Click to open network menu
Join or Log In
Mobafire logo

Join the leading League of Legends community. Create and share Champion Guides and Builds.

Create an MFN Account

Or

's Forum Avatar

7.4 Tier List + AMA

Creator: H4xDefender February 20, 2014 5:06pm
4307 posts - page 308 of 431
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 2:13pm | Report
Karma and taric were just too low. Velkoz is reallllllly skillshot dependent and is extremely squishy. If he doesnt dumpster lane he becomes useless really fast.

Talisman is ok. Machete is still better most of the time, but it doesnt make talisman useless. If you need mana, you need mana.

Brand and Viktor didn't get hit nearly as hard as other champs when it came to AP itemization cost increases, and both still do insane damage with very few completed items.

I don't think the muramana ezreal build is good. Every ezreal i've seen is just going Essence into Tri and it seems fine, don't see them going oom in fights unless they spam the **** out of W and miss every single Q. I don't play ADC so I can't immediately give a solid answer on that.

Aatrox jungle isn't that bad but I just don't think he is better than anyone above him.

Shen has ridiculous all in coupled with really good sustain in lane. On top of this, he has huge roam pressure even without ultimate, and he just doesn't die unless he goes full ******. Oh yeah, almost forgot to mention hes resourceless.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 4:55pm | Report
Talisman is ok. Machete is still better most of the time, but it doesnt make talisman useless. If you need mana, you need mana.

I think you're underestimating Hunter's Talisman. If there are 3 targets in the camp and you have a reasonable chance to hit all three with an ability once every five seconds, then Hunter's Talisman does a total of 15 damage/sec, while Hunter's Machete will do probably around 16 damage/sec, depending on the attack speed of your character. Meanwhile, Hunter's Talisman will give 15 health/sec back to you while you'll only get about 5 health/sec from the 8% life steal on Hunter's Machete. So, the damage will be comparable, albeit spread out over multiple targets, while the Hunter's Talisman will always give you more health back. It's not just mana you're getting from Hunter's Talisman, it's health as well.

Now, if you're playing a jungler with their own innate health sustain who doesn't care about the extra health sustain from the jungle item, then of course being able to focus all the damage on a key target will be better. However, if you're playing a jungler who needs that extra healing boost, Hunter's Talisman is the way to go.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 5:24pm | Report
Re4XN wrote:
Galio's... a mana junkie. Like, he's even worse than Ziggs regarding mana costs, but at least Ziggs has a ranged AA, while Galio is melee. The removal of Crystalline Flask was even worse.

I messed around in a game as Galio and his mana issues weren't that bad. He starts with 50 more mana than he did before the preseason. I started with a Doran's Ring and on first back bought 2x Sapphire Crystals (which eventually fed into an Iceborn Gauntlet). After that, my mana issues were minimal.

Embracing wrote:
the reason galio isn't good is because his kit doesn't fit into anywhere.
full ap? low tankiness, low damage, low range, high cds compared to other mages.
tanky? low cc, unreliable initiate compared to other initiate tanks.

I get what you're saying. It bugs me to no end whenever the subject of a Galio rework is broached with Riot, and they say, "We think Galio is in a good place." His kit is rather wacky and doesn't fit neatly. Of course, there are ways to make it work -- using Kalista's ult as an initiator or comboing with another initiator like Amumu, but I get what you're saying.

Grasp of the Undying's tooltip says "attack", as opposed to "abilities". I'm pretty sure it only works on auto-attacks, doesn't it?

****. You're right. The in-game tooltip is a lot clearer about it being a basic attack. I'll have to rethink his masteries.
Mooninites
<Member>
Mooninites's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 6:06pm | Report
MungoGeri wrote:

I started with a Doran's Ring and on first back bought 2x Sapphire Crystals (which eventually fed into an Iceborn Gauntlet). After that, my mana issues were minimal.

Thanks for the Signature MissMaw!
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 6:20pm | Report
MungoGeri wrote:

I started with a Doran's Ring and on first back bought 2x Sapphire Crystals (which eventually fed into an Iceborn Gauntlet). After that, my mana issues were minimal.

Its like reading a guide by Throatslasher

Basically MOBAFire.
MungoGeri
<Member>
MungoGeri's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 6:39pm | Report

Its like reading a guide by Throatslasher

Dude, I said I was messing around. Go Athene's Unholy Grail, Rod of Ages, or Frozen Heart if you want. The point I was making was that the mana issues aren't as bad as they used to be.
Jimmydoggga 2.0
<Member>
Jimmydoggga 2.0's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 7:20pm | Report
MungoGeri wrote:

Dude, I said I was messing around. Go Athene's Unholy Grail, Rod of Ages, or Frozen Heart if you want. The point I was making was that the mana issues aren't as bad as they used to be.

Morellonomicon it is then.

Basically MOBAFire.
Embracing
<Crowd Favorite>
Embracing's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 8:27pm | Report
mana crystal is straight up the worst purchase u can ever buy on a back lol. it's the item that you never ever want to buy when backing. get another d ring or just get standard combat stats instead.

@h4x: if ur playing gragas and ur getting sightstone do u get skirm / stalk instead of trackers?
H4xDefender
<Veteran>
H4xDefender's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 25, 2015 9:43pm | Report
Skirmishers. Stalkers isnt necessary since you already have a ranged slow.
Vapora Dark
<Perfectionist>
Vapora Dark's Forum Avatar
Show more awards
Permalink | Quote | PM | +Rep November 26, 2015 6:02am | Report
Embracing wrote:
mana crystal is straight up the worst purchase u can ever buy on a back lol. it's the item that you never ever want to buy when backing. get another d ring or just get standard combat stats instead.

@h4x: if ur playing gragas and ur getting sightstone do u get skirm / stalk instead of trackers?

lol I build Trinity Force on bruiserina and I just feel awkward when I have a free item slot but the only thing I can buy is a mana crystal. Like technically I can buy it and won't lose anything for it, but... what's the point. i don't even use mana LOL.

You need to log in before commenting.

League of Legends Champions:

Teamfight Tactics Guide