Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 309 of 431
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 6:29am | Report
Can anyone help me figure out Corrupting Potion? I've seen A LOT of sololaners start with it over Doran's. Do you build it on anyone you'd get crystalline flask or is there a wider/different criteria? I've also seen many supports get it on their first recall (ranged ones)
Thank you Tsuki for the sig!

NicknameMy
<Editor>
NicknameMy's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 9:04am | Report
If Shen is so strong because of his scaling, isn't Taric kinda in the same boat, actually even more? He is probably the support that gets the most stats out of gold, thanks to his armor aura. 600 armor support Taric's aren't uncommon anymore.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 9:25am | Report
Nope, cause Taric still has waaaay lower pressure due to lack of gap closing and map control. Shen also deals infinitely more damage.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 10:02am | Report
Taric has some qualities in certain lanes though, and he scales better now. I just think he handles poke lanes the poorest out of all "engage" supports

Latest Legend
<Member>
Latest Legend's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 10:24am | Report
Nope, cause Taric still has waaaay lower pressure due to lack of gap closing and map control. Shen also deals infinitely more damage.
If they haven't reworkded him yet again since I last checked I'm pretty sure that Taric has way more burst than Shen though.

However, I played one game with Shen support and now I fully understand what you mean. Pretty insane.
********'s a pretty good fertilizer
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 10:59am | Report
Also, I don't think Shen can increase the carries damage in 2 different ways, one which is very crucial atm in the "LW sucks" meta (20 armorred at level 6, 55 at max rank max build). Shen definitly has more consistant damage than Taric if he is alone, but at which point a support should be alone?

I wouldn't actually say Taric is an engage champ. He is kinda a mix of all classes in one. He counters poke with his heal and armor, he can engage with his stun and armor shredd and he can peel as well with his stun. Together with that, he has the ability to make hypercarries stronger through bonus AD.

Jack of all trades, master of none.
OTGBionicArm
<McFly>
OTGBionicArm's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 11:02am | Report
All that stuff also falls off realllll hard late game. Taric kind of has to dominate early-mid, except he has no actual playmaking abilities to do that. He's just kind.. OK.
NicknameMy
<Editor>
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 11:05am | Report
How does a 50+ armor aura has no effect lategame where mostly ad champs are played atm? Of course, he has no real playmaking ability, but he enables his team to make more and stronger playmaking abilities. With a competent team that knows how to play around the fact that you gain an absurd amount of bonus stats (very very absurd), he is very strong.

Best example: Gambit playing with Taric in the LCS. And that at a time where he was definitly weaker than now.
FalseoGod
<Veteran>
FalseoGod's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 11:33am | Report
Taric does not counter poke lanes ever. Also, trading the ability to take more hits in the face for the a champ that has good CC is fair to me. He is ok. He's not AMAZING WOO.

Im not gonna post on taric anymore this patch, I already know you're biased and saying he's amazing since I joined the site.
Janitsu
<Moderator>
Janitsu's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 11:43am | Report
NicknameMy wrote:
How does a 50+ armor aura has no effect lategame where mostly ad champs are played atm? Of course, he has no real playmaking ability, but he enables his team to make more and stronger playmaking abilities. With a competent team that knows how to play around the fact that you gain an absurd amount of bonus stats (very very absurd), he is very strong.

Best example: Gambit playing with Taric in the LCS. And that at a time where he was definitly weaker than now.

His ult and heal are next to nothing in the late game, so therefore I'd say that he falls off when the late game hits.

The armor is really easily penetrable (especially with cheaper Last Whisper) so it isn't really that good in the late game either. The aura has most potential during laning phase and first few teamfights.

Thanks to OwenTheAwesomer for the signature =)

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide