Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

Wayne3100's Quest for Platinum (Season 3)

Creator: Wayne3100 November 25, 2012 4:47pm

This thread is locked

PLEASE NOTE: This thread has been locked by the moderators. You cannot reply to it.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep December 18, 2012 2:18pm | Report
AD Carry + Solo Top > Support > Mid > Jungle, so no, not my best role :P

Thanks to MissMaw for the signature!
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 4:22am | Report

Game 3

Solo Queue

Bans
Masteries
Runes

I'll start off by saying I had teammates that were communicating well in champ select and were friendly throughout the game, only "flaming" Kennen once late game when he made a mistake (it wasn't really flaming, more like asking 'why did you do that :(' and stuff like that).

Other than that the game unfortunately was never really going for us. Lux got First Blood in mid as both junglers came to gank early and about 30 seconds later Jax killed Kennen top while Leona and I initiated in bot lane. We brought Ezreal and Zyra both down to ~5% HP (with both of us having about 40-50% HP left) but we were pushed up pretty far after that. As I was about to mention we were probably going to need wards in the river, Zyra suddenly went aggressive and - as I expected - we were ganked by Shyvana and Lux from the river, killing us both with the help of Ezreal. 0-4.

We didn't panic and made sure the gap didn't increase with both teams picking up several kills after that. In bot lane we got ganked quite a lot but I managed to get some kills and assists too and I still had more cs than Ezreal. When Katarina picked up a triple kill in a Dragon fight we were even ahead shortly, but unfortunately not long after that Lux was getting fed and her Mejai's Soulstealer was becoming pretty stacked. At 13 stacks we eventually killed her, but it wasn't long before some more kills brought her back to 17 and we were losing out on turrets and Dragons, getting pushed back further and further towards our base as the gap in kills began to increase again.

After having a pretty decent teamfight in which I got a triple kill to bring my score back to 8-8 (and bringing the overall score back to 31-40), Kennen eventually made the mistake of Flashing and ulting in on a Lux that he had stunned near their tower (with all 5 enemies around him). Although we were also with 5 and we managed to kill Jax pretty quickly, we were basically throwing away a small advantage (sidelanes were pushing, we were 5v5 mid and generally had more HP than them) by diving unnecessarily and we lost the fight pretty hard.

After that the game wasn't winnable for us anymore as they pressured us back into our base and eventually killed all inhibitors before using the added pressure of super minions to finish it off.

I personally played mediocre this game and noticed I was still more nervous than normal because it was a ranked game, but I can live with the defeat. The Lux (who turned out to be a Season 2 platinum player playing his first placement match this season) was just too strong and we didn't really deserve to win this one as they just played it better overall.

Hogopogo
<Altruistic Artist>
Hogopogo's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 4:24am | Report
Well srry for you loss and gl on your on getting plat
GrandmasterD
<Member>
GrandmasterD's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 5:59am | Report
I have not seen you play Graves in ages.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 6:04am | Report
@Hogopogo Thanks ^^ It's k, you win some, you lose some.

@GrandmasterD True, I haven't played him as often lately. I initially picked Caitlyn but since we had a Leona already I switched to something more bursty. I feel it's not really hard to get back into it on an AD Carry though, so I can pretty much safely pick anything except Tristana and Draven who I suck with :P

Game 4

Solo Queue

Bans
Masteries
Runes

Best way to deal with a loss is to bounce straight back with a win ^^

Not much to say about this one. I was firstpick two times in a row in champ select and after someone dodged the first time when I had Shen, I decided to simply go AD the second time and firstpicked Caitlyn. The enemy AD then decided it'd be a good idea to pick Vayne against that at which I point I knew I was up against a bad player. I was a bit worried about our LeBlanc but after having dodged earlier today I didn't feel like doing it again, so I decided just to go with it.

After some good early W + Q combos by Ali we were about to dive the enemy at bot tower together with Evelynn (~ level 4) when I suddenly disconnected for like 1-2 seconds. Despite the unfortunate timing I came back to find LeBlanc had gotten First Blood mid but died after to an Olaf gank and in bot lane Evelynn had picked up a kill but died to the tower and I was in auto-attack range to pick up the second kill, which I did obviously :P

Despite my cs being absolutely atrocious early on again (I don't know why I get so nervous about stuff as simple as that >.>) we were still ahead after that and meanwhile Garen was winning hard top lane while LeBlanc was staying even/ahead despite many Olaf ganks. As Garen and Teemo left top lane, we had some teamfights in the enemy jungle and after winning those comfortably while also picking up 2 Dragons we got to the 20 minute mark and they surrendered.

Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 9:35am | Report

Game 5

Solo Queue

Bans
Masteries
Runes

Again not much to say. I actually planned on picking Miss Fortune but because they had Kha'Zix I figured I was going to need something with an escape, so I picked Ezreal instead. Laning against Miss Fortune proved to be quite troublesome as she's great at trading but the threat of a Taric stun and some well placed Mystic Shots kept her at bay so it pretty much became a farm lane instead. Eventually, the enemy bot lane started pushing to make me miss cs, but unlike the past few games I was actually doing quite well this time (unfortunately -also unlike the past few games- the enemy AD didn't miss a lot this game).

Meanwhile Kha'Zix got fed in mid and soon started roaming top as well, deciding the lane that was pretty even in Gangplank's favour. At this point Ryze and Fiora basically started flaming each other, telling each other to "check the map & ward more" or to "not only call ss but also follow the guy for a change".

Udyr made a good start by getting First Blood top on Gangplank but after that struggled to help out as he was needed everywhere and bot was well warded.

The first time Kha'Zix came bot I got snared by Zyra (my only mistake; should've dodged it) and I literally vanished once he jumped on me (the Miss Fortune ultimate was barely necessary but would've ensured my demise had I survived Kha'Zix' burst) and it was pretty obvious by then they'd win so we surrendered. Looking back we could've maybe played a bit longer to see if they'd make any mistakes but overall I don't think we had much of a chance.

Still pretty happy as it's the best game I've played so far.

Also, my profile tells me my elo is now 1355. OP.

Crows foot
<Member>
Crows foot's Forum Avatar
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 9:40am | Report
How is it possible for teemo to lose that lane?
If you for some reason want to follow my ranked journey to gold, you can do it Here.

I am against asking for rep, only rep me if you think I contributed well or said something wise.
Wayne3100
<Retired Admin>
Wayne3100's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 10:46am | Report
All I know is Garen said in champion select he'd win the lane easily.

And then he did.

Jpikachu1999
<Member>
Jpikachu1999's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 10:49am | Report
Wayne3100 wrote:

All I know is Garen said in champion select he'd win the lane easily.

And then he did.

Once you say it, it has to happen. It's like magic and beer during hockey games, it only is weird if it doesn't work :P

If I helped you, click that +rep!
Nighthawk
<Veteran>
Nighthawk's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep January 8, 2013 10:52am | Report
it's cause of those damn shrooms :<

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide