Offensive Build (Read Notes)
Optional Offensive Items
Optional Defensive Items
Threats to Aatrox with this build
|Darius||Pretty much what ends up happening is that you out last his burst and can heal up and deal more damage with auto attacks. He has no way of getting away from you.|
Check out my stream and channel! *Guide Touch up*
Now that i'm plat i'm touching up a few of my guides.
I live stream LoL often and upload to youtube. I am currently in the middle of a move but after it is finished i'll be streaming a lot like I always do. I also upload to youtube so watch out for stuff on my channel as well!
Live Stream: ThatsNotMyPirate's Live Stream
Youtube: ThatsNotMyPirate's Youtube Channel
Aatrox is a chamption with very high sustain and does a very good job at outlasting his laning opponent. He is very good at farming and a bully. He is pretty easy to pick up at any all level of play.
**No two games are the same and each call for different items**
Please check out my video in "Laning Phase" (video is a bit out of date)
Pros / Cons
+ Great Harassment.
+ High Sustain.
+ Revive passive has shorter cooldown then other revive passives.
+ Dark Flight is great for engaging and disengaging.
+ Easy last hits and farming.
+ Amazing ult and good range that counts as melee.
+ Not a bad jungler ether.
- Long cooldowns early game.
- Blades of Torment can be hard to land at long ranges.
- Bad ranged poke, and easily out poked.
- Passive can be wasted if no blood in your well.
- Dark Flight can be stopped by some cc.
- Heal reduction and really hurt you.
- If you fall behind early game, can be really hard to recover.
- Weak vs ranged tops with pokes like Jayce
Flash is a great spell for getting into range for a kill, or getting away. Still one of the most powerful spells in the game.
Ignite Great spell for any carry. Get for people with heals and deals true damage all game long. Very good.
Teleport If you are in top lane then it is a good idea to grab Teleport. Top laners tend to be on an island playing a different game. But teleport helps your team out a lot, so if you plan on going tank or farming early game, then this is better then ignite.
Exhaust Another great spell. This can help you solo someone because it lowers their damage. Also help you stay on top of someone trying to run. Also good for if they flash after, they will still be slowed enough for you to get in range.
Greater Mark of Attack Damage
Greater Seal of Armor
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage
Greater Mark of Attack Damage - Flat AD is great for Aatrox. Early game burst is pretty high when you can do your whole combo at lvl 3. (As you can see in my video)
Greater Seal of Armor - Helps you stay in lane longer, and early game the point is to farm and stay in the lane the longest! Aatrox is hard to push out of lane and this makes it harder. Out farm top and you will win your lane out right.
Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist - Gives you a lot of MR late game. Also great for staying in lane. This frees you up for building more damage.
Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage - This will help early game, they complement your flat AD runes. Makes you win most fights one on one early game.
Fury - Attack speed is great for early procing of your Blood Price.
Deadliness - Small bonus AD for late game, every little bit counts!
Havoc - 2% may not sound like a lot but its pretty big. It will scale big into end game.
Weapon Expertise - 8% Armor pen is a must. This helps a ton with your early flat AD runes.
Butcher - Helps with last hits,
Brute Force - This will help your last hitting early game.
Summoner's Wrath Gives some ap which helps with your damage. But also with exhaust if you get it
Sunder - Flat armor pen. Great for early game and late game and will boost your damage.
Executioner - Low foes will fear your damage!
Durability - More Hp helps your blood well.
Hardiness - High armor will help you stay in lane longer so I put 3 points here.
Resistance - Your mr runes will be enough late game.
Veteran's Scars 30 HP early game is a lot. I love this mastery.
Blood Well - A revive passive. This one is amazing with a 225 cooldown. A bit shorter then most revive passives. Takes a bit of your HP cost of skills and puts it in your blood well. When you die, you heal for the amount saved. This will make the other team really have to think about forcing you down. Also the close you are to max blood well, the more attack speed you have. This makes you shockingly tanky on low hp with all your heals. Also with Maw of Malmortius you may even want to stay at half hp because of the crazy high damage and as near death. Also removes Ignite on death so other team may end up wasting it on you. Also with Spirit Visage and max Blood Well this heals 70% of your HP.
Dark Flight - Great for getting into fights. A dash and knock up that can give you the edge you need in fights. You can jump over walls and clear waves. Has a pretty high HP cost so I don't get this at level 1. Knowning when to use this skill to start fights or saving it to get out will weed out the good Aatrox from the bad.
Blood Thirst - This is a toggle. Heals you ever 3rd attack or heals you. This skill is amazing at keeping you in lane. If your having a really hard time in the lane then Max this first. Also deals massive damage. In your main combo you can blow someone up with this (Watch video to see lvl 3 combo.) Really good for soloing fights, healing or going on the offence.
Blades of Torment - A great slow. It can be hard to hit at long ranges because it gets smaller at the end of its range. It's slow gets longer the more points you put in, this skill is great for running away and staying on top of someone.
