Wukong Build Guide by InfamousJoker
This build has been archived and is for historical display only.
PLEASE NOTE: This build has been archived by the author. They are no longer supporting nor updating this build and it may have become outdated. As such, voting and commenting have been disabled and it no longer appears in regular search results.
We recommend you take a look at this author's other builds.
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Please support my friend who`s trying to start up a youtube channel it`d mean a lot to us both please subscribe comment and like it`ll mean the world to us! <3
Credits to jhoijhoi for the template, which you can find here.
Thanks to The_Nameless_Bard for the amazing banner to put up with this guide!
Pros / Cons
+ Amazing chaser
+ Good burst damage
+ Good initiating skills
- Not the easiest of champions
- Targeted in fights
- A bit early - mid game dependent
With Wukong there are many different pathways for his mastery tree because he is an extremely versatile champion. I went 9/21/0 to make him a bruiser and a beast farmer in lane.
- greater quintessence of desolation: This rune gives Wukong extra armor penetration along with his Crushing Blow to help reduce enemy armor to 0 during laning phase allowing you to harass pretty easily.
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage: Gives you close the amount of AD that Doran's Blade gives you.
- Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Resist: This rune gives you good early game MR along with his passive Stone Skin to help you lane against any AP carry easily.
- Greater Seal of Armor: Same as the above this rune gives you good early game armor to along with his Stone Skin to help you lane against any AD carry easily.
|Exhaust: Allows you to win many 1v1's against AD carry||space||Ignite: Allows you stop enemies like Vladimir from healing when you are in a team fight.||space||Ghost: A very good escape/chase tool||space||Flash: Another good chase/escape tool|
- Stone Skin: This passive gives Wukong extra armor and magic resistance when around enemy champions this allows Wukong to initiate team fights pretty good.
- Crushing Blow: This skill is one of Wukong damage dealer when you have an item like Sheen or Trinity Force you have an amazing burst to be reckoned with.
- Decoy: This sill is what Wukong is known for it allows you to juke and invade enemy territory with ease. It is also a good punching bag as it can absorb enemy ultimate and enemy Ignite or Exhaust
- Nimbus Strike: This is Wukong main chasing ability as it allows you to basically blink into enemy champions and unload all of your damage in a short amount of time.
- Cyclone: This is an amazing ultimate that allows you to support your teammates this ultimate brings enemy champions up into the air allowing ally champions like Katarina and her Death Lotus to deal amazing damage.
I max out Nimbus Strike first because it gives such an amazing burst with a combination of Crushing Blow but early game it is used to instill fear to your enemy top laner because the combination does tons of damage.
- : Gives Wukong an amazing burst potential
- : Gives you insane ad full stacked and nice life vamp :3
- : Very good against CC and nice magic resist.
Gives a balanced stats between magic resist and armor but the true use of this item is giving you a second life every 5 minutes.
Highest Magic resist you can get in the game and gives you a nice health regen that works well with your warmogs armor.
Another good item that can shred armor. A very good alternate to The Black Cleaver
Great item against melee auto attackers.
For Wukong your role in team fights is to initiate them with your Nimbus Strike then using Cyclone to lift enemy champions up allowing your team to quickly burst them down afterwards you should be aiming for enemy champions that are squishy to easily secure victory in team fights.
Wukong is an extremely fun champion to play he is able to initiate team fights with easy and can survive enemy burst. If you have any comments, or questions on my guide please PM or leave a comment I don't bite unless your a troll.
Please remember to upvote if you liked the guide and only downvote if you feel that I have mislead you on how I play Wukong but if you do please inform me of why it made you feel that way and if I have made any grave mistakes with this guide.
- Removed Phantom Dancer and Black Cleaver from the optional item I personally believe wukong is a burst character not an auto attack character
- Wukong buffed :)
- Major overhaul to guide.