Yorick Build Guide by Naywin
Not Updated For Current Season
Not Updated For Current Season
PSA: Guide is not finished, I still need to add a lot of info but I just wanted it out there for people to see 24/2/12
Yorick Is one of my favorite top laners in the game, he's such a ******* beast, but I just don't see many played on EU-W so I decided to share how I build him.
Pros / Cons
-Poops on a lot of used top laners
-Incredible team fight utility
-High damage on his own
-6 item Yorick is hilarious
-High kill potential on his own
-Needs items more than most in order to do anything
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage - Eases last hitting so much and allows you to heal more through Omen of Famine.
- Greater Seal of Armor - Since you're top laning, these are BiS.
- greater seal of replenishment - Against super easy lanes I just get these.
- Greater Glyph of Armor - If you are scared of the enemy top + AD jungler ganks and just want a generally easier time, these are good
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist - Against more AP I take these, I never really like the scaling MR as I'd rather have more earlier on, but that's just a preference.
- Greater Quintessence of Armor - Read Greater Glyph of Armor.
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage - Added early game damage + Omen of Famine healing.
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed - Movement speed is great on anyone.
I run a different mastery page for Yorick, I like to get what I feel is the best of everything, I only ever go deep into a tree when I feel i'm against a REALLY hard lane, in that situation I just go either 9/21/0 or 0/21/9
- Summoner's Wrath - Since you'll be using Ignite, this is BiS
- Brute Force - AD + Omen of Famine healing, get it.
- Alacrity - Extra AS is always good and it allows you to get the next tier ArP
- Weapon Expertise - 10% ArP, BiS
- Sorcery - SPAM GHOULS MORE HUEHUE
- Arcane Knowledge - BiS
- Hardiness - Take it if you are against an AD
- Resistance - Take it if you are against an AP
- Tough Skin - Youll have 1 point left over from one of the above. This is pretty much the best 1 pointer in the first tier, allows you to harass more in the minion wave and take less damage.
- Durability - BiS, may aswell
- Veteran's Scars - BiS
- Expanded Mind - Pre-req for mana per 5, this also synergises with your Manamune
- Summoner's Insight - Flash CD.
- Meditation - Helps your early game before you can buy Tear of the Goddess
Ninja Tabi - If they have a lot of AD and don't have too much CC
Mercury's Treads - You'll probably be building these in most games, pretty self explanatory.
Ionian Boots of Lucidity - For the times you just don't give any ****s.
Meki Pendant + Health Potionx1/2 + Sight Ward - Usually find myself starting with this most of the time, get the ward if you're scared of the enemy junglers ganks.. **** you Lee Sin.
Cloth Armor + Health Potionx5 - I run this when i'm very scared of a jungler gank combined with the lane.
Tear of the Goddess into Manamune - Core item, you will build this EVERY game no matter what, it's such an amazing cost effective item which actually gives you a lot of damage and lane prescence.
Spirit Visage - So good on Yorick. Health, CDR, MR, more healing through Omen of Famine
Phage into Atma's Impaler - When I build Atma's Impaler I pretty much ALWAYS go this route, it annoys me so much when people buy Warmog's Armor or Frozen Mallet first, you are basically useless.
Glacial Shroud - Very good mid-game item, synergises well with Manamune.
Trinity Force or Frozen Mallet - Generally after Atma's Impaler I decide whether I need more health fast or If I can go more of an offensive route, just be smart and see what items the enemy team has.
6th item choices
Warmog's Armor - Usually buy this when I go Trinity Force and just want more HP.
Randuin's Omen - Such a boss item.
Banshee's Veil - This item combined with Manamune and Atma's Impaler is just beast, plus it has the benefit of more MR and a shield.
Frozen Heart - If you built Glacial Shroud earlier in the game, get this.