Yorick Build Guide by Naywin
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
PSA: Guide is not finished, I still need to add a lot of info but I just wanted it out there for people to see 24/2/12
Yorick Is one of my favorite top laners in the game, he's such a ******* beast, but I just don't see many played on EU-W so I decided to share how I build him.
Pros / Cons
-Poops on a lot of used top laners
-Incredible team fight utility
-High damage on his own
-6 item Yorick is hilarious
-High kill potential on his own
-Needs items more than most in order to do anything
- Greater Mark of Attack Damage - Eases last hitting so much and allows you to heal more through Omen of Famine.
- Greater Seal of Armor - Since you're top laning, these are BiS.
- greater seal of replenishment - Against super easy lanes I just get these.
- Greater Glyph of Armor - If you are scared of the enemy top + AD jungler ganks and just want a generally easier time, these are good
- Greater Glyph of Magic Resist - Against more AP I take these, I never really like the scaling MR as I'd rather have more earlier on, but that's just a preference.
- Greater Quintessence of Armor - Read Greater Glyph of Armor.
- Greater Quintessence of Attack Damage - Added early game damage + Omen of Famine healing.
- Greater Quintessence of Movement Speed - Movement speed is great on anyone.
I run a different mastery page for Yorick, I like to get what I feel is the best of everything, I only ever go deep into a tree when I feel i'm against a REALLY hard lane, in that situation I just go either 9/21/0 or 0/21/9
- Summoner's Wrath - Since you'll be using Ignite, this is BiS
- Brute Force - AD + Omen of Famine healing, get it.
- Alacrity - Extra AS is always good and it allows you to get the next tier ArP
- Weapon Expertise - 10% ArP, BiS
- Sorcery - SPAM GHOULS MORE HUEHUE
- Arcane Knowledge - BiS
- Hardiness - Take it if you are against an AD
- Resistance - Take it if you are against an AP
- Tough Skin - Youll have 1 point left over from one of the above. This is pretty much the best 1 pointer in the first tier, allows you to harass more in the minion wave and take less damage.
- Durability - BiS, may aswell
- Veteran's Scars - BiS
- Expanded Mind - Pre-req for mana per 5, this also synergises with your Manamune
- Summoner's Insight - Flash CD.
- Meditation - Helps your early game before you can buy Tear of the Goddess
Ninja Tabi - If they have a lot of AD and don't have too much CC
Mercury's Treads - You'll probably be building these in most games, pretty self explanatory.
Ionian Boots of Lucidity - For the times you just don't give any ****s.
Meki Pendant + Health Potionx1/2 + Sight Ward - Usually find myself starting with this most of the time, get the ward if you're scared of the enemy junglers ganks.. **** you Lee Sin.
Cloth Armor + Health Potionx5 - I run this when i'm very scared of a jungler gank combined with the lane.
Tear of the Goddess into Manamune - Core item, you will build this EVERY game no matter what, it's such an amazing cost effective item which actually gives you a lot of damage and lane prescence.
Spirit Visage - So good on Yorick. Health, CDR, MR, more healing through Omen of Famine
Phage into Atma's Impaler - When I build Atma's Impaler I pretty much ALWAYS go this route, it annoys me so much when people buy Warmog's Armor or Frozen Mallet first, you are basically useless.
Glacial Shroud - Very good mid-game item, synergises well with Manamune.
Trinity Force or Frozen Mallet - Generally after Atma's Impaler I decide whether I need more health fast or If I can go more of an offensive route, just be smart and see what items the enemy team has.
6th item choices
Warmog's Armor - Usually buy this when I go Trinity Force and just want more HP.
Randuin's Omen - Such a boss item.
Banshee's Veil - This item combined with Manamune and Atma's Impaler is just beast, plus it has the benefit of more MR and a shield.
Frozen Heart - If you built Glacial Shroud earlier in the game, get this.