Yorick Build Guide by DragonRaek
Not Updated For Current Season
This guide has not yet been updated for the current season. Please keep this in mind while reading. You can see the most recently updated guides on the browse guides page.
Recommended Runes + Notes
Ability Sequence + Notes
Not Updated For Current Season
The masteries shown here are not yet updated for the current season, the guide author needs to set up the new masteries. As such, they will be different than the masteries you see in-game.
Masteries + Notes
HELLOO~ I'm new on MF and I wanted to help people by sharing my builds and stuff.
In this guide i will tell about the:
- Why a Yorick Guide
- History Of Yorick "yeah history-.-"
- Pro's & Con's
- skills Sequence
- Ranked Play
- Team Work
- What to do in "some situations"
- Representing some nice people *sorry if I forgot you*
- If there is a problem
Why a Yorick Guide?
Many friends of mine asked me ''Why a are you making a full Yorick Guide?''
I told them I wanted to share my game experience and wisdow to the people who need it or want help.
Even tough Yorick is one of my 3 mains I use him a lot and I always carry the game or save my teammates out.
I wanted to do something for people with Low ELo like me I wanted to give them a change and be for once the one who carry's the team.
Not as Ad carry, Not as AP carry, but as a Teamplayer because Teamplay is all you need to win a game not the Rage,Feed or Insults ( I am like that sometimes but I don't always mean it.).
History of Yorick
There are many shades of death there, and each is embraced rather than feared or reviled. One can only ascend from one state to the next with the magical aid of a skilled professional. At the end of the first Rune War, Yorick Mori made his living as a gravedigger. His family owned and maintained the Final Rest Memorial, one of the oldest cemeteries in Valoran. The shovel he employed for his work had been passed down for generations. Each gravedigger taught his son that this shovel was imbued with the spirit of every forefather, and that those spirits would protect him during the long lonely nights amongst the tombstones. To his eternal regret, Yorick died without an heir, bringing the proud Mori line to a close. His body was interred with his shovel in the family mausoleum, and the Final Rest Memorial soon fell to ruin. Death, however, was not the end Yorick had expected.
Yorick emerged on the haunted shores of the Shadow Isles – not quite dead, definitely not alive – still clutching his beloved shovel. He soon learned that with it he could act as a ferryman for the Isles' undead denizens, helping them climb death's many-tiered ladder. This proved a curse, as a gravedigger must "bury his quota" before he too can ascend, or so the legend goes. No one knows what "his quota" is. Yorick dug tirelessly, waiting in vain for the day when he would be freed of his burden. As decades turned to centuries, the shame of his failures came to a head. He returned to Valoran to find his corpse, convinced that salvation might be buried with it. When he arrived, no trace remained of either the mausoleum or the memorial. Hope nearly lost, he discovered the League of Legends, and there saw an opportunity to immortalize the family name he allowed to be forgotten ages ago.
"Die first, then we’ll talk."
- The Reason for the Item usage is because of the HP&Damage you can do early game.
- The #1 & #2 mean you can get creative with the ways you want to build I looked ways how to finish it but its important to have the core Early game items.
- choosing #1 or #2 late game is your decision its depending on the situation your team is in like : heavy damage doing adcarry go #1 & for the Survive ability take #2 to stay alive longer because of the HP.
- I Updated the Items in such ways that you can go jungling in S3 style with S3 items.
- The Jungle can be a little rough at the start of the match but later in the game it will be as easy as getting kills.
- I recommend the #1 Late Game for the around damage doing for the team.
- Why going full AD on Yorick to do a lot of damage and being the second carryer of your team next to the AD Carry.
- The Items are build in a way that you can do damage but also have a lot of attack speed and lifesteal next to the Omen of Famine.
- Yorick is mostly played a Tank or AD Tank but these build is full focused on the tanking part of the game.
- Yorick doesn't need a lot of ad to be strong in attack&Defense.
- The late game variety is a part you can choose yourselfs but i recommend the #1 for the item: Mikael's Crucible that removes all the debuffs from your ally's and heals them.
- Yorick supporting is an unusual way but it is possible.
- The Items are stacked for the way the ad carry doesnt need armor or MR items when he's next to you.
- Use Mikael's Crucible usefull so your ad carry can escape or kill the enemy when it's needed.
- Banner of Command Is Usefull for pushing your lane quick and easy.
- Take Late game #2 if you want shadows to seek enemy for the adcarry so he can kill them head on without worrying they go away soon.
- Take Late game #1 for damage and still a bit Tank in teamfights in Late game.
I don't have much to say about the runes.
The only thing I can say it was usefull for me& i hope for you guys 2.
SORRY FOR THE LACK OF INFO HERE!!!!
If it is about masteries i'm a Slacker but i will make it Pro's and Con's way
- Much armor and MR so not early game feeding.
- The Right masteries for the right job
- (Support) Wards have greater vision
- (Support) You Have a Cookie :D
- No Damage Masteries
- Thinking you're immortal
- No Cookie T_T
- Not always the right masteries needed at some points.
- Movement speed if not as fast as with the masteries.
- If enemy TO fed you cant always save the game.
- The Omen of War does a nice damage early game and helps you early game for Manamune
- Omen of Famine is good for the ranged lifesteal and survive abilty in Early&Lategame.
- When getting ganked have a much survive abilities like Omen of War & Omen of Famine.
- Doesn't have that early game slow for when jungler comes to gank.
- If enemy's dumb you get focused.
- Survives early jungle because of the lifesteal.
- When ganking does a lot of slow and nice damage.
- Can save your team.
- Can't be everywhere.
- Need to feed kills to the lane not yourself.
- Not as quick Manamune stack as solo lane top.
- Good Damage and Items for Maximaxing your power.
- Can save teammates if fast enough.
- Not Much HP.
- You will be focused a lot.
- Won't Die much.
- DIE FOR THE ACE #YOLO.
- Saving your Teammates much as possible.
- Not much Damage.
- not much speed for saving teammates.
- Got Banner of Command for Pushing the lane
- Using ultimate on Adcarry so he can still do damage after he dies(usefull for example: Ezreal
- Mikael's Crucible to Save your ad carry from CC's
- can be tanky for adcarry
- Not much AD (thats what the adcarry is for)
- No Buffed Manamune
- your supposed to support your adcarry not steal his kills!
Pros / Cons
- Your ultimate can MAKE your team.
- people are scared of Yorick so they wont dive him alone and thats when you can take them out with the team.
- (support) Can Push with whole team on every lane when having Banner of Command
- Early game mana shortage.
- No global ulti or skills.
- If to fed will be focused a lot before you can carry your team with the AD&APCarry
Yorick is a good farmer:
- Spamming skills is usefull for Manamune so you can farm faster and easier
- When Omen of War Maxed it can be used as a super farmer!!!
- Tank Champ & still doing heavy damage.
- Quick mana lowage
- Why U No BLUE!.
- need to stack a lot for Manamune
The skills are based on a for me usefull way to use the part in the team in playing at that moment so all I can say is: ''It's Deals damage and makes your team survive dawg!!''
Sorry For the Low Info I will Update it as fast I can when i have time T_T.
- Recommend Roles: AD Tank,Tank,Jungle
- Playing AD Tank is the best way to handle Yorick
- Early game low mana can provide to not be very usefull in ganks
- Ganking not like a Bawz if doing right(don't know the right way myself i Recommend using Flash)
TEAMWORK is all that matters in the game, do your best assist your team as much as you can and make me proud of you being proud of yourself(please comment your teamwork ways to help other people to) as ad Tank(Top) i recommend having Lee Sin jungle because when you slow lee sin can slow and that can lead to a easy gank and easy kill.
What to do in some situations?
This video could help you but if you got problems Comment please so i can tell you a way to dodge that situation. I will make a AD Tank Yorick Gameplay video or stream when i can and post it here.
If there is any problem with the guide or something i would like to hear so i can change it.
For My Yorick Game Play!!