Veigar Build Guide by GoobleGabble
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
Table of Contents
This guide contains:
- Skill Sequence
- Summoner Spells
- Pros / Cons
- Before Game
- Early Game
- Mid Game
- Late Game
- Team Fights + Endgame Winning Combo
- Update Log
Welcome to the AP Lane / Mid Veigar Guide - "I Will Show You No Mercy!".
When playing Veigar, I always use this build, and I always succeed.
Please read the Entire guide as I will be explaining everything you will need to know in order to succeed.
Also I ask not to troll downvote because that's not nice.
- Don't complain about the guides length, it's long because I'm dedicating in it.
- For question send a private message, not a comment.
- Don't copy without premission.
My choice of runes are:
- Greater Mark of Magic Penetration x9
- Greater Seal of Vitality x9 - Or Greater Seal of Armor
- Greater Glyph of Ability Power x9
- Greater Quintessence of Scaling Ability Power x3
Greater Mark of Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Scaling Health
Greater Glyph of Ability Power
Greater Quintessence of Scaling Ability Power
What's thethought behind those runes?
Well, pretty simple.
- The Marks are giving you Magic Penetration.
- The Seals are giving youHealth or Armor.
- The Glyphs are giving you Ability Power.
- The Quintessences are giving you Ability Power as well.
More advanced thinking?
- Marks: Magic penetration is always good for AP Masges especially late game.
- Seals: As your health is very important at the beginning, I'd recommend armor.
Although, you might be at draft pick and in that case you should see who your enemies are, and in that case if you see an enemy like Caitlyn, get the Armor.
- Glyphs: Extra Damage early game is necessery for lane pushing, ganking, or anything else in your mind.
- Quitessences: Quintessence will give you a lot more than regular runes, so for late game damage (or mid game if you're really good), I'd recommend these quintessences.
The masteries are pretty much self explanetory.
On offense everything which is AP, and defense for a little bit more... Umm... Defense!
If you don't like putting points on defense, simply put them on the utility tree.
I'd recommend putting 1 Resistance , maxing Hardiness , Durability and Veteran's Scars
Item build and explanation, alternatives at the end:
- Start off with Speed, a very important stat. Will help you run, and chase.
Get Boots of Speed.
- You have spare gold, you are mana depended. Get 2 Mana Potions and just in case 1 Health Potion.
- Now get a Kage's Lucky Pick for extra gold, and Upgrade it to a Deathfire Grasp
- Upgrade Boots of Speed to Sorcerer's Shoes for more speed and magic penetration.
- Get Void Staff for Much Much Much magic penetration and some ability power.
- Now pick up a Needlessly Large Rod and Upgrade it for a Rabadon's Deathca[.
- Now, for more Ability Power and Armor (also the active is great), get a Zhonya's Hourglass
- Now, last but not least, get a Needlessly Large Rod and Upgrade it to a Rabadon's Deathcap
- As you're getting lots of kills, get a Mejai's Soulstealer for much more Ability Power and cooldown reduction when the stacks are filled.
Skill SequenceBaleful Strike) is your Farming tool. You get perament Ability Power with it, which is EXTREMELY important. Usualy, I get about +200 ability power in a 30-40 minutes game with this ability.
Now, upgrade Event Horizon, a very useful stun
Once you reach level 3, get Dark Matter, which is a very good damage tool aginst enemy champions. Usualy causing them to flee when they see the animation.
Keep level up on Baleful Strike and Event Horizon and you're level 6. Get your ultimate, Primordial Burst.
This ultimate is extremely useful and gets your combo completed, (you should have Deathfire Grasp completed by now).
At this situation, you can burst enemies to death. But don't be in such a hurry, you didn't learn the combo yet.
Anyways in my opinion everything else is self explanatory, max Baleful Strike first for even more AP when killing an enemy champion, then max (in order) Primordial Burst, Event Horizon, [[Dark Matter.
Other possible summoner spells:
- Surge - More AP
- Clarity - More mana in a team fight is Great.
- Teleport - If you don't like to miss on minions.
- Barrier - Not in PvP
- Revive - You won't die a lot thanks to your tankiness.
- Promote - Useless.
- Exhaust - Your combo already kills an opponent. No need to make it worse on him.
- Ignite - Above.
- Heal - Read the Revive Explanation.
- Garrison - Nobody really takes this.
- Smite - Not a jungler.
- Clairvoyance - Annoying to type name, and I don't like it.
- Cleanse - Not recommended for Veigar.
Pros / Cons
Let's get to the Pros and Cons. Everyone needs to know this.
+ Easy Combo
+ Can be in any lane
+ Infinite Ability Power
+ Being Evil
+ Having a lot of Pros
+ Not having a lot of Cons
- Mana Depended
- Target in ream fights
- Being Evil
Before Game - Champion Selection
Pick Veigar, rememeber, do not insta lock or your team mates might hate you (happened to me more than once).
Tell them you're going mid.
PS: Stay positive (not kills, adittude), it will cause your team mates do what you ask them, and you will have more chances to win the game.
Congratulations, you reached the early game, a very important chapter in the guide.
Hopefully you listened to my tips and "Before Game".
Start your build (read it above if you didn't) and go to your lane.
While being at mid you should NOT harras your opponent until you have lots of Ability Power.
Otherwise, you will die.
What you want to do is to last hit minions with Baleful Strike.
Remember, it is better to last hit a minion with a basic attack, instead of not hitting it at all because Baleful Strike is on cooldown.
When you have lots of Ability Power and your entire combo finished, you can start harrasing and killing your opponent. Feel free to ask your jungler for help.
If you want to kill him obviously use the combo which will be explained later.
There are ganks/team fights every now and then, well. What do you want to do?
You want to focus on ONE enemy champion. Kill it, and make your team outnumber the enemies.
My advice - Focus on the AD Carry.
Lots of team fights here. Keep deleting enemies from the map. Be a beast and combo them to death.
Once they're outnumbered they will be scared and will run away. Letting the rest of your team destroy the rest of the turrets or inhibitors.
Golden Rules for Farming:
- You last hit with Baleful Strike for more Ability Power.
- Ignore the enemy champion, because both of you know that you can kill him.
- Getting out of your lane is necessery, but do it only if your enemy is out of the lane too.
- Don't push back if he's pushing. Playing agressive shows that thier jungler is there.
You've been waiting for this one. I can tell.
Bursting Combo - DESTROYING an enemy champion in less than 5 seconds is...
Event Horizon - Dark Matter - Baleful Strike - Primordial Burst
If there's a Burst in it's name, it's gonna kill your opponent.
The combo will work ecxellent on AD Carries and such. So use it on them and not on the tanks, because the AD Carries are the main threat to your team.