Massacre - Good for bating. Even with low hp the attack speed with this can make you heal fast enough to get anyone off guard. Does damage when you start it and anyone trying to get away will be shocked at the nice range buff you have. With Frozen Mallet this can be very hard to run from. (This skill has been updated and now also wills up blood well pre enemy hero hit. Making this ult amazing as an initation.)
Core Items and Why It Works
Blade of the Ruined King
Dead Man's Plate
The Black Cleaver
First off let me talk about this build. So I see people building crit on Aatrox. Aatrox isn't a crit champ and shouldn't be build this way. He should be in the middle of fights doing dps and tanking a good bit of damage.
He doesn't this two ways:
1: Building life steal/AD and attack speed keeps him healing through out the fight.
2: Building High Armor and Magic resist to keep him tanky and making other team really think if they should force you down or not.
Crit isn't a bad build but its not the best build. Crit takes up a slot that can be use for a better item. Life steal AD and AS is what you want, not crit.
As a top Laner, your job is to be DPS/Tanky, not a full on carry like other Aatrox are trying to be, leave that to AP mid and ADC. You can still carry with this build and over all bring more to your team.
- Give a good amount of mr and cc protection, build boots of speed and finish this after Spirit Visage
- This item give great starting health and magic resist. Also makes your life steal, passive, item actives, and W better healing. Great item for you. With max Blood Well You should heal 70% of your HP which is crazy talk. 20% cooldown is also a huge plus and your ult cooldown will be next to nothing so don't be afraid to use often.
- Attack speed is very important for your w. Attack speed ups your procs and there for heals and damage. On top of Spirit Visage the heals on you are epic and its heal active is buffed on you. This item is a must on you in most builds.
- At this point you will need armor and HP. Deadman is a great new item, fills both this need and makes you pretty tanky. Movement speed has been a weakness of aatrox and this helps with that problem. Very good for you. The active is great in team fights or fleeing foes.
- Great attack damage and life steal. Has pretty good aoe which helps with your farm. This can be changed with Bloodthirster but its up to your playstyle!
- This item was changed not to long ago and it makes it a better on Aatrox then it was before. Give a whopping 400 hp on top of good cd and AD. This will max your cooldowns and make you stick on people better.
- With Maws you are able to gain Magic Resist while still keeping your damage up on lower hp. Late game with Guard's Angel and your passive, in most cases you will benefit from being on low hp and dueling through out the whole fight.
Guard's Angel - Your well doesn't stay up forever. But with your passive and GA it makes you perfect for jumping into the fight first. There team will likely not want to focus you first and if they do then they will be punish by your team. If they don't, you can dish out Tons of damage and split for your team.
In all my guides I stress the importance of building different depending on the game. There is never 1 all end perfect build. Each game is different and calls for different items!
- This is a great item, give you attack speed and a movement speed boost which is really good all game long. The damage is alright too. Your a pretty slow guy and this item with Frozen Mallet can really make you hard to get away from
- Gives you epic damage and life steal. With Spirit Visage and Blade of the Ruined King you will be healing like a crazy person. You will have epic damage and be super hard to kill. Sadly now that it's changed it doesn't give as much Life steal but still a good buy!
- The lower your hp this most powerful you become, with your passive your AS will be crazy making you have amazing last stands and turn fights around. This item comes with a great shield that will save your butt. On top of your heals and passive this will make you scary when on low hp.
- Helps you stay on top of people with its active. Good attack speed and armor pen. I would get this item if your having problems keeping up with people or if they are getting early game armor.
- If you have a lot of money grab this. Sheen passive stack with your proc does epic damage. Movement speed buff, Good amount of health also. Over all a great item but mana and crit is a bit of a waste so may want to pick something else to finish your build.
- Give vs cc. Gives good ad and its active gets rid of all debuffs, even suppression ults. Gives you a speed boost to help you get away or catch a feeling foe. If you are cc you can use this along with Dark Flight to get away pretty fast.
- If your having problems with magic this is great. Makes you tankier while your fighting and gives you a bit more damage with passive. It's best as Aatrox to stay in the fight as long as he can to heal, so this item helps.
- If AD Heavy teams are a problem this will help a ton. The attack speed debuff lowers there dps on you on top of massive armor.
- With this and your passive up. The other team will really have to think about if they want to force you down in a team fight. Most of the time this will free you up to deal free damage.
- Good HP, mr and passive shield. Give you a good edge in duels and helps protect you from cc. Shield stops almost every skill, its pretty op.
- Good vs armor heavy teams. If they is a lot of armor and you are carring then this maybe the better pick over Black Cleaver.
Live Steam, Youtube, Giveaways and more!
If you want chances to win more RP make sure to follow me on youtube, my live stream or on facebook!
Youtube Channel: ThatsNotMyPirate Youtube Channal
Stream: ThatsNotMyPirate's Live Stream
Facebook: ThatsNotMyPirate's New FaceBook Page
Raid Call Group: Raid call is a free, low resources Voice chat/Text Chat. Join my group, play games with other members, or use it with your friends! Join us in the live stream and more!