich Bane when they are on.
Your late game combo, especially 1v1, should be:
Chum the Waters-->> Seastone Trident-->> Urchin Strike-->> Lich Bane-->> Playful / Trickster
Try to save your Playful / Trickster in case you get caught. Also, only get this involved in 1v1s if you have 1-2 wards near you, so you know where the other people aren't. Run for your team or your turret after you get the kill. Their team will usually be after you.
Hunter's Machete and 54 health potions is the standard jungle start.
After buying and possibly upgrading boots, getting Spirit of the Spectral Wraith should wrap up any jungling needs, with a good amount of AP, plenty of cooldown. You can also get Spirit of the Ancient Golem instead of Spirit of the Spectral Wraith if you think you should be tankier. If you are having trouble jungling, buying Seeker's Armguard will increase your armor, and jungle creeps only deal physical damage.
Lich Bane is no longer a must build for Fizz because of it's recent nerf, but can add a hefty amount of damage to your kit. Zhonya's Hourglass should follow up next for it's utility, or at least a Seeker's Armguard for it's armor.
Even though it was nerfed going into S3, Deathfire Grasp is still a great item. Not only is it tied with Zhonya's Hourglass in giving the second most AP of any item in the game, its active is great for increasing your total burst damage. It should be used just before initiating on an enemy to be the most effective.
Once into late game, you should pick 2 of these items to finish the item build. You should pick based on your opponents and how fed you are.
Deathfire Grasp and Void Staff are my top two picks for increasing your late game damage. They both reduce the effect of your opponent's magic resist, but I recommend getting only one, unless you are never dying.
Rabydon's Deathcap, while great on mst AP champions, I find isn't that great on ]Fizz as he gets enough AP from other items, and the majority of his skills do not scale very well.
CDR, while not being one of his most needed stats, can be great on Fizz. Also, the passive of Morellonomicon is very helpful. With Morellonomicon and his Seastone Trident, Fizz can reduce an enemy's healing/regen by 90%.
Note, the cap on CDR is 40%. You can reah that with Morelleonomicon, your jungling item, and blue buff or Elixir of Brilliance.
Items in this section only really need to be bought if you find yourself dying too much or if you are not very fed. If the other team has fed AP champions, build Abyssal Scepter. If the other team has fed AD champions, build Zhonya's Hourglass or Sunfire Cape. If you die too often, especially when you jump in to get your combo out, build either Warmog's Armor or Guardian Angel.
1. Start at blue buff with a leash from your team. You may also ask for someone to guard your red buff, in case of an invade.
*NOTE* You can invade their jungle if you have at least four of your teammates. If the other team's jungle is manaless, or just for most AD jungles, you start at their blue buff. Otherwise steal their red buff.
2. Move on to Wolves or Wraiths, whichever you prefer, with your E and W.
3. Get red buff.
4. Gank any pushed lanes, or get Golems or any other minor camp that is up if no ganks are available.
From here, you just kill and jungle creeps when they respawn, prioritizing red and blue buffs. You can always counter-jungle and steal buffs, but when doing so, be sure the other jungle is on the other end of the map. Fizz does have many good escape tools, but its still better not to get caught in the first place.
Tips and Tactics
- Your Playful / Trickster can dodge any targeted ablitity like Nidalee's Javelin Toss, as well as ults like Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole and Karthus's Requiem. It does not block damage from DoT spells.
- Playful / Trickster's dodge only works as you hop up and while you are on top of the trident. It does NOT work as you jump off.
- Chum the Waters is a great way to initiate a team-fight.
- I WILL add to this section.
Thank you, people of MOBAFire, for getting through my Fizz build. This is my first build, so if you vote, please leave a comment on why you said it was Good or Bad. I just want some constructive feedback. Thanks, and have a wonderful day.
Also, thank you JhoiJhoi for her extremely helpful guide on making a guide.